ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have some alloy bells for sale mate, shame your not on 15" wheels.

Looking forward to this being back on the road mate, hopefully get to see you and the car this year.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Which turbo you gone for Andy? Please tell me it's a GR2860 or RS
Hi mate - it will be a Garrett GT2860R.

I have some alloy bells for sale mate, shame your not on 15" wheels.

Looking forward to this being back on the road mate, hopefully get to see you and the car this year.
Oh well, never mind mate! :) The hope is that it will be done this year. Time and deliveries permitting it might be done in time for a driving weekend I've been invited to. As soon as she's coming home I will drop you a line Scott! :)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Great turbo choice mate, you'll be very happy with the results. Not sure why you want a meg head though? I ran the stock head with stock cams and with 1 bar of boost hit 341bhp @ RStuning.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I found the VVT a useful addition, if you go Meg head your options are either restrictive megane cams or buy VVT delete CatCams. Unless you go down the route of machining the 182 inlet can to take a non VVT pulley.

Besides you'll also be stuck with the megane inlet which isn't anything amazing.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the info mate. I have to confess I'm no expert but I've already bought a 197 inlet which is being used instead (with a few tweaks to be made as necessary).

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Hmmmm not sure if the 197 inlet bolts to the 225 head, if it does it'll need some serious porting to the inlet ports as they are a lot bigger on a 197 head.

The head will be in capable hands. Reason for VVT Delete is due to the oil pressure issues it can cause, which was one of the failing points of the last engine (it DID NOT soley cause it)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Ah right, never really gave much thought to the VVT causing oil pressure issues. I've always just ran with it. Will be interesting to see how if I have any issues in my new build.

What power you aiming for? As it's starting to sound like a serious build now, you just using a log manifold?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The head will be in capable hands. Reason for VVT Delete is due to the oil pressure issues it can cause, which was one of the failing points of the last engine (it DID NOT soley cause it)
^ Yeah, what this gentleman says! :)

Ah right, never really gave much thought to the VVT causing oil pressure issues. I've always just ran with it. Will be interesting to see how if I have any issues in my new build.

What power you aiming for? As it's starting to sound like a serious build now, you just using a log manifold?
It's a fairly serious build mate (as far as I'm concerned at least!) and I'll stick up some more details soon. As for power / torque. Hmm, anything over 200bhp and 180lbft would be nice... ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Lured by a finer grade of sheep if you ask me....
...and you wouldn't? :tonguewink:
sheep-hooker-118086846646.jpeg

You from notts?
Originally mate, yes. Just on the Notts side of the Notts/Derbys border.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Who f**king knew!! Lol! I always thought you were from Welsh Wales!
Me? No mate. I've been around. Lived in a few places. Mainly due to my previous job and the redundancies every year or two that are common in that industry! I love Wales though. The best place I've ever lived and so many amazing roads and scenery on the doorstep. The quality of the sheep is second-to-none as well. From a culinary perspective you understand. I still don't know how the velcro gloves ended up on my person...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Me? No mate. I've been around. Lived in a few places. Mainly due to my previous job and the redundancies every year or two that are common in that industry! I love Wales though. The best place I've ever lived and so many amazing roads and scenery on the doorstep. The quality of the sheep is second-to-none as well. From a culinary perspective you understand. I still don't know how the velcro gloves ended up on my person...
Ah right. I'm the same mate, been here and there. Only moved this way for a woman who turned into an ex! That got me looking at a change of scenery and I found a few nice little places in Germany that ticked all the right boxes. Those being cologne, koblenz and Aachen. It just so happens that they're not all that far from the Nurburgring and I got offered jobs over there. Me and the dog were well up for a move abroad - then I met who is now my wife and I had to put it on hold indefinitely. Who needs the nordschliefe 30 miles away anyway............

Me! Lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right. I'm the same mate, been here and there. Only moved this way for a woman who turned into an ex! That got me looking at a change of scenery and I found a few nice little places in Germany that ticked all the right boxes. Those being cologne, koblenz and Aachen. It just so happens that they're not all that far from the Nurburgring and I got offered jobs over there. Me and the dog were well up for a move abroad - then I met who is now my wife and I had to put it on hold indefinitely. Who needs the nordschliefe 30 miles away anyway............

Me! Lol
Ah, fair play mate. These things do happen! Koblenz and Aachen... two places I really like and the two places I stay when I visit the 'Ring / Germany! I've stayed in the Hotel Contel on the Moselle more than a few times. In fact, one year we stayed there, drove to Spa for a trackday, and then went back to the hotel for another night. But yeah, who needs the 'Ring on their doorstep. Pfft.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
July 2015 - Update #1

Just for completeness and to keep the thread up-to-date... SORN'd :car:

I've been a bit optimistic as I haven't SORN'd the R26.

What's the hold up with it then? I'd have thought the build would be almost finished by now like mine is.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a complete 172 ph2 engine FOC if you want it?
I've no idea what it's like as the dephaser was so fucked it wouldn't idle but if you want it, it's here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sad Times [emoji17]
It's only temporary mate :) Well, until she's ready to go back on the road of course. It's just not worth paying tax whilst it's off the road.

I've been a bit optimistic as I haven't SORN'd the R26.

What's the hold up with it then? I'd have thought the build would be almost finished by now like mine is.
Optimism is good! Fingers crossed Tim! :) As Dan says, it's sourcing a reliable and undamaged head that's taking a bit of time. Some inconsiderate b**tards are keeping the good ones for themselves! :tonguewink:

I've got a complete 172 ph2 engine FOC if you want it?
I've no idea what it's like as the dephaser was so fucked it wouldn't idle but if you want it, it's here.

I also have my head from my old engine you can have free.
Thanks for the kind and generous offers gents. As much as they are appreciated it is a Megane 225 (non-VVT) head that is needed. :up: