ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup track toy build

172, BMW 650i & X5
For what it's worth mark I blanked thr steering box ports and put an incision in my rubber piped loop to release pressure build up.
Engine in and started tonight. Little rattle cold though, will post vid to forum to see what members think

For what it's worth mark I blanked thr steering box ports and put an incision in my rubber piped loop to release pressure build up.
Engine in and started tonight. Little rattle cold though, will post vid to forum to see what members think

ooh 😧 fingers crossed for an easy fix, hopefully just injector releated, does sound a bit more metallic though

Another job I've been meaning to do for ages, tired of breaking push rivets I put a couple of Dzus fasteners to make the bumper quick and easy to pull off
6D8A54B0-6D11-47AE-ABA0-5FE0BCFAFA04_zpscw0lot62.jpg

0655E5DD-EBCF-450A-9E26-6E561D65DA28_zpsygb9cq0z.jpg

A1C5173F-76C9-4615-ABF0-347A566BC880_zpsursjgj7p.gif

Clio sport 172
What's the lengths of ur oil cooler pipes or roughly going tomarrow to get some hoses made up. Dnt want the oil getting to Hot

Clio sport 172
Don't know what length they are, if you can wait until tomorrow afternoon I'll measure them for you :smile:

If u can that would be great. Need to get a few miles racked up on this engine make sure everything beds in nicely for its hurting lol

Not much to update, not tracking it at the moment as money is needed elsewhere, Clio will be sold later in the year but hopefully get a few days out before then.

AR1s which probably won't make it onto the car lol
1CEABCF6-7F29-4F65-BEE9-7CCCE379036C_zpskwwqyxox.jpg

The last tack day resulted in this........
F6E57B9A-7B86-43B9-BDCD-3F04ED1038AA_zpshu8aelx7.jpg

EDA17DC9-3853-4B6A-94E7-386CE3C6213F_zpskdbnroba.jpg

B7E439AC-45A7-4C7B-A3E3-F0B74B309B85_zpsd3lguwav.jpg

Brand new discs and ds1.11 pads wrecked in 5 sessions, so disappointed and no help with the aftermath, £250 worth of brakes fucked in one day 😧 Even worse is my lovely white 1.2s are destroyed, the dust from that day has somehow eaten into them, they're dull and pitted ffs

.......then decided to go back to basics, new discs, backward step to RC5+ pads which I'm finding really good (on the road anyway) new TRW carriers off amazon and genuine calipers off here with 500 road miles done on them, to make sure I won't have issues again, maybe, hopefully, possibly......
CCDB995B-790F-48E6-A54F-1673FABFD177_zpsdtzsgam1.jpg

DD54ECA6-FE56-46EF-8018-A64C6FA22C9A_zpsajq5pd45.jpg

I'll hopefully give it some abuse in August :smile:
Still hate epas! yuck

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
No Mark you can't sell!
Got knows how those tyres have an E wet grip rating, they're like slicks!

Clio sport 172
Not much to update, not tracking it at the moment as money is needed elsewhere, Clio will be sold later in the year but hopefully get a few days out before then.

AR1s which probably won't make it onto the car lol
1CEABCF6-7F29-4F65-BEE9-7CCCE379036C_zpskwwqyxox.jpg

The last tack day resulted in this........
F6E57B9A-7B86-43B9-BDCD-3F04ED1038AA_zpshu8aelx7.jpg

EDA17DC9-3853-4B6A-94E7-386CE3C6213F_zpskdbnroba.jpg

B7E439AC-45A7-4C7B-A3E3-F0B74B309B85_zpsd3lguwav.jpg

Brand new discs and ds1.11 pads wrecked in 5 sessions, so disappointed and no help with the aftermath, £250 worth of brakes fucked in one day 😧 Even worse is my lovely white 1.2s are destroyed, the dust from that day has somehow eaten into them, they're dull and pitted ffs

.......then decided to go back to basics, new discs, backward step to RC5+ pads which I'm finding really good (on the road anyway) new TRW carriers off amazon and genuine calipers off here with 500 road miles done on them, to make sure I won't have issues again, maybe, hopefully, possibly......
CCDB995B-790F-48E6-A54F-1673FABFD177_zpsdtzsgam1.jpg

DD54ECA6-FE56-46EF-8018-A64C6FA22C9A_zpsajq5pd45.jpg

I'll hopefully give it some abuse in August :smile:
Still hate epas! yuck
Those tyres are class looking was looking a set myself but can't get them in my size. Hopefully I'll be out in August aswell

Were you thinking of selling this mark?

Yes still am, it'll be stripped though, I think it's the only way I can get half decent money back out of it, in no hurry at the moment, X is broken again and I don't have the urge to fix it until I do a couple more track days, then I need to clear some metal from my driveway and maybe have a life again lol That said, I've a new Transit Connect lwb coming in two weeks and I've been looking at wheels for it, I'm very ill indeed :fearscream:

Rusty fastest lap from yesterday

Last edited:
  172, BMW 650i & X5
Not at all, every time i have to strip something I find something new to cut away!
Won't get a chance to get to Clio for another couple of weeks as Brads Autograss car has to be finished for next Sat (10th Sept) for his 1st race.
Was thinking of a 129 box but to be honest, i'll be happy enough if she runs as is. Was going well enough, for now anyhow.
Cheap fix hopefully and look at it more in depth over winter.
Couldn't believe the change of cars on track even from this time last year. Fewer recognizable faces

Not at all, every time i have to strip something I find something new to cut away!
Won't get a chance to get to Clio for another couple of weeks as Brads Autograss car has to be finished for next Sat (10th Sept) for his 1st race.
Was thinking of a 129 box but to be honest, i'll be happy enough if she runs as is. Was going well enough, for now anyhow.
Cheap fix hopefully and look at it more in depth over winter.
Couldn't believe the change of cars on track even from this time last year. Fewer recognizable faces

isn't the only difference between the boxes 5th gear? I though 1st to 4th were the same? Yours has made a huge step with the extra weight gone and slicks, you'll eat me through the corners now :)
I've noticed so many new cars/faces at the last couple I've been too, pretty good driving standards last weekend though :up:
All the best with Autograss :stig:

Clio 172
Saw you went for the CL RC5+ On the front, I'm running the CL RC6 on the front and RC5+ on the rear.

Are you running standard rear pads?
Car looks awesome btw :)

Saw you went for the CL RC5+ On the front, I'm running the CL RC6 on the front and RC5+ on the rear.

Are you running standard rear pads?
Car looks awesome btw :smile:

yes, Standard pads on the rear, not really sure there's any point in anything fancy tbh but open to suggestions! I've run DS1.11 on the front before and they were awesome, recently been swapping between some cheap mintex and the RC5+ which are ok, but didn't give me any real confidence on the brakes at the end of the back straight lol, they didn't fade but didn't bite like I'm used to :grimacing:

172, BMW 650i & X5
isn't the only difference between the boxes 5th gear? I though 1st to 4th were the same? Yours has made a huge step with the extra weight gone and slicks, you'll eat me through the corners now :smile:
I've noticed so many new cars/faces at the last couple I've been too, pretty good driving standards last weekend though :up:
All the best with Autograss :stig:
I'll have to have a look into it, maybe flash it up on the forum for advice.
Have to admit, building the Autograss car to extremely strict (because of junior racing) rules makes the Clio a more attractive proposition.
If it turns out to be clutch only i'll probably uprate, the slicks would have no doubt taken their toll on it.
Only a shame I didn't get more driving time. Reckon there's another 15kg to be lost through battery and possibly even fuel tank. Fitted a complete stand alone system on Brads car as per rules (piece of piss). The weight of the plastic Micra tank was a lot heavier than expected!!!
Worth a winter thought anyhow...

172 cup, Impreza P1
That looks nasty, hope you awere ok!
What suspension and tyre setup were you running? Did you hit a Kerb or cut the corner before the corner?
Shows you how easy it can happen.