ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Loving this Dan. Such an amazing effort! I can't wait to see it in the metal at CSF17!

What dump valve have you got? If it's any interest I have a black Forge dump valve that would work with your setup.

It's yours if you want it?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Loving this Dan. Such an amazing effort! I can't wait to see it in the metal at CSF17!

What dump valve have you got? If it's any interest I have a black Forge dump valve that would work with your setup.

It's yours if you want it?

Thank you very much my friend! Can I come for a passenger ride in your beast?

I don't actually know what it is you know, thank you very much for the offer. Really appreciate that, send me a message for a price posted if you would rob :D

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Thank you very much my friend! Can I come for a passenger ride in your beast?

I don't actually know what it is you know, thank you very much for the offer. Really appreciate that, send me a message for a price posted if you would rob :D
Its a hks dump valve just for the spec sheet :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just read all of this, f**k me Daniel son, handy with spanners and at the females lol, well played mate. Maybe you should take over for that f**king cow boy at ClioTurbo!
Now there's an idea! It seems like you've ploughed through this a quite a rate and made it look easy. Have you been keeping track of the hours spent on it and the spend so far? How easy/ hard would it be to make a list of parts required for the conversion for people to follow in future?

Epic build pal, really good work:up:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, you've done so well with this!

Thank you mate! Really nice of you to say. Come for a passenger lap at Blyton!

Just read all of this, f**k me Daniel son, handy with spanners and at the females lol, well played mate. Maybe you should take over for that f**king cow boy at ClioTurbo!
Jesus christ I wonder how many mbs you used for that haha. Thank you very much Danny :D

Now there's an idea! It seems like you've ploughed through this a quite a rate and made it look easy. Have you been keeping track of the hours spent on it and the spend so far? How easy/ hard would it be to make a list of parts required for the conversion for people to follow in future?

Epic build pal, really good work:up:

Cheers dude! No I haven't kept a record which I'm sort of glad about as it will be a lot! Sadly I'd never do it for someone due to how long it takes. Been absolutely stressed as s**t getting this one done and neglected the gf on weekends and stuff getting it sorted. I can't wait just to come home from work and chill once it's done haha.

No doubt I'll be finding other things to do as sitting at home doing nothing is my worst nightmare. Have to be going out or doing something at least, especially with this weather!!

Are you coming Blyton again mate?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yep Dann I be at Blyton again, although we've no reason to be there as easy this year! And as you've left God's county it may be our first time to see Boris 2.0 too. Can't wait to hear that chavvy bov on track

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Well done, yet again. Every update is just making me want to do the same thing!
Looking forward to seeing it blatting around at csf17!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Well I won't be returning the favour, cos it'll be staying away from the track lol

Taking it back as per Mr Tom haha

Yep Dann I be at Blyton again, although we've no reason to be there as easy this year! And as you've left God's county it may be our first time to see Boris 2.0 too. Can't wait to hear that chavvy bov on track

Yeah we did get there super early last time as the track day sign on was early but you guys don't have to. Haha chavvy, maybe :p

Aww cheers Dan, we'll get some plans sorted when I see you next week :smile:
Hahaha, you'll be too busy bleeding your brakes :p
Well done, yet again. Every update is just making me want to do the same thing!
Looking forward to seeing it blatting around at csf17!
Me too haha. Thanks though dude. Come and say Hi!
Awesome progress!!!

Thank you brother

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Had an incredibly good weekend on the car thanks to @Steven103 and @leeds2592 for their help! Genuinely wouldn't have been able to make this much progress without you.. Even if ethan was the main supervisor :p

Great weather for it

20170408_121046_zps4jj4ayap.jpg

20170408_121103_zpssp2ynpzm.jpg

20170408_121029_zpskkylhmeg.jpg

20170409_171233_zps2phur7tj.jpg

20170409_171228_zpsatticmau.jpg

20170408_191455_zps4hbsrgbb.jpg

To summarise this weekend..

Epas fitted thanks to Steven. Feels awesome!!
Gearbox cables fed through and connected
Bumper brackets fitted so bumper can be fitted
Aerocatches fully fitted
Water filled up
Brake lines fitted
Brakes bled
Clutch bled. Bled like a charm and feels delicious
Throttle cable connected

I'm so happy with the front end just need to get a sunstrip fitted again.

Needs a wash too as you can see it's caked in dust.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Glad I could be of help ;) I really didn't have a clue what you two were saying when you were talking about the EPAS wiring haha, I was just glad I could supervise in the sun :)

Can't wait to see this finished now, it's going to be mega!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Looking awesome @dann2707 . Chuffed it's finally nearing completion .
When's dyno day ?
Thank you my friend. It's on the 2nd of may. I've just ordered the transportation service for it! Now I've got to sort out all the niggles before it gets there as I'll be driving it home.
Glad I could be of help :wink: I really didn't have a clue what you two were saying when you were talking about the EPAS wiring haha, I was just glad I could supervise in the sun :smile:

Can't wait to see this finished now, it's going to be mega!

Haha cheers dude. When driving it just a little bit the noise was so loud, it vibrates everything with it being solid mounted. It's going to be fun.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
3rd page and a week since the last update. I've been slacking...

Not really, i've been mega busy with the last push before mapping! It's all the little things i've been sorting out.

Apologies if the pics look rubbish, trying a new uploading site as photobucket has had a disaster earlier.

I've fitted the interior, along with the false floor which is a bit bent but it's worked a treat. Fire extinguisher is fixed infront of passenger seat too. I then fitted my rear door cards from CM composite. They were fitted by 3 x M4 rivnuts in each corner. Ideally another one would be spot on but there is no metal behind them, they are very secure though.

No door card

20170417_111629.jpg

After

20170417_111636.jpg

Interior pics as it stands!

20170418_173105.jpg

20170418_173113.jpg

Black strip is for the scuttle when finished bleeding the brakes

20170418_173137.jpg

20170418_173155.jpg

The car now has coolant in and the turbo intake is fitted using a ramair filter. Used ducting from the intercooler pipework and it fitted spot on.

I've also secured the ecu upright using brackets from an oil cooler I bought from @optical . That has been cushioned with some rubber just to reduce residual vibrations.

20170417_104743.jpg

20170417_104728.jpg

I also got sick of the pink aerocatches (god knows why they come that colour, it's absolutely dire). So with some caustic soda I removed the anodising and then trimmed them down as they were too long. I will do the rears at one point when i've got time.

20170418_154647.jpg

20170418_154724.jpg

20170418_155004.jpg

20170418_160213.jpg

I'm awaiting on some braided front brake lines then I can bleed the front brakes then it's pretty much complete for mapping.

I've sorted the exhaust too, i'm using the megane 225 link pipe from the de-cat and it needs to mate up to my original exhaust and luckily cutting a section from my clio 182 decat allows it to join up perfectly. I got some clamps on there today btw. I will be getting a full 3" system at one point then getting the map tweaked but for now it will be fine.

20170417_103152.jpg

To finish here are lots and lots of engine bay pics as i'm over the moon with it..

20170418_173223.jpg

20170418_173255.jpg

20170418_173049.jpg

20170418_173043.jpg

20170418_173024.jpg

20170418_173010.jpg

Do you know if the D/V is genuine? There are thousands of HKS SSQV replicas out there with holographic logos and so on, and most have been found to cause boost leaks either inside the unit or on the connecting adapter for different applications.

I would try the whole package without the D/V personally? Also... that dogbone is asking for unnecessary stress and potential cracks

Aside from this, you are living the dream having so much garage time! You'll miss it when you stop.

Nice to see the harnesses correctly mounted on the cage and seats look good too.

Let's hope that engine stays that clean :):up:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know if the D/V is genuine? There are thousands of HKS SSQV replicas out there with holographic logos and so on, and most have been found to cause boost leaks either inside the unit or on the connecting adapter for different applications.

I would try the whole package without the D/V personally? Also... that dogbone is asking for unnecessary stress and potential cracks

Aside from this, you are living the dream having so much garage time! You'll miss it when you stop.

Nice to see the harnesses correctly mounted on the cage and seats look good too.

Let's hope that engine stays that clean :smile::up:
Im not running the hks dv now, @rmsdavis sent me his forge one the absolute legend he is! It sounds unreal too.

Yeah the dogbone is temp whilst I figure something out but it will do to get me by for the time being.

Cheers dude. I can't wait to not be as stressed about it! Feels like I've been neglecting my gf because I've been in the garage so much and many weekend has been me in the garage just working on it haha. But now I'm actually being able to do other things apart from car!

Inferno 225 cup
Sterling work Dan, you've done a great job.

Not a big fan of sunstrips [emoji853]

Also why a blow of valve? I've got a forge Recirc and blanked off, with a larger cosworth filter on the itg kit, sounds like it's sucking the tarmac up, its loud but if it had blow off valve I think it would sound horrendous.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Im not running the hks dv now, @rmsdavis sent me his forge one the absolute legend he is! It sounds unreal too.

Yeah the dogbone is temp whilst I figure something out but it will do to get me by for the time being.

Cheers dude. I can't wait to not be as stressed about it! Feels like I've been neglecting my gf because I've been in the garage so much and many weekend has been me in the garage just working on it haha. But now I'm actually being able to do other things apart from car!
And that is definitely a genuine Forge unit! [emoji4]

Glad it's being put to good use on what is personally one of my favourite cars on the forum!

The Clio is nearly there mate, and it looks bloody awesome!

Roll on CSF17!

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Such a tidy job!, no wonder you're so chuffed with it buddy!.
I've progressed my consideration for this conversion, by sending my brother a link to this build thread. Lets say it's got him thinking too! haha
I agree with the pins in the aerocatches, but, function over form when they sell so many.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

Also why a blow of valve? I've got a forge Recirc and blanked off, with a larger cosworth filter on the itg kit, sounds like it's sucking the tarmac up, its loud but if it had blow off valve I think it would sound horrendous.

Thanks dude! We still need to meet up! Got a group chat with me, Ben coops and akay if you want to join and we can sort a pub trip with @Panda. Too?

I really like the sound of the forge dump valve. It doesn't sound chavvy I don't think. Got a vid I made the other day I will upload.

And that is definitely a genuine Forge unit! [emoji4]

Glad it's being put to good use on what is personally one of my favourite cars on the forum!

The Clio is nearly there mate, and it looks bloody awesome!

Roll on CSF17!

Thank you very much Rob :D such a nice compliment. One last little hurdle to get through tomorrow then I can relax... Until mapping haha

Such a tidy job!, no wonder you're so chuffed with it buddy!.
I've progressed my consideration for this conversion, by sending my brother a link to this build thread. Lets say it's got him thinking too! haha
I agree with the pins in the aerocatches, but, function over form when they sell so many.

Thanks mate. Appreciate that comment. Wonder how clean it will stay. Yeah it's true, just makes me wonder why that colour when it takes effort to anodise, at least offer a variety of colours.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

Also this I can confirm. It sounds ridiculous 😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Little update. Mapping is next week and as expected I'm cutting it quite fine.

Got a jerry can on the way so I can get some petrol and fill Boris up and let it run to get coolant all the way around it.

Water wetter on the way, along with a catch can and pipework too.

Bled the brakes and I'm not sure if there's air in there but it's spongy. There is a lot of brake pad flex which is strange. Never noticed it before on a car but it's like the play in the pedal is the pad flexing just on one side and just one pad. Odd.

Got a sun strip to fit tomorrow or Wednesday and also sort out the tracking of one wheel as when I've changed the track rod end I must have put it on a different amount of thread as that wheel is toeing out a f**king s**t load. Which isn't ideal when I'm supposed to be driving it home next Tuesday from mapping.

I'm out all weekend so can't play then although I do have Monday off.

Got the girlfriend to clay the car for me yesterday which is cool as it was absolutely filthy and covered in grinding and welding dust. It's come up OK but needs detailing properly.

20170423_193142_zpsas1jr3rx.jpg

20170423_193132_zpsj9khtg46.jpg

20170423_193237_zpsmvi4uqio.jpg