ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172cup, poverty spec was least of his worries!

Hope the fella doesnt mind me posting this off renaultsport.co.uk forum. Probably a pearoast anyway....

davedickheadyc4.jpg

Yikes! Only had it a couple of days...

Thread here:

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28837

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Christ that lad in the white t-shirt must have two sets of knee caps hes fookin massive.

Post edited. Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Could have been very nasty had it gone in with him inside it! Although 99% Plastic I doubt very much it would have floted LOL

1998 BMW e46 323i
Just out of interest, what's the ratio of cups to ff's being written off. Just makes me wonder,.. Seem to see a lot of cups in trouble. Can people not cadence brake?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just out of interest, what's the ratio of cups to ff's being written off. Just makes me wonder,.. Seem to see a lot of cups in trouble. Can people not cadence brake?
Cadence is great in theory, but how often do people get to practice it? If cadence was that easy, ABS wouldn't have been invented.

VaVa
Cadence is great in theory, but how often do people get to practice it? If cadence was that easy, ABS wouldn't have been invented.

Exactly. Oh and Cups are more to insure than FF's.... simply because of the proportion of total loss claims. The winter cull of Cups is the stuff of legend lol

Nimbus Megane R26
lmfao thats right by my house..for anyone local in warrington its near the pub called "the ferry" where all the boats are kept

M2 Competition

No idea, but i know trying to find spares for cups at salvage yards is difficult, much harder to come by than normal 172's.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
damn, renault took all the essentials out to make the poverty 172.. climate, leather, headwrests... even handbrakes lol

lol, supprised this wasnt a repost. That must be a first for me..

I recon he was caining it, pulled up, put the handbrake on when the discs were hot, discs cooled down and the clio nearly ended up getting a bath.

Leaving the car in gear ftw.

172 Cup (Iceberg)
Was he in the car or was it parked up? Would it be possible that if it was a FF, with all the extra weight then the momentum of more weight moving forward could have plunged it into the drink??

Ha.

Nimbus Megane R26
he couldnt have been goin fast because just behind where the pic is taken is another bridge he woulda had to go over and the road is really narrow..

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i knew cups were lighter but a freak gust of wind shouldnt pick one up like that lol. cup anchors now on sale...........lol