ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB'd Road & Track Ph1 Titanium 172

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Ph1 172

Last bit I needed to do in the bay was the bulkhead heat protection.

IMAG1417.jpg

IMAG1416.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers Scott :)

I took it for a quick drive, gave it a wash and put it to bed for a while with the trickle charger and car cover on.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Nice and responsive, pulled well from low down.

Now I've got the filter setup all sorted the idle is solid around 900rpm. Just need to tweak the cold start so I don't have to hold it on the throttle for a few seconds to get it idling.

Can't wait to have it all finished and abuse it this summer.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Have you fitted ARP rod bolts?

I'll be ordering a set when I buy my valves.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Dropped it off at a friend's garage to fit the cup subframe and 7.5mm rear spacers to replace the 10mm -1mm camber spacers.

I'd have done it but...I cba :p

I need to order some aerocatches for the front bumper this weekend and I'm having the group buy door cards off @Kelv on Friday.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Hah! Possibly, I don't know yet. I'll see how it goes.

It'll do for the time being. Besides, could be worse, I could run no filter.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

A bit of a gross exaggeration but I understand your concern. I doubt I'll do much more than 2000 miles this year so I'll be keeping a watchful eye on it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Look at @SharkyUK project thread. Some pics of his running the same filter. It was practically transparent.
Indeed - please be very careful with the filter. It was shocking. It's also worth noting that I maintained my filter (and indeed everything else ) impeccably...

My engine ingested a lot of the filter.

shaggedfilter01.jpg

shaggedfilter02.jpg

How a decent filter SHOULD look...

workingfilter02.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Cup subframe is done as well as changing the rear spacers. Looks much better all round now.

Got my 1.2 dash fitted today after getting the car back.

IMAG1448.jpg

I was going to fit aerocatches on the front bumper but I've decided against it now. Not that keen on how it looks tbh and it's not like it takes that long to remove if I need to.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

The final bit I needed to do before mapping in 3 weeks was to secure the oil cooler and radiator for driving the car in earnest.

IMAG1454.jpg

Need to start thinking about booking a few track days now!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  Mec 350 slk manual

Tom I have picked up a set of Ktec jenveys with out the filter , used a can of carb cleaner get rid of part of the filter where it had broken up in the body's

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

My filter is ok at the moment, I'll keep a close eye on it and change it when required.

I decided whilst the weather was decent to change my Ph1 seats over to the 172 Cup seats I got from Carbonraider I gave them a clean and swapped the runners and pretensioners over from the Ph1 seats.

Popped them in this evening and they match the 1.2 top dash and cowling much better now, besides I already had the Cup rear bench.

IMAG1466.jpg

IMAG1467.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Did some tinkering today. Took an angle grinder to a 4 pot calliper then tried it in place.

IMAG1478.jpg

IMAG1479.jpg

So next step is to machine it down properly and convert it to radial mount then decide on discs and makes some brackets.

Also got a couple of pics to show how it sits now with the cup subframe, et35 wheels and 10mm spacers on the front and et35 wheels with 7.5mm spacers on the back. I'll get another 5mm each side on the front with the roll centre kit.
Here you can see the wishbone mounts further out than on a ph1 subframe.
IMAG1468.jpg

IMAG1471.jpg

IMAG1472.jpg

Also fitted a catch tank
IMAG1476.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Went in for mapping this morning but injector number 1 was knackered so ECP came to the rescue with a new one and mapping is going to start soon. Did a leakdown test and all was well so fingers crossed now for some decent numbers!

172 cup, Impreza P1

Exact same thinking as me with the AP's.

Bought some a while back and looked into making them radials then get some brackets made up. Should do a job and make less of a squeal than the 406 brembos. What discs are you going for?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Looking forward to seeing the results mate.

Bet you couldn't sleep last night. ;)

172 cup, Impreza P1

294 x 22mm Mini Cooper S

Slept like a baby Scott! Had trouble getting out if bed, I hit snooze for 40 minutes!

Glad you got an injector easy enough. Good luck for the mapping.

I thought mini cooper s discs were 276mm not 294mm. Are they larger on new R56 mini's as the R50 and R53's use the 276mm disc?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

From 2001 on. It depends on the model. Only thing worth noting is the spigot is 64mm so will need a ring knocking up. Otherwise they have a height of 44mm like the Clio discs and are 4x100

172 cup, Impreza P1

Cant see a drawing for the 294mm ones but I'll take your word for it. They all seem to have a different offset by 1mm due to the thickness of the hub flange.

I seen the 64mm spigot diameter but easily fixed.

Cheers for the info.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Cant see a drawing for the 294mm ones but I'll take your word for it. They all seem to have a different offset by 1mm due to the thickness of the hub flange.

I seen the 64mm spigot diameter but easily fixed.

Cheers for the info.

No problem Stephen. Brembo do a drawing :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Previous power was 152 at the wheels (dyno dynamics corrected it to 184 at the fly). It is now 171 at the wheels, so using the same factor for losses that's 207 at the fly.

I'm going to overlay graphs later :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yes, it's making the figures it should :) and more importantly, compression is all good and the injector is sorted. Ready to go for this year now!

Good, I need to do a stronger return spring, so the revs drop quicker but other than that it's great. Definitely quicker than it was and I've got weight loss planned for this year to help out.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Done the graph overlays so you can see the before and after, the standard inlet give a big peak in the midrange so I'm losing out around 4500 and 5000 but above that I'm gaining quite a bit. I can feel it too, it doesn't have the kick it had at 4.5k but it feels much quicker overall now.

STDVSITB.jpg