ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FFS.

Just a quick note that the next PC game update will arrive Dec 3. Among other things, it removes the EMP blur effect we’ve seen your feedback on, as well as the “one-shot kill bug” and the audio issue prevalent on Golmud Railway and Lancang Dam.

As usual, you can always find out the latest on upcoming and released game updates and server updates in the Battlefield 4 Control Room.

PS4 will also get a game update on Dec 3, detailed in the Control Room in this post. We are also finalizing the next game updates for X360, PS3, and Xbox One, but we don’t have set dates for those just yet. It is looking likely that some of those will be ready at the end of this week at the earliest. We will have more details on the dates and contents of these soon.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Looks like it could be fixed for me getting my replacement PS4.

Result.

Clio 172
^^^ - flol, that's not the sign of a well designed game! They assume people can't be arsed anymore. That they need the next unlock within 10mins of playing - not 10 hours of using the same character and kit. As much as the bazillion unlocks annoy me - nothing makes my piss boil more on these recent FPS's than camo skins. There was an A-10 flying around on our side on that island map and it looked like a red zebra in the sky. Why do people need a different paint-job FFS??? It's a fighting game - not a bloody car garage to show off online. :mad:

You just know that on the initial designs of BF5 - pink, matte, camo for your MP5 will be a higher programming concern than improve hit-box detection or server stability. And that's just comical.

D.

Agreed Darren it's not what the BF series has ever been about. I enjoy the game and the new maps are awsome as is the scenery in general. I run my game on ultra and the quality is incredible. However I had unlocked all the support weapons and support kit upgrades by lvl 10. Now I am a self confessd support ***** but that's just silly. I have nearly got all the medic and engineer gear but some way to get the sniper stuff. However where is the incentive to play once I hot lvl 100 and everyone else is lvl 100? reset stats? Well why would I? So at present I think EA have gone a bit too far and the fact you can now buy the game for £27 from origin stinks of desperation.

Will I stop playing? no.

White Sti Hatch
B1oHzrd is my Battlelog name if anyone want to add im on most nights if the net out here will let me connect to a server !

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks like it could be fixed for me getting my replacement PS4.

Result.

I doubt it.

"After confirming yesterday that Battlefield 4 would receive an update on the PS4 next-gen console today, December 3, developer DICE has now revealed that the patch has been delayed because of additional testing that needs to be done in order to ensure that it won't break anything about the game.
Battlefield 4 on the PS4 encountered plenty of problems relating both to its single-player campaign and its multiplayer mode.

As a result, developer DICE has kept on releasing all sorts of updates for the game in order to make it playable without crashes, lag, or freezes.

A new patch was supposed to debut today, December 3, but the studio has now confirmed on Battlelog that it's delayed it in order to implement additional testing.

More details and a new release date will be shared in the near future but, until then, PS4 owners shouldn't expect any update for the game."

FF 182
You guys having problems, are you on pc or console?

Having very few problems with it myself on pc. The odd crash in game and sometimes if i try to join a server, it just won't connect, apart from those minor issues the game runs brilliant. Gameplay wise its super smooth for me, really fluid. The more i play the more i love it.

RX7 FD
Yea the game still dumps you out. Just had a change of map crash here on PC.

Eventually (read 6 months) they will iron it all out.

1.8 Civic EX
Now have all the achievments done for the single player campaign. Time to venture online (and get my arse handed to me repeatedly)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Took me months to hit level 100 on BF3, I'm 66 on this lol.

Took me about 2.5 years to max out on BF2142 - I think which is around lvl 50? I'm nearly halfway there on BF4 with barely 24 hours worth of play.

They've gone points crazy too. The highest achievement awards in 2142 gave you around 2,000 points. I think you get more than in BF4 for simply reloading. Along with three bonus camo packs and two 'designer' dog-tags.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed Darren it's not what the BF series has ever been about. I enjoy the game and the new maps are awsome as is the scenery in general. I run my game on ultra and the quality is incredible. However I had unlocked all the support weapons and support kit upgrades by lvl 10. Now I am a self confessd support ***** but that's just silly. I have nearly got all the medic and engineer gear but some way to get the sniper stuff. However where is the incentive to play once I hot lvl 100 and everyone else is lvl 100? reset stats? Well why would I? So at present I think EA have gone a bit too far and the fact you can now buy the game for £27 from origin stinks of desperation.

Will I stop playing? no.

Too true. Despite it's obvious flaws including unlimited ammo and those laughable tracer darts - I think Bad Company 2 was the last 'real' Battlefield that I got properly stuck into. I think this series, more than any other, it one that I'm keen to succeed and carry on. But the waves of anger, frustration and simply WTF connotations - not only on this forum and across the platforms too - show that something has to change. To ignore the resent and issues people have by simply waving away the poor starter course and hoping that you'll have a happier main meal with the Premium Pack, is just plain wrong.

Scale it back. Reduce the options. Focus on the game-play and address the stability issues. Give me that any day of the week over another batch of maps, unlocks and a sprinkling of vehicles.

D.

1.8 Civic EX
So my first game online with BF4.

Joined, got in some sort of vehicle, drove to capture point E. Didn't capture it, got blown up instead. Game ended (I joined right at the end). Congratulations Level up! wtf? I drove something for about a minute and got blown up. I should have gone down a level not up lol!

And whats with the random motion blur thing every now and then? Just seems to happen randomly throughout the match?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Joined, got in some sort of vehicle, drove to capture point E. Didn't capture it, got blown up instead. Game ended (I joined right at the end). Congratulations Level up! wtf? I drove something for about a minute and got blown up. I should have gone down a level not up lol!

And whats with the random motion blur thing every now and then? Just seems to happen randomly throughout the match?

I think they're patching the motion blur as a lot of folk have complained about it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

FLOL - that's classic! :cool:

Games rewarding you for doing sweet FA. WTF will they be like in 5-years-time?!

D.

Skoda Fabia vRS
is it worth trying to play this today, ive not played it for a few days its been a total arse

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
To ignore the resent and issues people have by simply waving away the poor starter course and hoping that you'll have a happier main meal with the Premium Pack, is just plain wrong.

Scale it back. Reduce the options. Focus on the game-play and address the stability issues. Give me that any day of the week over another batch of maps, unlocks and a sprinkling of vehicles.

I was having this conversation yesterday and from my point if view it really come across as if they don't care. BF4 has very similar (if not the same) fundamental issues BF3 had on its launch. How can you make the same mistakes twice? Surely your make doubly sure they were fixed!
Also the blatant disregard for the issues and prioritising new map packs and premium over fixing existing faults is just ludicrous.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
is it worth trying to play this today, ive not played it for a few days its been a total arse

May be worth waiting until the patch is released over the next few days. When it's working, it's brilliant, IMO. Really enjoying it, certainly on Hardcore. Quite a few people are saying the new maps (China Rising DLC) are fine and no crashes etc. so may be worth trying those if you have the DLC.

It's just maybe not worth the overall hassle of levelling up countless times only for a server boot to destroy your stats and having to start over again. I'm actually very surprised some people managed to complete the single player campaign, as a lot of folk were having their save file deleted over and over.

1.8 Civic EX
realy? thats most odd. I had 0 problems with the single player. Played through it twice. Once on hard all the way through. Second time on easy whoring up the achievements. Sometime I can't help but think that some sort of user error may have occured.....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
realy? thats most odd. I had 0 problems with the single player. Played through it twice. Once on hard all the way through. Second time on easy whoring up the achievements. Sometime I can't help but think that some sort of user error may have occured.....

I've had my save game erased and I was up to Chapter 4 I think. It's a major problem, with so many losing their progress; I'm talking over 70% of people judging by the complaints. You were one of the lucky ones ;)

So it only took you 2 play throughs to clock all the Achievements? May have a go at that once the patch is in.

Turbo LY R27
Did they release the patch xbox one in the end? How the hell do u download the china rising maps?? It all seems the same is they have! Still my fav game tho :D

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Just got logged into my Microsoft account and they are saying about resolving issues some people are having with not being able to download the China Rising DLC - just in case anyone is wondering.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The patch was delayed for both next gen consoles. Should be end of this week apparently.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Same here on the PC.

Multiplayer on the other hand...... :p

D.

BG Clio 182
I have the game on Ps3 came with the DLC code is it available yet then?? Im confused i thought Microsoft had exclusivity for a week or two?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Probably way behind the curve here but I hit someone in the chest 3 times (with hit markers) with the MK11 mod at about 50m.
Fucker didn't die.

Is damage different now?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I am getting truly f**ked off with this game now. I am not a massive BF fan but my other half kindly bought this for me and I decided to give it a go today (off work, manflu). I have a poor 'Net connection so decided to play the single player campaign. *sigh* From around 5 hours of play I was kicked back to the Xbox One dashboard 3-4 times as the game, presumably, crashed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I am getting truly f**ked off with this game now. I am not a massive BF fan but my other half kindly bought this for me and I decided to give it a go today (off work, manflu). I have a poor 'Net connection so decided to play the single player campaign. *sigh* From around 5 hours of play I was kicked back to the Xbox One dashboard 3-4 times as the game, presumably, crashed.

The PC version is actually stable on joining servers and maintaining connection to them. But (for me anyway) - I get massive crash issues if I upgrade the nVidia drivers to the latest ones. Just on this game too - nothing else.

It's piss poor if you're having stability issues with the SP campaign though!

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There's little point playing single player until the patch.

I had two great games on multiplayer Conquest last night, finished them both and then in the third game was booted back to the dashboard. China Rising had then downloaded, so I tried to enter a new map and again, kicked back. So I'm now waiting on the patch.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Played some conquest on operation locker, 32vs32, utter mayhem. Got kicked near the end though.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Mine seems to be ok on everything except rush, it's lagging during rush, possibly because of the bigger maps? Been playing a lot of Obliteration so far. Anybody on PS4? Fancy having a bash at this tonight? - my PSN id is DafsJones