ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
The Bomber saw a swap to NGK Racing 8 plugs tonight in preparation for mapping. I was delighted with my idea of the removable fuel pump/filter cradle too.
The whole system came out in about 3 minutes, 2x AN fittings, 1x bolt and 1x multiplug and the whole assembly lifts out for easy plug access. The drivers side is merly loosening one jubilee clip and removing the turbo intake.
Also managed to source a USB to serial adapter and could recaliberate teh Innovate wideband to read Gasoline. So with the wideband reading correctly and proper plugs. Shes all systems go for some proper boost.
Woohoo :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Well, what a day.

To put it blunt the day was amazing... i am delighted... and the car is in short, f'kin ballistic on the road!
Huge thanks to Simon, Charlie and CJ for their work on the car, and a huge thanks to my wingman MADDOG for coming with me.

Ive got heaps of thankyou's to do and say but the bottom line is:

525bhp and 480lbsft on plain Vpower at 1.9 bar.
573bhp and 510lbsft with 20% meth at 2 bar.

31576cad.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Here ya go lads, vid was taken on my iPhone, so not the best but you get the idea. This is a 576bhp dyno pull.

We actually had abort a run that was 581bhp and climbing as it was getting a bit too near the mark lol

Last edited by a moderator:

keo

Clio Trophy
Just read all the thread, scoob looks mint. Its made me start looking on pistonheads anyway :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi chaps,
Been pretty quiet around the forum recently. So just thought id post a little update of some small refreshments on the car.
Rear Brembos have been refurbished in black/yellow to match my APs up front.
10504637.jpg

Rear diff guard got a freshen up
5519f1e2.jpg

Rear ARB, brackets and links also got a jolly up with some fresh powdercoat. All fitted up with new stainless fasteners and new rear pads in the calipers.
None of this can be seen i know and there will be lots more going on under here, but at least I know it's all reasonably tidy again for the summer,
7973ba9e.jpg

384b6096.jpg

6daac3d1.jpg

Also have some more bits and pieces going on but will update when I have more to show.
Cheers, frayz :)

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
wow!
makes my old uk300 shrink a penis in -20 weather ffs lol.
stunning car and level of work gone into it mate....then theres the bloody low mileage 182 to hate you for too lmao,
look forward to a few more videos mate,fly by/on board ect.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Oh my gawd why didn't I see this thread before?

Prodrive Bugeyes FTMFW, favourite year Impreza by far.

I'm a little bit in love with this car. Good job.

BG 182 FF
I just read thorugh this thread, its an amazing car mate well done. Ive always wanted an impreza Just need to wait for the insurance to drop a bit can't afford it at 24

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Took the old girl out for a drive last Saturday and upon coming home I gave her the usual inspection. Found some oil mist on my inner wing that I identified as PAS fluid.
42cb2e7e.jpg

On investigating further I found that my HP PAS line was leaking a small amount of fluid through the core of the hose.
I removed it before it failed, caused a fire or worse.
I took it to my hydraulics shop for a second opinion. They were very helpful as always and put the failure down to heat, and the hose being used slightly outside its rated pressure.
The shop made me up a brand new heavy duty hose there and then free of charge.
64225958.jpg

I've also been cutting the car up again. Although I'll let the photos do the talking here.
71c28683.jpg

dca62371.jpg

74252937.jpg

a54b04f2.jpg

7182ca16.jpg

More to come soon :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just seen this thread!
Looks great!
I bet it shifts too.

Good bit of work on the bonnet too.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Quick snap now it all done on the exterior.

50ec5f52.jpg

Bonnet removed and stripped for paint.

99f9f73f.jpg

Now sporting the full on street racer look. Tempted to go for a Fast & Furious style drive. Haha.

958291f4.jpg