ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
But would be just like doing a sprint series, 15-20 min races for £150-160, plus other costs. Still be cheaper.

Would definitely be cheaper, but for someone like James that needs as much seat time as possible, it would end up costing him more per hour on track to be doing half the driving than doing all the driving.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Instead of a driver change, one car comes in, and then the other car goes out.

Nobody has done it before, but it is in the rules, don't know how the pitstop would work though, but it is possible.

Keeps the costs down too.

Think your wrong been in the race you don't know what goes on in the pit lane. (Maybe cause the cars not there long enough)

Has been done once at silverstone I think.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
And both cars do the 30 min practice too...If I've read correct. One car comes in stops the other driver gets in ( a different car) and goes.....same as 1 car 2 drivers....

NO
think the cars ready in the pit lane, but held by a marshall for 30 secs or something like that.

Golf GTD Mk7
Trying hard to see how 1 green flag lap, with every one all bunched up going no where fast, is much different. Can you tell me Chip?????

I must have got the first couple of race laps all wrong, do you go balls out on the first 1 to 2 laps then?

And over cook the tyres? Gradual build in temp is the way to go IMO

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Trying hard to see how 1 green flag lap, with every one all bunched up going no where fast, is much different. Can you tell me Chip?????

I must have got the first couple of race laps all wrong, do you go balls out on the first 1 to 2 laps then?

Difference is that at the beginning of the race everyone else is on tyres the same temp as you, rather than them pulling in on hot tyres ready to pull out again on hot and you on stone cold.

It's a money saving compromise so I guess you just have to accept the down side for a couple of laps.

There should be enough space out there for it to not be an issue mid-race. First corner you have 30-40 cars all close together with cold brakes and tyres.

You would still probably be quicker than a lot of the lower class cars.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Who is car one Mike? I can hardly remember my own number never mind anyone else's lol!

he means the first car in the pair. You'd need less fuel in each car, so the first car to go out would be lighter than all the other cars on track

WRX
Thought just came into my head Tony, do you think the extra weight helped keep the backend a bit more planted for the corners or purely it wasn't enough to make much difference at all?

182cup & 172 racecar
I think the extra weight helped stabilize the car, which counter acted the weight.

It felt different, but not undrivable, second lap out I was bang on the times again.