ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 182
I was going to change the bumper to the 172 one to hide the tips but maybe I won't.

I think I will keep the car as is. If I manage to draw so much attention maybe it is worth it !!!

I can't be arsed to read all of it, they don't look great but i can see the logic, is there no way you can get a 197 style diffuser fitted to the rear bumper?

I don't like them.

I can understand where you're going with it, because I don't like the 182 exhausts either... however those new exhaust tips are still clearly sticking out from the bumper, just pointing down.

All you seem to have done is replace the stright tips with some bent ones.

E92 M3
scott you dont beat around the bush, when telling someone there car looks sh!t

and on that not fix your headlights :eek:

i love my headlights the only way i would get your healights if they had the black back grounds i think the grey looks s**t

Clio 182
I don't like them.

I can understand where you're going with it, because I don't like the 182 exhausts either... however those new exhaust tips are still clearly sticking out from the bumper, just pointing down.

All you seem to have done is replace the stright tips with some bent ones.

The tips now are completely level with the bumper, before they were sticking out about 5cm (if not more). That's why it will be possible to either close the holes or replace the bumper with the one from an 172. I could even remove the tips completely after I put the new bumper as they are only attached with a screw.

The tips now are completely level with the bumper, before they were sticking out about 5cm (if not more). That's why it will be possible to either close the holes or replace the bumper with the one from an 172. I could even remove the tips completely after I put the new bumper as they are only attached with a screw.

hmm... you would need the tips pointing down behind the bumper, otherwise the exhaust smoke/vapour would get caught behind the bumper.

Clio 182
hmm... you would need the tips pointing down behind the bumper, otherwise the exhaust smoke/vapour would get caught behind the bumper.

Thanks for the tip. I will leave the tips on pointing down(ish) then.
Will get a quote on Saturday for modifying the current bumper and I am already on the lookout for an 172 bumper in case that quote is too high.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How did I miss that! It needs the picture made into a fail image tbh!

Renaultsport 200
I was going to change the bumper to the 172 one to hide the tips but maybe I won't.

I think I will keep the car as is. If I manage to draw so much attention maybe it is worth it !!!

You are joking right? Your not going to keep it with those biblical fails hanging out of the back are you?

You have completely ruined your car if so.

I am begging, no I am demanding you put a proper exhaust on and make it look like its supposed to, or you hide those "things" hanging out at the back.

Im still not convinced this is a joke tbh, its to much of an epic fail to be true.

Clio 182
Why do people reply without reading all the posts .... Waste of time IMO

Alex_tull1: From 3 posts ago: "I will leave the tips on pointing down(ish) then."

mcpheel197: from same post "Will get a quote on Saturday for modifying the current bumper and I am already on the lookout for an 172 bumper in case that quote is too high."

It's ok though, helping take the page number to a double digit, let's see if we can have a triple one (100 pages anyone???) :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
"change isn't always a good thing"
Love warren's tho.

Renaultsport 200
"change isn't always a good thing"
Love warren's tho.

lol thats a good one. Fail pictures always need to contain the word "Fail" in them.

Id love to make a fail picture from one of the original pictures but im at work.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I love all the why didn't you get a 172 instead comments :) god forbid he might have preffered the way the 182 drove and wanted that colour and those wheels.

Thats like saying I paid 3 grand more for a 182 because I didn't like the 172 alloys, rather than just change them!

Get your new bumper on a post a new thread - I want to see!

Clio 182
I love all the why didn't you get a 172 instead comments :) god forbid he might have preffered the way the 182 drove and wanted that colour and those wheels.

Thats like saying I paid 3 grand more for a 182 because I didn't like the 172 alloys, rather than just change them!

Get your new bumper on a post a new thread - I want to see!

They are right you know. I should have got the 172 and change manifold, alloys, paint it, clock the miles down a few thousands and refurbish the interior to make it newer instead of buying the 182 and making the exhaust less visible.

Well, now I know for next time ...

Clio 182
A temporary solution until I replace the bumper:

bumpercarbonfiber.jpg

b/g 182, meg tourer
starting to look a bit better. those tips are/were hideous! what have you covered the cut-outs with?
just be carefull that the fumes dont melt/flake the bumper. those tips looked like they were aiming straight into it.

Clio 182
I covered the cut-outs with flame retardant aluminium tape (can withstand +100'C). Over that I used (temporarily) some carbon effect vinyl until I do this professionally or change the bumper.

Does not look great but it is not too bad either. Should be ok for a week or so.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
looks alot better than it did before, would get it sorted asap though, prob be cheaper to buy a 172 bumper, and then you could get most/all of your money back buy selling your current one!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Back again to ROFL, temporary solution looks alreet. Better than your system with Downs'

fad

Clio 182 FF
I covered the cut-outs with flame retardant aluminium tape (can withstand +100'C). Over that I used (temporarily) some carbon effect vinyl until I do this professionally or change the bumper.

Does not look great but it is not too bad either. Should be ok for a week or so.

Bag yourself a 172 rear so many of them being broken now will be the cheaper and less labour intensive solution

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Back again to ROFL, temporary solution looks alreet. Better than your system with Downs'
You drove around with a shopping list on your RB, ergo you are never allowed to criticise anyone but Lusty.

Clio 182
Bag yourself a 172 rear so many of them being broken now will be the cheaper and less labour intensive solution

Looking for one but on Ebay there are very few and not THAT cheap.

Any recommendations where I could get one from at a good price?

BTW I was quoted £200 to have mine sealed and painted which is not cheap at all!

Clio 182
Just finished patching it up. It will do fine for a while, even from close by it looks OK.

Now I need to find a cheap 172 bumper without any cracks or a friendly body repair shop to give me a good deal in fixing my current bumper. Anyone know anybody near Warwick or Coventry? ;)

bumpercarbon1.jpg

bumpercarbon2.jpg

bumpercarbon3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.