ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams vs 182

EVOgone said:
Mk1 guys get over it, its a new car and so it should be quicker, better on fuel and dynamically in a different league. Im not say which one you like best or which one you should buy.
Yep so it should
Advances don't mean things get faster just change.
Peugeot 206 Gti, Golf Gti

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Martin. said:
Nothing to get over fella I'm quite happy with my slower, un-econimical, dynamically sub standard car..everyones a winner!;)
lol evogone u would get fucked by his car , track, your group n land, pod f**king anywhere!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
who gives a toss which one is quicker. there both great cars at the end of the day. and there both f**king renaults:sleepy:

Ben_p I don;'t know Evo gones car seems a good one plus he's a very good driver.
Funkyjahooner - I love my Willy (the cars fun as well)

Craigs got it right though. Why not get a superbike if you want to go very fast.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
edde said:
Ben_p I don;'t know Evo gones car seems a good one plus he's a very good driver.
Funkyjahooner - I love my Willy (the cars fun as well)

Craigs got it right though. Why not get a superbike if you want to go very fast.

Edde you know me, superbikes are not for me.

I have never said which is more desireable just the 182 is quicker. Im sure i could peddle R2 round the ring quicker than the Williams....

Anyways thats not the point, hope the cars all running ok.....

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ben_p said:
lol evogone u would get f**ked by his car , track, your group n land, pod f**king anywhere!

Frankly how would you know....Edde knows the answer to that one.

Plus his is striped / Modded so you shouldn't compare the two.......Edde you know the score.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have just sat and read the last couple of pages of this convo.....

i can't believe how immature some people are....and how many little gripes are being put in...i joined cliosport quite a while ago and it was all friendly..now it seems to have decended into 2 ranks..mark 1's and mark 2's..i still appreciate the work that go's into cliosport but can see why other clubs such as williamsclio was set up.

J

jamesy

my mates williams has hillpower induction kit, comp plugs and leads, decat and full scorpion stainless system and he has blown away>
clio 172
clio182
golf r32
mitsubishi gto
nissan 300zx
2.0 16v nova
205 mi 16
nissan silvia (s13/s14/s15) up an too they got griplol
cav gsi turbo
and too many others to list its safe to say there rapid:cool:
(but as you say at the end of the day there both renaults and both fast so whats it matter where all one big renault team!)

Last edited by a moderator:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
jamesy said:
my mates williams has hillpower induction kit, comp plugs and leads, decat and full scorpion stainless system and he has blown away>
clio 172
clio182
golf r32
mitsubishi gto
nissan 300zx
2.0 16v nova
205 mi 16
nissan silvia (s13/s14/s15) up an too they got griplol
cav gsi turbo
and too many others to list its safe to say there rapid:cool:
(but as you say at the end of the day there both renaults and both fast so whats it matter where all one big renault team!)

Oh dear..........

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
jamesy said:
how do you mean?

Im sure most of the car on your list if driven properly would be quicker in a straight line.....

Its a big boast that isnt true, the turbo car must of had a hose come off.

J

jamesy

this is just off the mark i can only vouch for the nova/s15 of which was spinning and snaking for ages the rest so im told i find it far fetched myself but this is what he claims still as you say if driven well with a good launch perhaps not;)

megane coupe F7R
Standard vs standard a williams vs a 182 i would put money on it that it was a pretty even race. Is it so hard to belive that a 10+ year old williams can keep up with a 182? In the real world the differrence is absoloutly f**k all.

Loony said:
The toque biasing hedge seeking diff along with the interior is what puts me off them.

sorry but thats a s**t comment, have u actually driven a FRS properly or just read that out of a book? ive driven steves FRS (the one mentioned from the vid lol) and dont see the problem with the diff, makes it alot better to play with imo, and i can honestly say the interior is miles better then ANY renault interior !

as for the williams vs 182 etc, who cares ive driven all of them and prefer the williams for how it drives, but if i had the cash id be driving a FRS about without a doubt, its understandable for people to buy a 182, u get free warrenty for when the engine mounts f**k up, cat fails etc etc and they look great on a AA wagon lol quaility cars couldnt think of any other way to waste that much cash lol

yeecup said:
met up with my mate whos got a 04 plate 182 with cup packs. took both the cars up to mine for a good washing session then out for a bit of a play. he stayed behind me and i led the way he was commenting on how sweet the williams sounded especially when i was booting it (his is standard) anyway we had various blasts round the outskirts of edinburgh on some nice short streches of dual carriageway etc and there was baciscally nothing in it , i wasnt pulling and he wasnt gaining, was nice to get a comparison. told him to watch out after i get my cams/pulleys and remap ill be leaving him behind oh and his sounds s**t, like a dyson hoover. oh my williams has hillpower i.k, hillpower chip, de cat and full magnex. cheers.
If you can only just match a standard 182 you would get ripped apart by a Cup with similar mods to your Williams...... i.e my Cup.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
richy said:
sorry but thats a sh*t comment, have u actually driven a FRS properly or just read that out of a book? ive driven steves FRS (the one mentioned from the vid lol) and dont see the problem with the diff, makes it alot better to play with imo, and i can honestly say the interior is miles better then ANY renault interior !

as for the williams vs 182 etc, who cares ive driven all of them and prefer the williams for how it drives, but if i had the cash id be driving a FRS about without a doubt, its understandable for people to buy a 182, u get free warrenty for when the engine mounts f**k up, cat fails etc etc and they look great on a AA wagon lol quaility cars couldnt think of any other way to waste that much cash lol

Totally agree....FRS is far better than the clio. But it should be its lot more expensive.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Williams025 said:
Why dont you lot just line up and see who can piss the furthest?

Funny really all the arsey comments are comming from the MK1 people.....as Niel cup says the Cup vs the Willaims we all know the winner.

Nissan 350Z
Havent bothered reading this whole thread (not going to either), I had a little "play" with a Williams once, and I believe he was trying, and I'd say I managed to pull a couple of lengths on it to about 90.

EVOgone said:
Funny really all the arsey comments are comming from the MK1 people.....as Niel cup says the Cup vs the Willaims we all know the winner.

...my comment wasnt intended to be 'arsy' I just think its sad grown ups are still having an evolved "my dad can beat up your dad" arguement! Both are great cars, plain and simple.

A 2.0 Nova is a quick car there lighter and there better engines stock than the Renault 2.0
Mi16 must have had a hlf inch exhaust ther every quick cars.
R32 errr was it towing a house maybe they didn't know they were being raced against.
Evogone- I know the score I'd be interested to see which is quicker, as you know mines not standard (but its not as quick 1/4 mile as some standard cars). I was going to ring you to come down yesterday but never got the chance to. You'll have to come to a track day some time then you can compare the two cars.
There few good standard Williams to compare against though. At the Renault sport day at Oulotn I think mine was quicker than other 182/172's but then again it should be with the modifications its got. It lost out on shell corner as the exhaust kept disconnecting so the small advantage I built up was completly lost. Maybe thats the answer then the Williams/Mk2's aren't that much different but the Williams is older with the obvious weaknesses that this brings.

The cars broken though again I had a disagreement with the scenery
hopefully its nothing important have to get it to the garge its still drivable though

Eddd on here owned both cars though and said stock vs stock (ok Williams has to run different compound than the one it was originally desinged around but both cars would have the same compound) they could both do an 8.45 on the ring.
Martins car isn't that much modified its just a very good engine its just balenced remaped with an exhaust realy. It would beat any similarly modified Mk2 I'd say down the 1/4 mile.
See you on the 5th though.
Interestingly the 172 didn't win car of the year (Trpoy di though) the Williams got 6th place in Evo car of the decade award but they used other factors in the picking also they use the back roads where IMO a good Williams will possibly be quicker or more interesting to drive than a 182.
Don't get me wrong though the 182 maybe quicker stock vs stock on track but surly there other things more important than just speed and that doesn't mean to say that the William is more fun etc maybe we all need to look at the other side to see what were missing/gaining.
One thing cannot be disputed the Mk1's got a far better heater though.

richy said:
sorry but thats a sh*t comment

How is personal opinion a s**t comment? i wasnt quoting incorrect specs i was stating an opinion which is subjective and therefore neither wright or wrong. If you said curry is disgusting and i disagree it doesnt mean its a s**t comment on your part, merely that we have differing tastes and opinions. I've driven plenty of cars over the years, some of which i like and others i hated and some in between but i'd never be ignorant enough to suggest that everyone would or should agree with my own personal opinion on each and every one of them
:rolleyes:

Loony said:
How is personal opinion a sh*t comment? i wasnt quoting incorrect specs i was stating an opinion which is subjective and therefore neither wright or wrong. If you said curry is disgusting and i disagree it doesnt mean its a sh*t comment on your part, merely that we have differing tastes and opinions. I've driven plenty of cars over the years, some of which i like and others i hated and some in between but i'd never be ignorant enough to suggest that everyone would or should agree with my own personal opinion on each and every one of them
:rolleyes:

think his point was more to hi light the fact that have you driven a focus RS

if not shut it as your opinion counts for s**t,

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
EVOgone said:

i have a mark 1 and i was not getting arsey with my comments, i do not know much about cars in all the technical stuff but from general knowledge i would say the 182 would be quicker, although when out driving with the renaultsports club the 182's and 172's were struggling to keep with me through the twisties..but really pulled on the straights

at the end of the day as i have said before this is full of little gripes between the 2 ranks...although you can only read a voice on here..the way its typed seems to be getting at others..

why can't people say there opinions without getting at others

soon this club will go to the sh*t because of the people slagging of eachother..which will be a great shame....

we are all (ment to be) mature enthusiasts...lets try and act like it instead of men who are jealous because the other has a bigger penis...

ralph wiggum said:
think his point was more to hi light the fact that have you driven a focus RS

if not shut it as your opinion counts for sh*t,

sorry yes i did mean have you actually driven one, not just read about them etc (to loony not ralph wiggum)

Last edited:
  CLIO WILLIAMS #0215
ello girls! i recognise a few names posting on here! lol the bait was laid superbly i see! lol ;0)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
My comment was just a simple std vs std the 182 is quicker than the Williams......Why all the

Never said which gets more looks, which is more fun to drive, which is best in the polls , which would you rather own, which is best etc....

I owned a Willams back when they were new over 10 years ago, it was a great car to drive and great fun. The missus has a 172 cup and i would say that this is a better car but its definately the faster of the two.

Willy owners always get uptight.....

williams and trophy
lmao at this thread.

the only quick mk2 clios are the rsported cups......end of

iv seen maybe 1 or 2 other 172s in the 14s at the strip, hardly any. loadsa willies, mk1 hybrids are there. and have been for years

as for which is quickest.....well my underpowered williams....std btm end, std cams, and a lowly 1800 valver head, again std, but with a chip, mapped to run cams etc, will still be showin a lot of u 172/182 guys what a williams looks like from behind.......just ask chris. his is one of the quickest cups iv seen, running nearly same mods, his more modded than mine, same driver ability, and i was maybe carrying more weight ..................according to most ppl on here, the result shud b me gettin wasted...........lol.....ask him

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
2 live said:
lmao at this thread.

the only quick mk2 clios are the rsported cups......end of

iv seen maybe 1 or 2 other 172s in the 14s at the strip, hardly any. loadsa willies, mk1 hybrids are there. and have been for years

as for which is quickest.....well my underpowered williams....std btm end, std cams, and a lowly 1800 valver head, again std, but with a chip, mapped to run cams etc, will still be showin a lot of u 172/182 guys what a williams looks like from behind.......just ask chris. his is one of the quickest cups iv seen, running nearly same mods, his more modded than mine, same driver ability, and i was maybe carrying more weight ..................according to most ppl on here, the result shud b me gettin wasted...........lol.....ask him

As said your car isnt std so pointless post.....Find a std williams and make the comparison (if there is one)

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
The only mk2 which has beaten mine in a straight drag race is Markcups cup.
Theres nowt in it between a quick standard Willy and a straight 182.
I can prob do a test at the next airfield day,buts its a pointless exercise!

RenaultSport clio 182
I think the 182 standard exhaust sounds ok, yeah its not that loud but as a standard exhaust its not bad

MINI JCW
EVOgone said:
Totally agree....FRS is far better than the clio. But it should be its lot more expensive.

Agree the FRS is a fantastic car, but as you say it should be they cost 7k more and they cost even more than that to produce