ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Re: The life of... SharkyUK's Trophy [& Fred's V6]

So whens it been rebooked in for then Andy ??

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Hopefully it won't be too much longer mate. Insurance on the V6 is now about to cut into the engine build budget and house deposit! I can't justify having it much longer with it being on temporary insurance cover for almost a year!!!! LOL!

I don't think there are any pics unfortunately. But I'll get plenty of the finished build once it's home :) You can be sure of that ;)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Are you Andy's PA? Why do you feel the need to chase up everything on his behalf and keep going on about it? Do you have some vested interest that no one else knows of?

Lol, part of me wants Andy to get it back and just drive it about without telling anyone. Let them keep working themselves up into a frenzy.

You can PM me pictures though Andy :eek:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Are you Andy's PA? Why do you feel the need to chase up everything on his behalf and keep going on about it? Do you have some vested interest that no one else knows of?

Lol yes I am his PA ! Don't have any vested intrest other than thinking that Andy has had so much bad luck with this car and been pissed about that it will be good to see him get it back , why does it bother you so much that I ask ? I just find it amazing its taking as long as it is !

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Remind me why you kept it on temp insurance mate, it never makes sense to me but I can't remember why!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Lol, part of me wants Andy to get it back and just drive it about without telling anyone. Let them keep working themselves up into a frenzy.

You can PM me pictures though Andy :eek:
Good call, I like that idea... (and I'll happily send you the pics) ;)

Remind me why you kept it on temp insurance mate, it never makes sense to me but I can't remember why!
I can't get anyone (insurance company) to insure me on it mate, other than on a temporary policy, due to the fact that I'm not the owner of the vehicle. Hence it's costing a small fortune (although a little less than what I'd be paying for a hire car per week).

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Can't wait to see this finished. It'll be worth it!!!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Hopefully not too much longer now until I can finish off my cheese-tastic Trophy video... LOL! :eek:

*embarrassed grin*

Last edited by a moderator:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

This was the first project thread I read from beginning to end when I joined CS a couple of years ago and it was an amazing read then, let alone now.

Can't wait to see it finished Andy. From watching the video it'll be AMAZING ;) love the key rack clip.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

This was the first project thread I read from beginning to end when I joined CS a couple of years ago and it was an amazing read then, let alone now.

Can't wait to see it finished Andy. From watching the video it'll be AMAZING ;) love the key rack clip.
And you're still reading it now?! :p Thanks for sticking with it and I hope to have some 'serious' updates for you shortly.

As for the key rack clip... :eek: ...to be honest, it was all meant to be a bit tongue in cheek and I sincerely hope I can soon crack on and finish the video. I have some cool ideas and some lovely roads to drive so fingers crossed!

It's back home now?
Not quite, mate. But not far off.

Nice one Andy. Can't wait to see the video.
One thing that does strike me is that I don't actually have any video camera gear at the moment (as I started making this vid using my mate's equipment). Now might be the time to invest in a GoPro and/or some other recording gear.

This?!

Is it back home?!
As above buddy - it's not far off.

Ha ha, love it!
:eek:

Awesome lol. Can't wait to see it done.
Thanks mate!
Exactly, I can't wait to be welcomed back into the Trophy elite ;)

Contrary to popular belief, or what my mate's Official Trophy Countdown Timer states, the Trophy should be home in a couple of weeks or so. I guess Fred might want his V6 back for an oil change, gearbox fluid change and the small matter of Le Mans... :rasp:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

This up for spares or repair yet?
Not quite yet, mate. I think I have to get the car back, drive it for two weeks and THEN put it up for sale / breaking / spares, etc... I'm sure that's how it's generally done! :p

Hahaha, this is class.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to see her in the flesh when's she's done!
I'm hoping to be at ClioSport Saturday this year and I'll be at the Llandow track day in August with the Burpspeed boys... ;) Or if you ever fancy a drive over some lovely Welsh roads then give us a shout!

Lol at the trophy countdown timer ! :)
Yeah, seems to have gone down quite well. With friends like that, who needs enemies, eh? LOL! Currently at some 62 years plus! :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

No wonder Fred hasnt been able to finish it if you dropped off the car and forgot to give him the keys.

Evo 5 RS

Hate to think when mine would have been done if I had kept it lol. You're gonna miss the Vee I reckon :D

That is until you hit 8k rpm and hear your trophy scream like a banshee.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

No wonder Fred hasnt been able to finish it if you dropped off the car and forgot to give him the keys.
I'm sure I gave him the keys... although maybe not the keys to the Aerocatches... LOL!

Hate to think when mine would have been done if I had kept it lol. You're gonna miss the Vee I reckon :D
Yours might have taken a while mate... but you might also have had a better run of luck! In the time I've been waiting yours has gone through a couple or so owners and a few engine changes / updates!

Me? Miss the Vee? Absolutely. :eek: Not the quickest car I've driven by any stretch of the imagination, not the most agile. But possibly the most 'special'.

That is until you hit 8k rpm and hear your trophy scream like a banshee.
8k? I daren't take it that high mate... that's V-TEC territory (y0!) The Trophy is going to get such a hammering when it's back home. I can't wait. Bring on the banshee! :)

Evo 5 RS

nah that build will be fine with 8k :p

Might wanna run that by Fred first though lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

nah that build will be fine with 8k :p

Might wanna run that by Fred first though lol
I think I'll stick to the Type-R for high-revving fun (although I'm sure a slight raise in rev limit might be do-able with this build...)

On another note, there's a nasty rumour going around that someone had the car running and that it was 'taken outside and washed'. See? Progress! That should keep the naysayers and doom 'n' gloom-ers quiet! LOL! :p

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

That's just Chinese whispers, it actually just rolled outside in the rain after the handbrake failed ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

That's just Chinese whispers, it actually just rolled outside in the rain after the handbrake failed ;)

It wouldn't roll anywhere with all of the piles of s**t stacked around it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Ah - the truth always comes out in the end! LOL! :)

It wouldn't roll anywhere with all of the piles of s**t stacked around it.
Most of that s**t is probably off my car and is useless. From speaking to Fred it's no wonder that the old engine used to leak oil and drink coolant for fun (judging by the state of the head and the block, which have both been replaced).

I have just spend the last hour reading this thread. And well I have to say that my hat goes off to you, you show true dedication. I would have given up a long time ago. My fingers are crossed that after the build the engine will be reliable and you are able to drive it without worrying about it breaking down.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

I have just spend the last hour reading this thread. And well I have to say that my hat goes off to you, you show true dedication. I would have given up a long time ago. My fingers are crossed that after the build the engine will be reliable and you are able to drive it without worrying about it breaking down.
Thanks for taking the time to read through :) Being completely honest, there were times when I came very close to giving up on it but I'm determined to see it through. When everything is working as it should then it's really a great car!