ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams vs 182

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
gazcaddy said:
Agree the FRS is a fantastic car, but as you say it should be they cost 7k more and they cost even more than that to produce

Very true i drove No7 car to the work then to Manchester airport. We bought it and many other cars to do some PR stuff in the US for turbocharged cars. Was really impressed with it then and still am today..

Cheep insurance and a very good car. 500quid chip and 260/270hp and look the dogs bollox.

MINI JCW
Cant understand what the arguements are about, in general a std 182 is quicker than a std Williams

Bear in mind that the Williams will have loads of miles on them where as the 182's engine will still be tight

MINI JCW
EVOgone said:
Very true i drove No7 car to the work then to Manchester airport. We bought it and many other cars to do some PR stuff in the US for turbocharged cars. Was really impressed with it then and still am today..

Cheep insurance and a very good car. 500quid chip and 260/270hp and look the dogs bollox.

I was seriously considering getting one as you can pick one up for 16k with about 10k on the clock and the insurance was £10 cheaper than the 182, also considered getting an S3, you drove one of those?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8
EVOgone said:

I wish it was that easy, the main problem on the FRS is the crap exhaust manifold, for decent power either a DFord Racing or miltek version is required. A bluefinn will in fairness only see 250 at very best with the std manifold, for 270 your takin manifold, AF an Bluefinn. then its a case of what turbo you want till to 400bhp, after that its a full internal overhaul. But yes they do look the b****cks. http://freespace.virgin.net/steve.bower1/PC'd1smll.jpg
Anyway back to which clio is best!! LOL

Last edited:
f**k me!

7 pages over a modified Williams vs a standard production 182...

Best post I've seen in this thread:

Williams025 said:
Why dont you lot just line up and see who can piss the furthest?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Can i just ask.
Does anyone own a standard williams.Standard gearbox not a diesel one.Standard airbox exhaust and everything so we could maybe see whats what...?

ian

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Love the Williams and wouldn't bet against one driven well on certain tracks.

As for the FRS, great cars and better in a lot of ways to the 182 but:
Fifth-gear-shootout-board.gif

My mate's & mine. He wont come to airfield day as being beaten by a Clio he would never live down. ;)
Clio-and-RS.gif

MINI JCW
Yes but round topgear

Focus RS 1.32.2
Clio 182 1.33.8

Not much in it though and its impressive that the clio is to close to more expensive machinery

ian 182 said:
Can i just ask.
Does anyone own a standard williams.Standard gearbox not a diesel one.Standard airbox exhaust and everything so we could maybe see whats what...?

ian

Mine is completely and utterly standard (bar the stereo but, I have the original boxed up and ready to put in should I ever sell it to a purist!) - no mods whatsoever and it is cartainly as quick off the line as a 172 full fat, and having driven both feels the more responsive of the two. Not driven a 182 or (either) cup though. Would love to try the Trophy.

In fact, my williams is still on most of its original parts, bar brake pads and cam belt and feels and looks like its brand new. Thats half the appeal of the thing, its almost 12 years old and is completely mint. Took me 3 years to find it though.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
Williams025 said:
Mine is completely and utterly standard (bar the stereo but, I have the original boxed up and ready to put in should I ever sell it to a purist!) - no mods whatsoever and it is cartainly as quick off the line as a 172 full fat, and having driven both feels the more responsive of the two. Not driven a 182 or (either) cup though. Would love to try the Trophy.

In fact, my williams is still on most of its original parts, bar brake pads and cam belt and feels and looks like its brand new. Thats half the appeal of the thing, its almost 12 years old and is completely mint. Took me 3 years to find it though.

Nice to see you joined the " Who can piss furthest line " ;-)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
EVOgone said:
Frankly how would you know....Edde knows the answer to that one.

Plus his is striped / Modded so you shouldn't compare the two.......Edde you know the score.
i know coz ur car is a "cup" we are in our world not your 400 bhp fastest clio ever world

Funkyjahooner said:
Nice to see you joined the " Who can piss furthest line " ;-)

Hey, I dont piss in public! I was saying that I'd like to drive the 182 etc as the 172 was pretty much the same as the Williams in terms of performance... Trying to add a balanced view as all the Willy talk was of modified ones!

williams and trophy
EVOgone said:
As said your car isnt std so pointless post.....Find a std williams and make the comparison (if there is one)

no mine isnt standard........but neither was the cup. we both have same mods, only his is on a full stregnth engine, whereas mine is on an engine which is down on power due to the wrong head on it.

std vs std. we used to be about same, mod vs mod iv crept past him....

u want a std williams?? will take me 30 mins to put mine back to std, well less power than std due to head, but im fairly convinced, even then id still be level pegging, if not ahead of the 182

u really are clueless arent u??

Astra VXR 17/05/07
Williams025 said:
Hey, I dont piss in public! I was saying that I'd like to drive the 182 etc as the 172 was pretty much the same as the Williams in terms of performance... Trying to add a balanced view as all the Willy talk was of modified ones!

A modified Willy sounds bloody painful !!!

If i did have a Willy, i`d leave it as it was meant to be :)

It`s a personal thing i guess but i love standard cars and fully intend to keep my 182 standard. As for the Willy v 182 debate, both great cars and a waste of oxygen trying to argue one is better than the other. I`d be proud to own either.

2 live said:
no mine isnt standard........but neither was the cup. we both have same mods, only his is on a full stregnth engine, whereas mine is on an engine which is down on power due to the wrong head on it.

std vs std. we used to be about same, mod vs mod iv crept past him....

u want a std williams?? will take me 30 mins to put mine back to std, well less power than std due to head, but im fairly convinced, even then id still be level pegging, if not ahead of the 182

u really are clueless arent u??

looks like someone's bored ;) pmsl

wouldn't waste your time here mate, people that 'used' to own Evo's cant be reasoned with, because they are always right.

When Evo drivers have sex with a man, it is not because they are gay, but
because they have run out of women.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
where did u get that 0-100 time for the williams to be 20secs from? thats a bit far fetched. the cars are similar but im not sure a 182 would be quicker round a track tbh. the standard handaling 182's ive been in have left alot to be desired they dont feel as sturdy and planted as a williams, i think the 'average' driver would be able to drive a williams much quicker through the twisties.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
TheJesus said:
looks like someone's bored ;) pmsl

wouldn't waste your time here mate, people that 'used' to own Evo's cant be reasoned with, because they are always right.

When Evo drivers have sex with a man, it is not because they are gay, but
because they have run out of women.

Spam YAWN

williams and trophy
im sure there will be plenty other oppertunities for evogone to show us the error of our ways in choosing a williams over a 182, or woteva it is that he drives.

tracks, strips, roads..........wherever, youl still only be seeing the williams from behind

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
2 live said:
im sure there will be plenty other oppertunities for evogone to show us the error of our ways in choosing a williams over a 182, or woteva it is that he drives.

tracks, strips, roads..........wherever, youl still only be seeing the williams from behind

LOL

I thought Chris'N'nics Cup had a 14.1@99 with just chip and exhaust....

Any williams done that with those mods.....

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
^^^ about time something like that did happen, EVO always seems to be telling everyone as if he knows best, well maybe he should prove it!

also....a clio vs rs? i wouldnt set it off like that...id say clio vs fessa, megan 225 vs rs....scenic vs galaxy and so on....

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol, he would loose against me, anyone who has been the meets knows my car is very fast stock rs

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
The Fatty said:
^^^ about time something like that did happen, EVO always seems to be telling everyone as if he knows best, well maybe he should prove it!

also....a clio vs rs? i wouldnt set it off like that...id say clio vs fessa, megan 225 vs rs....scenic vs galaxy and so on....
thats because EX OLD EVO drivers could never make a wrong decision like loosing the best car in the world,

Last edited:
ben_p said:
lol, he would loose against me, anyone who has been the meets knows my car is very fast stock rs
Only because your cars has the perfect 4k launch control. ;-)

Its not all about the 1/4 mile though.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol edde, thats fixed ! , not all about the 1/4 . cup looks good and handles well, but i have coils now and a strong engine lol

Ad

MK2 FRS
I'll vouch that ben's is one quick example of a standard RS. One of the benefits of wringing a cars neck from day1.

Didnt know you got coilies bud, are they on.... or is above a 'preview' hahaha

Tesla MP3 2021
^^na we nicked the springs out of his mums bed and shoved them on...
god its low....:)

Last edited:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol, just emptied my purse today. wanted the konigs but ended up get normal fks. its gettin low!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Uncleiven said:
^^na we nicked the prings out of his mums bed and shoved them on...
god its low....:)

haha sounds about rite for ben's mechanical skils and making do....

Will be interesting to have a drive on the FKs

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ben_p said:
lol edde, thats fixed ! , not all about the 1/4 . cup looks good and handles well, but i have coils now and a strong engine lol

So not std then.....