ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the cheapest that's been paid?

work for BMW
I brought a 2000 phase2 1.2 black Clio a few years agO for £500, found it on auto trader for £900.thou it did stink of weed and the guy who sold it to me was clearly a dealer haha

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
yes, however as long as you distinguisg between cheap & 'bargain/ value for money'

Most of the cheap cars arent a bargain, the price reflects mileage/condition etc- so paying £750 for a phase 1 on 120 k miles in average condition is cheap but it isnt a bargain-

A bargain would be a mint 172 on 50k for £750

S

Iceberg 172
I paid £1,350 for my 51 plate 172 this weekend off a middle aged woman that had owned it for 7 years. 12 Months MOT and Tax. 70K on the clock and a stack of receipts.

Clio 172
Just bought a flame red ph1 172, 125k, loads of history, 2 years left on the cam belt (just did the auxiliary) 4 months tax and 12 months MOT for £650. Put two new tyres on it and replacing the discs and pads (rears I got brand new free from a mate) and I'll be going down the ds2500 and brembo route for the fronts. Oh and the insurance was under £300. All in a nice deal.

_DSC0008.jpg

ByeByeclio3.jpg

Birmingham-20110415-00072.jpg

NewDash.jpg

£250. TeamAriane BlooDdiamond.

had a £500 rebuild at btm since and additional extras. Now in storage.

2002 Flame Red 172
Paid £1700 at the start of December for my flame red Ph2 172. completely standard and mint. 69k with fsh.

02 Clio 172
£1000 02 plate 172, no mot but only cost £150 to get it through including £50 mot, 98k swell with history

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Prices are insane, cant believe the 197 that went for 4k at the auction.

I'm very pleased with what I paid for the V6 but hoping to hold onto it for a while. It seems the more eco cars are selling for more? i.e. a DCi Clio can go for the same if not more than a Clio sport 182/172

Clio 197
I got my 56 plate 197 for £6750. It had 18500 miles, a years MOT, 6 months tax, climate control, auto wipers/lights, 6 disc cd player and best of all a sunroof! (which i hadnt seen before on a 197).

172 PH1
Bought my Ph1 172 a few months back, near mint - sensible miles, not a sausage wrong with it - only mod was a longlife exhaust. Cambelt, aux, dephaser all done and good.

£370 lol

Put it through MOT, failed on a £7 washer pump - no advisories.

Chuffed with that.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
02 PH2 Flamer with 68k on the clock that required paint correction, a new grill and belt's/dephaser doing. Had new tyres all round and almost mint alloys, completely standard.

Paid £650 or just over 1k if you include the belts etc.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
seen this on piston heads, nice colour, bit of a weird car though especially with the Gold Renault Badges on the parcel shelf :S no stereo either but has been said its got quite a few things done apparently like cambelt, gearbox, clutch and headgasket? and its a 1.2 but its going for £1000? shows you can pick up a ph1 172 for less than a 1.2!

182 FF
I paid £2200 for a 54 plate full fat 182 with 58,000 on the clock with cambelt done. Not as cheap to buy as yours but a pretty good price I thought :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Il be paying £400 for a 51plate 172 on 70k miles in a week or so!

And just over 3k on a RB 182 on saturday (went and got the money out the bank On saturday :D)

133/225/CLS AMG
£800 for a 2003 with 56k on the clock, all belts done. Only thing wrong with it was a bit of bodywork, that cost me £600 so all in £1,400 for a mint low mileage 172 which doesn't require any major servicing.

These cars are a total bargain now days.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I paid £5,950 for my R27 4 - 5 months ago. I was well chuffed!

Ok so it's done 57k, the wheels wanted a refurb, and it's got 3 ditch finders on it but the way I look at it is - I couldn't afford to pay the 8k that low mileage minters are fetching, but £175 for the wheels, and £400 for some tyres and I think i've got myself a bargain!

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
seen this on piston heads, nice colour, bit of a weird car though especially with the Gold Renault Badges on the parcel shelf :S no stereo either but has been said its got quite a few things done apparently like cambelt, gearbox, clutch and headgasket? and its a 1.2 but its going for £1000? shows you can pick up a ph1 172 for less than a 1.2!

The 1.2 is attractive to young drivers after lower premiums, so it retains its value

Renault 21 turbo
and it's absolutely mint inside and out, bar the melted steering wheel!)

Dnt worry about a melted wheel, I've just bought a 172 cup for pocket money and the melted steering wheel now looks mint. As simple as a can of thinners a flat head screwdriver for scraping and a bit of elbow grease. ;-)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Dnt worry about a melted wheel, I've just bought a 172 cup for pocket money and the melted steering wheel now looks mint. As simple as a can of thinners a flat head screwdriver for scraping and a bit of elbow grease. ;-)

Oh don't worry I got mine fully re-trimmed :D

Clio 182
Paid £2700 for my 04 182
50k miles
full service history
belts done
Standard Barr janspeed exhaust
spare stereo
spare wheel
just needs bumper respray

clio 172
Iv just paid 1200 for my phase 2 172 belts done at 75k fsh standard bar some crap induction kit and it had 82k on it :) made up with it

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
A quick read through this shows how much the prices are dropping :s

I paid 1700 for my ph2 172 a year ago, ive had the belts done and tidied everything up. I would struggle to get 1200 for it now :(

renault clio 182
Paid 2400 for my 54plate RB it's a full fat had few mods ie turinis suspension upgrades full scorpion exhaust system and carbon bits only had 67k on the clock when I got it and came with receipts from Renault that it had all belts and dephaser and all new injectors only 3months before I got it which totalled well over a grand and had a fsh I thought that was ok and the guy even dropped it off to my door for me from Aberdeen just had too run him too train station after couldn't complain at that