ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams vs 182

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ben_p said:
thats because EX OLD EVO drivers could never make a wrong decision like loosing the best car in the world,

LOL - got stolen got paid 20k... whos the loser.....

All over a true statement

std vs std the 182 is quicker than a williams.....

1/4miling involves minimal talent. Go the Ring and show you skills............

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
adtmits said:
The engine is standard.

Well when it goes the strip see if it beats Chris n Niks 14.1@99....

Anyways, personally i dont care if it did...but im sure it wont.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ben_p said:
lol, he would loose against me, anyone who has been the meets knows my car is very fast stock rs

Ben Schumacher.............Who cares if you cars fast or not...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
EVOgone said:
Well when it goes the strip see if it beats Chris n Niks 14.1@99....

Anyways, personally i dont care if it did...but im sure it wont.
mmm thats not standard though is it?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
EVOgone said:
LOL - got stolen got paid 20k... whos the loser.....

All over a true statement

std vs std the 182 is quicker than a williams.....

1/4miling involves minimal talent. Go the Ring and show you skills............
a move in the right direction with ur cup then.....i wonder what u would say about the cup if u had a cupra or summet,

ahhhh french s**t them things, id never have one lolllololololollol

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ben_p said:
a move in the right direction with ur cup then.....i wonder what u would say about the cup if u had a cupra or summet,

ahhhh french sh*t them things, id never have one lolllololololollol

Not at all just speaking the truth. I love the cup (its the second car in the family) I have a boring S-Line Audi.

I have never slagged of the Williams (i used to own one) i just commented it wasnt as fast as a 182. Then hey presto everyone goes nuts....

Punto/Clio GTT
saw the topic name and then saw the amount of pages. not read any of it but im guessing lot of people talking mucho bullshit?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Final_Maxim said:
saw the topic name and then saw the amount of pages. not read any of it but im guessing lot of people talking mucho bullsh*t?

Yup Ben and the Willaims peeps just want to challenge you to races so to show all the 182's a clean pair of heals.....and that the Williams is the faster car.

Sad that people react in this way....

williams and trophy
ben_p said:
mmm thats not standard though is it?

no mate it isnt.....its got more mods than mine at the mo...being a std engine with chip....lol

edde.......evo may be quicker round the ring than u..but lets be honest....the willy u have seriously underperforms for the mods...

evo...u say this that n the other, ppl will disagree....only real way to settle this is to get the cars together on track, or strip.

so far all the 172s and 182s iv come up against iv wasted..except chris n nics cup, which has had the rsport in for as long as i can remember, so is NOT standard either. 14.6 1/4 miles in std trim, well de-cat n zorst for the willy..any 172s or cups round about that time?? i know of a couple, but thats all, whereas the mk1 2.0s....theres quite a lot around that mark.....now which seems faster?? all were doing is askin u to prove ur theory......to which ur answer is.....oh.im goin the states that weekend.

liek i say ...theres gunna be plenty other times for u to prove the mk1 2.0 ppl and evryone else wrong..and prove that ur car is quicker, ,and the other 182s

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
2 live said:
no mate it isnt.....its got more mods than mine at the mo...being a std engine with chip....lol

edde.......evo may be quicker round the ring than u..but lets be honest....the willy u have seriously underperforms for the mods...

evo...u say this that n the other, ppl will disagree....only real way to settle this is to get the cars together on track, or strip.

so far all the 172s and 182s iv come up against iv wasted..except chris n nics cup, which has had the rsport in for as long as i can remember, so is NOT standard either. 14.6 1/4 miles in std trim, well de-cat n zorst for the willy..any 172s or cups round about that time?? i know of a couple, but thats all, whereas the mk1 2.0s....theres quite a lot around that mark.....now which seems faster?? all were doing is askin u to prove ur theory......to which ur answer is.....oh.im goin the states that weekend.

liek i say ...theres gunna be plenty other times for u to prove the mk1 2.0 ppl and evryone else wrong..and prove that ur car is quicker, ,and the other 182s

Again you have missed the point of the thread and only statement i have mande. a std 182 is a quicker car than the Williams.

Thats all i have said, never mentioned anything to do with my car. They only way you will prove it it to give the Stig a Williams and see if he can beat the 182 time. Regards to my car and me i just enjoy driving it not boasting i will beat you round the track like ben and co....

Get over it guys...

From BA Exec lounge Manchester....

LY 200
^^^Why's that then!?

Cause the mk2 sport boys wont take the fact that its older brother is very close to the mk2's in performance!?

I wouldnt take anything away from either car, iv had a few battle's a while back with a mk2 172 in my barely modded 2.0 16v and there wasnt anything in it from rolling!!!

Im not biased, im actuallu trying to sell mine atm in order to get a mk2 172 but its not for a performance upgrade thats for sure!!!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Dash said:
Clear this up a bit for me please.

You were on dual carriageways yet he was c**king his wheels up around corners?

So who got to 70 the quickest?

he didn't say that he was three wheeling on the D/C. Also you don't need to be going fast to get it on 3 wheels, i've had mine up there doing about 30!

Nissan 350Z
JayR said:
^^^Why's that then!?

Cause the mk2 sport boys wont take the fact that its older brother is very close to the mk2's in performance!?

Did I say it wasnt?

The reason is because it reaks of "my dads bigger than yours".

Who actually cares? Not me. I enjoy driving my car, you enjoy driving yours, and we're all happy. Why do people feel the need to go on arguing about petty things like this I'll never know.

The thread was about (presumably) a standard Williams Clio versus a standard Clio 182. The latter is faster, FACT. However, as an ex mk2 Golf owner, I'm prepared to admit that the Williams may very well handle better (as a lot of older sorted hot hatches generally were versus newer ones).

Just dont try and drag me into your silly b**ch fight, because thats all I'm saying on the subject. Some of you guys really need to chill out.

SC 172 FF
never put my willy up against a 182 but have against two p2 172s, i was 3 up plus a sub and amp in boot and only mod my car has is a de-cat, not sure on the two 172s. the williams seemed quicker on the bends but on the straights it seemed 2 be even, the one 172 cdnt pull anythin on me while the other 172 pulld around a cars length but it tuk him up to 120mph to do this, so id say the 182 will be slightly quicker than the williams not much at all though.

y do people feel the need 2 make stupid and imature comments?....this is a car forum, were all here 2 discuss our cars, so its not surprisin that a "williams Vs 182 thread" has poped up, lets keep it clean and if your gona post make it a valid point relating 2 the original post and stop swingin ur handbangs at eachova!

Nissan 350Z
2 live said:
so its a FACT that the 182 is the quicker car????? lmfao

prove it.

Pretty much every magazine who has done a road test on both has already proved it. I don't need to prove anything thanks, because I couldnt really care less.

Nissan 350Z
I've got to say, I'm quite astonished at how impossible it is to have a civilised debate on this forum!

So a newer more modern car is faster. So what? I didnt say anywhere the other car was slow (far from it in fact), or that it was crap.

I dont know why the fact that newer cars invariably are faster than their older siblings is so hard for some people to accept!

And yes, I know theres not much difference, FFS! :rolleyes:

Edited out last comment.

Out of the box, the 172 Cup is a quicker car than the Williams in my experience.

Williams Boys - get down to the RenaultSport days this year... show how competant the cars are...

/y0z

williams and trophy
arent they for renault sport.i.e new cars only??

lol

new cars faster than their older siblings.......ffs....tell the golf boys that lmao.even the diesels are now faster than the gtis. mk2/3 gti golf vs mk woteva they on now lol.....old wud rape it

MINI JCW
2 live said:
arent they for renault sport.i.e new cars only??

lol

new cars faster than their older siblings.......ffs....tell the golf boys that lmao.even the diesels are now faster than the gtis. mk2/3 gti golf vs mk woteva they on now lol.....old wud rape it

the new golf GTI is the fastest Golf GTi ever, I read an article in autocar a few years ago for the golfs anniversary and each GTI version (latest to earliest) was quicker round the track on the same day, so the MK4 was the fastest, followed by the MK3, Mk2 and Mk1

As for the 182 and Williams, you would expect the a std 182 to be faster than a std Williams becuase it has a higher power to weight ratio but not much in it

Clio 172 mk2
iLL_MoVeS said:
never put my willy up against a 182 but have against two p2 172s, i was 3 up plus a sub and amp in boot and only mod my car has is a de-cat, not sure on the two 172s. the williams seemed quicker on the bends but on the straights it seemed 2 be even, the one 172 cdnt pull anythin on me while the other 172 pulld around a cars length but it tuk him up to 120mph to do this, so id say the 182 will be slightly quicker than the williams not much at all though.

y do people feel the need 2 make stupid and imature comments?....this is a car forum, were all here 2 discuss our cars, so its not surprisin that a "williams Vs 182 thread" has poped up, lets keep it clean and if your gona post make it a valid point relating 2 the original post and stop swingin ur handbangs at eachova!

Yep, bound to come up but who really is bothered?

Nissan 350Z
2 live said:

No.

The current GTI as gazcaddy says is the fastest on yet. It would destroy any standard mk 1 or mk 2.

And contrary to popular belief the mk4 GT TDI was not quicker than the petrol one either. Yes they post better ingear times, but they are NOT faster overall.

williams and trophy
hmm.......so why i have more trouble when racin the older golfs than the newer ones??

even my vw loving mates have gone back to the mk3-4 vr6s cos the new gti s werent up to standard.........even with a turbo

their words....lol..

altho 1 has now moved onto beemers.

but gettin back to the main point........i think a few 182 owners are going to be very disappointed with the results of the pod day.

i read an article once where the xr3i was the dogs bollox.....does this mean its true?? lmao

Clio 172 mk2
2 live said:
hmm.......so why i have more trouble when racin the older golfs than the newer ones??

even my vw loving mates have gone back to the mk3-4 vr6s cos the new gti s werent up to standard.........even with a turbo

their words....lol..

altho 1 has now moved onto beemers.

but gettin back to the main point........i think a few 182 owners are going to be very disappointed with the results of the pod day.

i read an article once where the xr3i was the dogs bollox.....does this mean its true?? lmao

Probably was the dogs danglies.....in it's day

Nissan 350Z
Well the car I had before the 182 was a Mk2 GTI, and while it handled brilliantly and was definitely lots of fun to drive, it had problems beating even average 2.0-litre family hatchbacks (and I'm not talking 200 bhp ones eitherr!).

A 16v Mk2 is roughly equivalent to a Mk 4 TDI PD130 in terms of outright pace.

williams and trophy
Neil G said:
Probably was the dogs danglies.....in it's day

lmao.......bollox

we had an allegro that used to piss all over em.......i kid u not.

was fukkin standard too...altho it was quite a rare one.

1750 cc twin sus..recaros etc etc ......allegro equipe....made a lot of yuppies look fukkin stupid in the early 90s

Ad

MK2 FRS
ben_p said:
2 live can i join the mrk1 club as i have a mrk1 172, witch kills 182's too?

No you cant..... got to make to the end of the qtr mile without firing spark plugs for it to count haha

you goin pod next sunday lad??