ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why Should I Keep My 172

Abarth 595 Trufeo

ok guys & gals

Im really fed up......

As some of you know I have had a few probs with the car nothing mechanical just cosmetic damage.

Huge scratch down the ns rear quarter
- caused by persons unknown
Neigbours roof tiles smashing my windscreen, bonnet & roof
-all fixed and their insurance paid up
Cup rear spoiler not fitted correctly
- although this will be replaced free of charge by Renault next week
and now another huge dent in my bonnet from a flying umbrella.

I am so p1ssed off at the moment and I feel that the car is unlucky - Its a 53 flame red clio 172.

So I need some reminding/persuading/reassurance as to why I should keep this car.

H

Revels Mum & Sister

Because no matter what car you had that would happen anyway.

And for the Money u wont get anything as good as the 172!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You wont get a bigger bang for your buck.. as they say ! thats why !

And as a free extra bonus you get to become a member of the Cliosport family.. (okay its not much but its something ;))

Revels Mum & Sister

Yes but for that Price Range we are talking!!!!!!!!!!!

And something new (ish) with a warranty.

Yaris Hybrid

Once the spoiler is corrected the only problem will be the bonnet which is fairly easy to fix. Ditching the Clio for another new car wont solve anything unless you buy an old banger in which case you wont mind scratches etc.

Seems to me like you just need to be careful over where you park. When you get a nice new car you lose the freedom to park where you like I am afraid.

I have had to fit CCTV and a security light outside my house where I park and I often refuse to join my friends at pubs which dont have large wide open parking areas. Thats the price of owning a tidy car in world full of w@nkers.

TDI tyre shreader

mines pissing me off at the min, the front suspension is sh*t on this car why the hell did renault realease a car that bangs all the time oh and whats that, the serv light is on again what a damn shocker. wheres my autotrader

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Thanks guys - I do enjoy driving the car, I just feel this one is unlucky - may pop down to Renault later see how much theyll give me towards a 182.

Toypop - problem is that 2 incidents have happened at home whilst parked on my driveway - the scratch was received whilst parked at my local Renault dealer. So unless I get a bubble to keep it in I may have to buy a new house

;) H

Yaris Hybrid

Before I take my car to the dealers I always clean it up real nice and take some photos. That way if they damage it in some way they cannot deny that it was like it when I brought it in. Also they have commented in the past on how tidy my car is - if they have noticed how tidy my car is they will know that they cant so much as breath on the car without me noticing and demanding compensation. Hopefully this makes them take more care.

I think the incidents at your house were freak accidents so nothing to worry about.

Sounds like you are just looking for an excuse to buy a 182 but I cant blame you for that!

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by tomboy on 28 June 2004

Toypop - problem is that 2 incidents have happened at home whilst parked on my driveway - the scratch was received whilst parked at my local Renault dealer. So unless I get a bubble to keep it in I may have to buy a new house

;) H
you can get a bubble helen!!! :D a carcoon!! i got very excited about these at goodwood...just cause they look fun, nevermind the practicality of them lol.
Heres the website....http://www.carcoon.co.uk/profile.htmhttp://www.carcoon.co.uk/profile.htm

Be a shame to see the red one go....:cry:

Em

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 28 June 2004

/me pictures Pootle in her very own bubble :D
lol...i wanted to climb in one to see what would happen!!! they are sooo cool!! :D

You have to think what you would replace it with and whether you would be happy/happier.

CTR? Possibly, unless you prefer bends

206GTi180? Nope (imo)

Fester ST150? lol 150 instead of 172 nuff said! :p

Saxo VTS? mint if you can stand people mistaking it for a VTR

182? Is it worth swapping for? For the price to change you could have a bash at "roamerising" your 172 ;)

Dints etc cant be helped, if they happen they happen bad as it is.