ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Such a great turnaround on the car James!!! Some brilliant work and nice little touches.

I just couldn't race anything other than a shed though lol, would cry too much if it got scratched ...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Super job, James. The car has been transformed and it will be good to see you out and enjoying it on track. If you don't feel at least a bit chuffed with what you've achieved then there's seriously something wrong with you... :p

Cup In bits
Stunning James, the work you have done is top notch.

Re aerocatch.....FFS you can't have that on the car, I have a spare knocking round that you can have. Shame to have that let it down for its photo shoot!! ps your a tart.

Thanks for all the really nice comments guys really appreciate it :)

James is your heated window poly or glass?
Heated screen on mine is glass mate :)

Such a great turnaround on the car James!!! Some brilliant work and nice little touches.

I just couldn't race anything other than a shed though lol, would cry too much if it got scratched ...
Thanks Dave once its done then I can forget about it all and just drive it :)
Great stuff James, though,

The broken Aero catch....hmmmm, not sure I could sleep at night with that still fitted.
Haha its to show that my OCD didn't make me waste money buying a new aerocatch even though I do want to ;) lol!
Hi James, just a little update your bits will leave us Monday via TNT Express, your not rolling with side strips this year?
Awesome news Simon thanks can't wait to see them :) I get back home on Tuesday night so will look forward to seeing them then! No I decided against it to save a little weight but do prefer the look with them. I will give you a call on Wednesday :)
Stunning James, the work you have done is top notch.

Re aerocatch.....FFS you can't have that on the car, I have a spare knocking round that you can have. Shame to have that let it down for its photo shoot!! ps your a tart.
Thanks Morgan, Haha your too kind thank you but honestly i'm happy with it on there its my lucky charm from my good race at Donny last year :) I know :rasp:
Total number of zip ties?
I know where every single one is on the car lol! About 20ish ;) Fred will kill me

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks amazing James mate, and great news it's finished so the racing can begin. The attention to detail is awesome! Great work and the satisfaction of doing so much of it yourself must be pleasing :)

Dat engine bay!

Any ideas on cost so far?
Thanks this was a picture of the engine bay before so its a lot less cluttered :)
file_zps04eeefe8.jpg

Yes unfortunately I keep a pretty accurate record of it all :S lol!
Looks amazing James mate, and great news it's finished so the racing can begin. The attention to detail is awesome! Great work and the satisfaction of doing so much of it yourself must be pleasing :)
Thanks Oli very kind of you to say :)!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Looks great James. Come along way since I picked those doors up!

How did you mount the dash top after removing the dash bar? Any pictures of any mounts or brackets you've fitted?

Lionel Richie
This is how it should've been done first time!

For as long as i live i'll never forget finding this
20130601_202653_zps82eeda59.jpg

yes that's copper pipe

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Seen similar though. Yes that is a fuel injector clip on the throttle cable

IMAG0231_zps0a40688c.jpg

and yes that is a kink in the fuel hose being used for a servo vacuum pipe
IMAG0223_zps383cb4e9.jpg

yes that's copper pipe

I was wondering when that would finally surface lol.
Money well spent with that company.

Cowboy-throwing-lasso-010.jpg

Ooh just noticed my old headlights have now found a use! Looks awesome

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :)
How did you mount the dash top after removing the dash bar? Any pictures of any mounts or brackets you've fitted?
It ran last year just rested into place lol, its a pretty tight fit around the cage but I am going to weld a couple of brackets to the cage to screw through to when I get the gearlinkage bar welded
Why are you not doing this for a living?!
I would love to :)
Absolutly fantastic work James, when are you looking to test at Cadwell?
17th and 27th of June are the only two trackdays I can find before the race so one of those hopefully :) Need to just get an idea of timescales for fitting the connectors
You going to put one of those rubber rings around it, like the bumper cars have.
Good thinking batman :)

yes that's copper pipe
Flol one of many bodges ehh :(
and yes that is a kink in the fuel hose being used for a servo vacuum pipe
IMAG0223_zps383cb4e9.jpg
At least they used jubilee clips on that setup ;)
Ooh just noticed my old headlights have now found a use! Looks awesome
Haha yes didn't take much work to clean up been running them on the car since July lol!

Is there any update with regards to the original builders of this?
Not really yet, I offered them a possible settlement which was overly generous from me, but it got thrown back in my face telling me they didn't actually build the car it was Trackgroup so my problems lay with them. Anyone who saw the thread title originally must of been wrong when it said "by TDF" lol :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its non of my business really James so tell me to jog on but what do the invoices say (not value but company details)? It must be so infuriating to find yourself in a position like this still after so long and I'd personally just drive there and start using my fists to regain satisfaction and maybe take some tool boxes... not the right way to go I know but when people start playing with my bank account I get very defensive. I also didn't realise "TDF" was a trading name of "Track Group Ltd" either, pretty naughty card to play for such a reputable company.

Its non of my business really James so tell me to jog on but what do the invoices say (not value but company details)? It must be so infuriating to find yourself in a position like this still after so long and I'd personally just drive there and start using my fists to regain satisfaction and maybe take some tool boxes... not the right way to go I know but when people start playing with my bank account I get very defensive. I also didn't realise "TDF" was a trading name of "Track Group Ltd" either, pretty naughty card to play for such a reputable company.

Agree with this. Think Matt would end up with no fingers/hands/arms once I'd finished with him.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Not really yet, I offered them a possible settlement which was overly generous from me, but it got thrown back in my face telling me they didn't actually build the car it was Trackgroup so my problems lay with them. Anyone who saw the thread title originally must of been wrong when it said "by TDF" lol :)
:( Not good. Not good at all. Obviously I've not had anywhere the level of problems you've unfortunately had but I also got caught between this "TDF or TrackGroup" thing. I left my car with TDF, came back through TrackGroup. Eventually. In bad shape. Anyways, as said before - the car is a real credit to you and I hope you get many, many miles of enjoyment out of it. Without a doubt this is one of my favourite builds and threads on here and I look forward to catching up with you and Clio at some point. :)

I also didn't realise "TDF" was a trading name of "Track Group Ltd" either, pretty naughty card to play for such a reputable company.

TDF and Track Group legally look like two different companies. TDF is owned by Matt Faulks (records from Companies House show this), and he is the only Director. Track Group have different directors, none of whom are Matt Faulks.

Its non of my business really James so tell me to jog on but what do the invoices say (not value but company details)?

As Mick says, if the invoice for the work is from TDF, then that's who is responsible, end of story.

So you're aware, a CCJ was issued against TDF in the middle of May.