ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the cheapest that's been paid?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just thinking I got my 182 for a pretty good price... £1,850 (109k miles but full service history, full years MOT, and it's absolutely mint inside and out, bar the melted steering wheel!)

Has anyone else paid less for a 182? Not including buying one broken. Whilst we're at it, cheapest 172 & V6? Maybe even 197's, quite interested to see what they're going for these days on the cheaper side of things.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
i paid £900 for my 51 plate ph2 172 donner car - had 86k on the clock

day i picked it up.

IMAG0011.jpg

The "prize" will doubtless go to someone up north.

Down south you can barely even find one find under 2k, even a high mileage dog of a 172.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
08 plate 197 with climate control and cup pack just went through the auction last week for £4400. (Thats got a little bit to do with the time of year though)

Rusty Cup
£1,850 109k miles
I sold my RB with both cup packs, 70k, 2 sets of suspension (coilovers and standard) 2 exhausts (loud and standard) unmarked 15" pro 1's all good tyres, unmelted steering wheel, remapped with launch control, fully refurbed box still in warranty.. to Daniel for £1800!!

Plenty of bargains out there at the mo.

ITB'd 172 Cup
Bought a nice 55plate 182 in silver with 45k miles for £1200 out of auction. Had engine light which was just a lamba sensor, sold it not too long after with no warranty claims so it must of been a good one.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Bought a nice 55plate 182 in silver with 45k miles for £1200 out of auction. Had engine light which was just a lamba sensor, sold it not too long after with no warranty claims so it must of been a good one.

Nice! Must get on these auctions it seems...

White clique
TBH these prices are reality kicking in. There are LOADS of 172 / 182s out there, they are getting old now and they cant be worth 4k or 7k for a trophy forever. Times change.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
TBH these prices are reality kicking in. There are LOADS of 172 / 182s out there, they are getting old now and they cant be worth 4k or 7k for a trophy forever. Times change.

Couldn't agree more. There's some jokers on eBay still goin by book valuations on 172's, and when you make them a realistic off they don't like it! Someone wants 3k for a 172 exclusive with horrible wheels!

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Bargain. How's it running?

Perfect now, needed a few small bits but haw a friend breaking one, so got parts for peanuts. Needed a dephaser pulley which I did myself, plus a couple of tyres. I've now got a really nice ph1 that owes me £1200. I could of paid £1500 for a supposedly well maintained one and still have to do those bits.

they shall all hit bottom prices all the chavs will buy them(like now) and right them off in mc donalds carpark or racing their mates!!! then after another ten years you may see a little rise in prices as they slowly dissapear.

Clio 197

agreed, been browsing AT recently and trophys can be had for £4.5 - 5k now

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I bought a ph1 Iceburg 172 with tax and MOT for £500, its now nearly ready for the track.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The prices ont his thread seem insainly cheap to me (for a good condition, working car). I just paid £2950 for my 182 with 72K on the clock (belts done etc); I looked on ebay/autotrader and didnt see any for under 2000 in the south! You guys must be hunting for these for ages!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
No idea but I know of a 172 track car with a broken gearbox that's up for ten thousand pounds.

lol at that guy...

i paid 1700 for my 03 iceberg. 85k, long mot and tax. thought that was about right the car tbh. seen alot go for far less but they are all over 110k milage. people seem to think milage is a bad thing. as long as its got good history then i say its fine :)

Clio Sport 182
I got my 04 plate 182 with 37k on it for £2400 + auction fees ;)

Came with no mot or tax but flew through the mot only needing a tyre

Iceberg 2002 172
Paid £900 for my 2002 (51 plate) 172 on saturday :)

Standard apart from a longlife exhaust system, 130k but epic amounts of service history and 2 receipts for cambelt changes, drives like new!

320d
Some great bargains out there. I seriously can't think of a better performance all rounder for the money.

Audi A5
So it seems the cheapest for a fully running, taxed and tested is around

700-1k for a 172 phase 1
1k-1.5k for a 172 phase 2
And 2k for a 182

Does that sound about right?