ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Car all done, cleaned (in the dark) and loaded ready to go for the new exhaust tomorrow. It is all prepped and ready to roll for testing on Friday just need to decide weather to do the full day or just half!

I'm really enjoying the car been so effortless recently I have had no nasty surprises and it's all gone as expected with no dicking around like times gone by! I'm just hoping it stays that way for the next week and I will be very happy :)

BMW Z4
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Thanks mate and I look forward to seeing you then :)

:p

P.S Mark have you done Oulton with your data logger yet? Just looking for a track map so I can setup the markers etc :)

Hi Ash

I have created a .LAP file for you to load onto your CF card along with the layout file. Send me your email address and I will email you it. I added 3 sectors for you.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Car all done, cleaned (in the dark) and loaded ready to go for the new exhaust tomorrow. It is all prepped and ready to roll for testing on Friday just need to decide weather to do the full day or just half!

I'm really enjoying the car been so effortless recently I have had no nasty surprises and it's all gone as expected with no dicking around like times gone by! I'm just hoping it stays that way for the next week and I will be very happy :)

Fred must be on your xmas card list for life by now, lol

Hi Ash

I have created a .LAP file for you to load onto your CF card along with the layout file. Send me your email address and I will email you it. I added 3 sectors for you.
Hi Mark :)

Wow that was very kind of you mate thanks for taking the time to do that :) If you could please send it to jamesashton @ ff-racing.co.uk that would be awesome! Thanks again
Good result testing . . as it should be. Chuffed I bet, just get in and drive...easy.
Yes Pete was great fun just going through the video/data now :) Yes its like living in another world compared to all the other times lol
Fred must be on your xmas card list for life by now, lol
Haha yes although I think Fred would prefer a few beers than an xmas card lol :)

Evo 5 RS
James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic Heavy

Give him beer instead of money I'm going to try that this year.

:D

Clio 172

Glad its going well James, is Fred doing a 172 version of the new system? I think I was there when the guys first came out and spoke to him.

172 version is already available and as far as I am aware is unchanged.

Glad to hear the cars going well, good luck for testing!

Thanks Andy! I'm not sure to be fair. I was amazed by the work at JP when I was there earlier on, some seriously top notch work :) Can't wait to pick it up on Friday and see what its like on track!

It seems I wasn't the only one gets him beer then lol! I will have to change the gift for next time :)

182cup & 172 racecar

I give him feck all, he should be grateful.

WRX

Feck hall?
How many acres?

WRX

That's one episode of Grand Designs I'd love to see.

Lionel Richie

Beer is welcomed, Ciggies also, i don't do xmas cards Chip ;)

Right sorry but I still haven't had chance to do the write up from the bits and bobs i've been upto or testing but it will make for a massive write up when I get back lol! I still haven't packed for the trip away with the car and i'm supposed to be getting up in less than 4 hours lol!

So tomorrow i'm collecting the car from JP who have done an awesome job on the exhaust by the look of the photo's, then I'm testing at Oulton tomorrow afternoon.

Racing on Saturday and for this weekend I am sharing the car with my instructor who is local to the circuit so i'm expecting to get my arse handed to me on a plate but that's one of the reasons I wanted a second driver so I get wooped and then work harder at getting faster :)

I then travel down to Dover straight after the race when I will then be over at the Ring Sunday/Monday, Spa on Tuesday and then back to the UK!

Unfortunately I doubt I will get on the forum much but as always Facebook and Twitter will be updated as often as possible and I really can't wait for the next 5 days :)

The race live timing and results will be on TSL at http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&season=2012&series=CSCC&event=club&source=ed_CSCC&eventid=124064

Massive thanks once again to Fred at BTM who has been on hand over the last few weeks with advice and motivation (I was thinking of not racing) He gets all my phone calls with silly questions and doesn't seem to mind :) Can't imagine what state the car would be in without all of the BTM help in the last month or so!

Thanks for reading and hopefully see a few of you in various place around europe in the next week and I look forward to the write up with hopefully another good result!

James

Lionel Richie

Got my outfit sorted for the pit stop

Last edited by a moderator:
  182cup & 172 racecar

Not Fred in heels again.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup

Quite jealous of you itinerary for the next few days. Almost sounds ideal!

Not promising to make it up there before quali tomorrow but i will be coming up to watch the main event! Good luck all.

Hopefully see you in the paddock at some point before the race.

182cup & 172 racecar

Be good to put a face to a name. See you tomorrow.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup

cheers Tony - will pop over if the Burpspeed hospitality/media venue doesnt look too overwhelmed with pre-race tweeks etc

Clio 172

Good luck James wish you well for the race and the european track racing trip.

BMW Z4

Good luck James on Saturday..

Quite jealous of you itinerary for the next few days. Almost sounds ideal!

Not promising to make it up there before quali tomorrow but i will be coming up to watch the main event! Good luck all.

Hopefully see you in the paddock at some point before the race.
Haha thank you mate :)

Perfect well just to continue my luck i'm in garage 13 so will look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Good luck James wish you well for the race and the european track racing trip.
Thanks Andy :)

Good luck James on Saturday..
Thanks Mark and thanks again for all the dash help :)

Unfortunatly today didn't go as planned but thats my own fault! The car was quick but very frisky and nearly had a bad off! The times kept tumbeling but then the power steering pipe exploded :( As I say my own fault as I knew it was weeping but was too stingy to replace it just for one race! Racing without powersteering tomorrow which will be odd but hopefully we will manage :) Massive thanks to Fred for the urgent advice to get it sorted and also Tony for supplying me the belt I needed and help throughout the afternoon/evening!

I also have forgotton my race licence and the MSA want £65 for the privelidge of telling me off so they can stick that up there pipe and smoke it, i've driven home to collect it and will head back to Oulton first thing :)

WRX

Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow mate.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Ash, you will need to be here well before 7pm local time (6pm uk) for registration and signing on. Hope that won't be an issue as I've only just seen the full Itinary myself.

Hotel has free wifi for doing an update with, but obviously beer and steak is likely to be more important. Lol.

220 Trophy

James, have you fitted a roof scoop? If so where did you get it from?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

He's planning on window vents. Another thing on his to do list!

220 Trophy

He's planning on window vents. Another thing on his to do list!

I was just typing a response and then re-read your post, by vents you don’t mean window-sliders but actual vents that direct air where you want? - Good idea if so, I hadn't thought of that. I still have the electric windows in as polycarbs are on the expensive to-do list, I'm just removing the heater-matrix as its knackered and will remove the blower as well to tidy things up and remove some weight. A roof vent would be good to get some fresh air in at head level.