ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Announced for uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL 15kg!

So:

Cup 1021kg
Cup (CC) 1050kg
182 cup 1075kg
182 1090kg
Mk1 172 ??
Mk2 172 1110kg.

Erm, the price increase is probably in line with inflation over the previous cup price, anyone any idea on weight savings?

I might get one if they are a "discountable" as the 172 cup, if not, I will just get another 172 cup.

:)

/y0z

Martin172,

Thank you for your 2 posts. They are also spot on.

Dammit, they messed up completely. On one hand they still seriously struggle in getting the standard car twitched up - 182 is still shouting for improvements - job done only halfway!!!!! On the other hand they have commercialized a Clio Dynamique with 2L power. Marketing insanity!

In short time a Renault sport badge will be just an ordinary word on paper. You will just read RS instead of Dynamique or even Authentique.

I am afraid that their new Clio RS 200 bhp (2006) will be the same story.

dk

911 GTS Cab

it seems the cup spoiler, stripes and cd player are options too so when you add the cd player and cup spoiler on there isnt much difference in price to a 182, unless they are included in the price in the UK?

Tappd'd RS

15kg - Ive changed my mind, If I get any 182, it will be a 182 with cup options.

I had a acid battery in the back of the car last night that probably weighed about as much as theyve shed from the 182!

Did they mean to put drum rear brakes or is it a cut-and-paste error when they were copying the specs from the dynamique range????

R

rich[182]

renault sport brand is being undermined by all these variants released to the masses

they cant even be bothered to manufacture a new rear badge that has renaultsport as 1 word brand like whats on the front seats

instead you get same renault badge thats on all clio range and a sport badge just added underneath

before long youll have all the maxpower baseball capped teenage numpties owning an RS Clio and giving the RS Clio a proper boy racer image

Its not rocket science but car manufacturers seem to struggle when it comes to hot hatches. Renault manage atleast to keep on making good ones.

I agree with the Cup being far too closely matched to the std 182.

Doesnt make sense really - why not just have a base 182 with no luxuaries and make everything options instead of "two" models that are pretty much the same.

yeah, instead of losing all the standard kit I think Id rather just have a good sh1t just before Im going out, should even it up nicely.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 02 September 2004

So:

Cup 1021kg
Cup (CC) 1050kg
182 cup 1075kg
182 1090kg
Mk1 172 ??
Mk2 172 1110kg
The mk1 172 is 1035kg with the aluminium bonnet...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 02 September 2004

if not, I will just get another 172 cup.
You can still get new & unused pre-reg 172 Cups for £10,500 ;)

From main page:

Mark 1 172

1093 kgs (with alloy bonnet)
1100 kgs (without alloy bonnet)
These measurements were taken from a car with a full tank of fuel and do not include the driver

Let yozza lose on the new 182 and hell turn it into a cup worthy of the badge!

Yozzas 182 team cup thingy 895 kg;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 02 September 2004

From main page:

Mark 1 172

These measurements were taken from a car with a full tank of fuel and do not include the driver
Manufacturers quote kerb weights when the car is dry (no fuel) though...

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 02 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 02 September 2004

So:

Cup 1021kg
Cup (CC) 1050kg
182 cup 1075kg
182 1090kg
Mk1 172 ??
Mk2 172 1110kg
The mk1 172 is 1035kg with the aluminium bonnet...

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 02 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 02 September 2004

From main page:

Mark 1 172

Manufacturers quote kerb weights when the car is dry (no fuel) though...

172 Mark 2:

1120 kgs

So the Mark 2 172 only weighs 1062 kg "dry" then.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

God knows... I am going off what Renault quote, but they aint exactly trustworthy!

How did it only weigh 1110 kg with a full tank on the same day a mark 1 weighed 1100 kg with a full tank? If I remember correctly Tom did Renault not claim the mark 2 172 was like 1045 kg for years then said the Cup was 89 kg lighter than the 172 but weighed 1021 kg :confused:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

No, the mk2 was always 1110kg and the Cup 89kg lighter at 1021kg, but when the first info came out about the mk2 the actual kerb weight was unknown so they used the weight of the mk1 172 which is 1035kg.

Remember when the info for the 182 was first being circulated, the weights for that were unknown and the 1110kg of the mk2 was being used...

All valid points here but what im seeing is a car ripe for modification. This 182 cup has the power, the handling of the best 182 (and 172 from what people have said) currently available - all thats a bit sh*t is the interior. 900 odd quid saving can get buckets/steering wheel etc and still leave money left over for other stuff (trip to GDI anyone?).

Fair play, thats maybe not everyones thing (in which case, get an ordinary 182) but if it is, this is effectively a modifying bargain if youre starting from new. For this reason, id consider it more than a std 182 in the same way a Cup is more tempting than the 172...

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 05 September 2004

All valid points here but what im seeing is a car ripe for modification. This 182 cup has the power, the handling of the best 182 (and 172 from what people have said) currently available - all thats a bit sh*t is the interior. 900 odd quid saving can get buckets/steering wheel etc and still leave money left over for other stuff (trip to GDI anyone?).

Fair play, thats maybe not everyones thing (in which case, get an ordinary 182) but if it is, this is effectively a modifying bargain if youre starting from new. For this reason, id consider it more than a std 182 in the same way a Cup is more tempting than the 172...

If you are looking at this car and then looking to spend money on it then there is no point, buy the normal 182, this is aimed at people who cant afford the normal 182.

The £900 saving is not really alot when you take into account all the discounting anyway, so if you are going to change the seats and steering wheel, buy the normal 182 and you have a non-modified car which is then worth more than a modified car that cost nearly the same?

You could take either to GDI.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 05 September 2004

Yeah I know but the mark 1 weighs 1100 kg not 1035 kg :confused:
No... the mk2 weighs 1110kg and the mk1 weighs 1035kg according to Renault!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 05 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 05 September 2004

Yeah I know but the mark 1 weighs 1100 kg not 1035 kg :confused:
No... the mk2 weighs 1110kg and the mk1 weighs 1035kg according to Renault!

Yeah but on a weight bridge a mark 1 is 1100 and a mark 2 is 1110. Ill trust an independent test over Renaults figures any day.

Lots of Alfas

So what would people want from a 182 cup? The seats in a 172/182 are dynamique seats but covered in alacantra and leather ther the same shape and all.

I agree with most of the comments especially about the wheels!

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 05 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 05 September 2004

If you are looking at this car and then looking to spend money on it then there is no point, buy the normal 182, this is aimed at people who cant afford the normal 182.

The £900 saving is not really alot when you take into account all the discounting anyway, so if you are going to change the seats and steering wheel, buy the normal 182 and you have a non-modified car which is then worth more than a modified car that cost nearly the same?

You could take either to GDI.
Discounting will be applied to both 182s (normal version or not) so bottom line, this new variant will always be the cheapest. In fact, given some of the feelings that are being made here that this cheap 182 is a little inferior (?), then you may actually save more than the 900 quid if public opinion becomes the same as dealers may have issues shifting them.

The point i was basically making was that if youre looking to modify a 182 (to a severe extent) then this is an ideal path as youre getting the same power/handling for cheaper, just not the bits youd probably be tearing out anyway. Certainly if i was going for a 182, id choose this as id junk the OE seats (from either variant) anyway - they just dont hold you in at all - and the steering wheel in favour of something better. I have to point out that having an unmodified car thats worth more than a modified one doesnt mean much to some people if its not to their liking.

Oh dear - what a missed opportunity :(

Having had a Cup previously - despite the sh1tty dealers - I would have seriously considered another one. But for me, this new "Cup" 182 just doesnt have the same appeal.

Renault - thanks...but no thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.