ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360bhp supercharged clio R27 inc vid!!

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ive seenn and been in this car, and my missus has been in it on track also and it is absolutely rapid! Looks stunning in the flesh to, love the flaps and that it's a little different :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So what would you expect is an issue with the car if there is one? I don't have a printout I only saw it on the screen, wasn't fussed about a hard copy as I saw it with my own eyes. Don't get me wrong I respect the knowledge of people that actually no what there on about. But most people are just jumping on a bandwagon. So I have deleted the vid as I'm not putting myself out there because its something I enjoy, so why should I?!

Good idea deleting the vid. In future if you want blinkered prais I'd stick to posting on 197.net as people tend to tell it like it is on here.

S2H

RS Clio 200
Nothing wrong with the jamsport rollers. Been using them for years. Allsorts of cars and read outs have been spot on. I know Jamie he wouldn't fudge the results.

Turbo LY R27
Could be something as simple as it didnt go full throttle properly for some reason, could be the speedo under reads, could be you were going up a hill or had a car full of mates, impossible to tell from the video, it just doesnt look as quick as I would expect with that power.

Still a lovely car either way mate :)

Could be, my scan cause tells me my throttle position reads no more than 87?! Never seen 100, is that right? Idles at 11ish? I was on my own but it was absolutely red hot outside, don't no if that will change it? On the road it is fast, standard 200's etc are no problem, so might be the speedo. Thanks tho chip :)

Yes it has a diff, handling is very well setup, was outdoing caterams at cadwell.

I'm not after blinkered praise as I said in my last comment.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Could be, my scan cause tells me my throttle position reads no more than 87?! Never seen 100, is that right? Idles at 11ish? I was on my own but it was absolutely red hot outside, don't no if that will change it? On the road it is fast, standard 200's etc are no problem, so might be the speedo. Thanks tho chip :)

Im not as familiar with the 197 as the 172/182, but on a 172/182 it is completely normal for the throttle percentage to read less than 100 even though it is at full throttle.

Yes being hot out could potentially make an absolutely massive difference to performance, my video I posted for comparison was at about 10 degrees outside temp, so a very unfair comparison if yours was at the moment when its 30 odd.

The scan guage is a nice touch, looks factory where you have put it :)

Yes it has a diff, handling is very well setup

Glad to hear it, too many people go for power and then stick with 1wd, more so with the 172 though as its dearer to get a diff for and a lower value car in the first place, at least with a 197 its only 20% of the cars value to put a diff in it not 100%, lol.

Albi Blue 197
Ive seenn and been in this car, and my missus has been in it on track also and it is absolutely rapid! Looks stunning in the flesh to, love the flaps and that it's a little different :)

Vomtastic around track ... felt awful for the rest of the day thanks to Mikes Supercharged beastie!

Fab car and extremely fast ... One day I will keep up ;)

Turbo LY R27
Im not as familiar with the 197 as the 172/182, but on a 172/182 it is completely normal for the throttle percentage to read less than 100 even though it is at full throttle.

Yes being hot out could potentially make an absolutely massive difference to performance, my video I posted for comparison was at about 10 degrees outside temp, so a very unfair comparison if yours was at the moment when its 30 odd.

The scan guage is a nice touch, looks factory where you have put it :)

Glad to hear it, too many people go for power and then stick with 1wd, more so with the 172 though as its dearer to get a diff for and a lower value car in the first place, at least with a 197 its only 20% of the cars value to put a diff in it not 100%, lol.

Maybe the 197's are the same then? It was baking when I did it, and still had a few map adjustments to make. It is a big car as well and after watching mso's 330 cup vid his doesnt spin up. It didnt look far off and his is really light. I no last year when it was running 260 the heat sapped my power, so it could be a huge factor now with this weather, my 182 feels lifeless at the minute. Really easy to wire in as it just goes into the OBD port, simples :)

The diff was done when it was forged as at 260 it needed it so I knew with 300+ it was defo needed. I really didnt want to compromise the handling, and from that perspective it is on rails. I've made sure of that at least lol! :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Maybe the 197's are the same then?

Seems reasonable, Ive often wondered if really it is throttle angle in degrees and its been lost in translation somehow to be a percentage, as that would make sense!

It was baking when I did it, and still had a few map adjustments to make. It is a big car as well and after watching mso's 330 cup vid his doesnt spin up. It didnt look far off and his is really light. I no last year when it was running 260 the heat sapped my power, so it could be a huge factor now with this weather,

Get another video when its cooler :)

Really easy to wire in as it just goes into the OBD port, simples :)
Yeah they are nice bits of kit, and it looks at home where you have it.

The diff was done when it was forged as at 260 it needed it so I knew with 300+ it was defo needed. I really didnt want to compromise the handling, and from that perspective it is on rails. I've made sure of that at least lol! :)

Even the standard car needs a diff on wet days or for really tight corners, boost without one is madness really, lol.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
we don't? but thats how i roll! lol!

feck diffing a chocolate JC5 series box though, it is the single biggest let down of the renault setup, i darent risk a diff for fear of splitting the box casing like Gaz did years back and munching a brand new diff :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
we don't? but thats how i roll! lol!

feck diffing a chocolate JC5 series box though, it is the single biggest let down of the renault setup, i darent risk a diff for fear of splitting the box casing like Gaz did years back and munching a brand new diff :(

I kind of agree with you that the JC5 is a fragile place to put a diff, but TBH my quaiffe has made such a difference that I just wouldnt have the car without a decent diff, would sooner spend thousands on a VAG conversion or similar, I like bends not just straight lines and that means in a powerful FWD car I really do need a diff, totally spoils the drive otherwise.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
thankfully i've never had the privelege of driving a properly powerful diffed FWD as yet, so i sort of dont know the difference and i think i'd rather keep it that way, and so would the missus/bank manager! lol!

Turbo LY R27
Seems reasonable, Ive often wondered if really it is throttle angle in degrees and its been lost in translation somehow to be a percentage, as that would make sense!

Get another video when its cooler :)

Yeah they are nice bits of kit, and it looks at home where you have it.

Even the standard car needs a diff on wet days or for really tight corners, boost without one is madness really, lol.

Yeah possibly mate :)

Lol maybe, or I can just take u out in it, you'd probably be able to gauge better if its at its potential or not :) I agree, the 182's are a bit more playful with out the diff and can get away with it to a point, but I've always thought with the mk3's being bigger it could benefit from it in standard form. With the diff it's unreal, I think if I didn't do it, it would ruin the car with this power, you'd have to constantly back off where as now because of the power delivery u can just put it down whenever u dare really! Diff, v3's, and 888's are and epic combo! Cadwell blew me away once I'd fettled with the setup afte a few sessions. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah the tendancy for FWD cars to get heavier is really increasing the need for a diff, hence they are becoming so much more common in standard cars now.

Lol @ Coops, its Pandora's box for sure!

saw this car around this time last year in a service as i headed back down south, followed him out the services and next thing i knew a cloud of smoke and a good old roar and he was well on his way, i suspect it was on the lower power back then as it looked around a 220bhp car but sounded lovely none the less

S2H

RS Clio 200
I so much prefer the feel of the mechanical ones like a quaiffe.

Yea, but they are expensive unfortunately so seems e-diff is the future. Even the supercars are using them now like the amg sls's on top gear last night.

The quaiffe isn't a full LSD either isn't it?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yea, but they are expensive unfortunately so seems e-diff is the future. Even the supercars are using them now like the amg sls's on top gear last night.

The quaiffe isn't a full LSD either isn't it?

The quaiffe is a torque biasing diff rather than a limited slip diff.

For a road car its a much nicer option, but in terms of pure laptimes a plate diff is probably slightly better in most cases.

RB Clio 182
The corsa burg comes with a drexler plated diff as standard, it was exceptional at pulling you around a corner rather than spinning up and sliding into a chav on his bicycle!

​I havnt driven a car with a quaiffe/wavetrac, although i hear the wavetracs are supposed to be better than the quaiffe?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The corsa burg comes with a drexler plated diff as standard, it was exceptional at pulling you around a corner rather than spinning up and sliding into a chav on his bicycle!

​I havnt driven a car with a quaiffe/wavetrac, although i hear the wavetracs are supposed to be better than the quaiffe?

Ive not used a wavetrac but the only advantage Ive heard of from people who have is that they still offer drive if you lift a wheel, the quaiffe is very good upto that point, but it relies on seeing at least a tiny bit of resistance from both wheels to work properly

Nimbus Megane R26
Nobody is getting on your back, it just isn't as fast as it should be with that power. Not worth getting it on a RR like RS tuning if your local just to get a second opinion? We all know what RS's are like and how they can play up from time to time! RR isn't just for the power whores, they can give you an indication to any problems that may exist, not that i'm telling you anything new there im sure as CS know nothing..apparently.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Was thinking the video made it look a little slow...I know my 182 does 100 in about 12-12.5s

RB Clio 182
Mine does it in about 13 too, exhaust and induction kit...

[video]http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/BurgEdition/media/CAM01021_1901_zpsaf11ce75.mp4.html[/video]

clio rs 182
is there any additional change to mount 250 engine than r26 engine ?

not to mention the beam

with r26 gearbox for exemple ?

specific piece to adapt block on the clio? axis adaptation ?

​thanks