ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB Clio 182
I'm loving these tbh, would you go vts or 106 gti if they were priced the same, same condition/mileage etc?

RB Clio 182
I know they are meant to be the same car almost, but are there any noticeable differences in speed/handling /performance etc?

Skoda Fabia VRS
So Payday is this Friday. I'm nervous.
Plenty of things are wanted, and plenty of income shall be had. I'll write a little update list of the parts I want below. (No timeframe for these as a fair bit will be garage jobbos)

Catcam 743's
GAZ GHA Coilovers
266mm 206GTi brake setup
Front end polybushed
Solid top mounts/engine mounts/polybushed gearbox mount
205 Speedlines
OMP Corsica Suede deep dished wheel
Interior completely gutted including wiring

Long term plan I'd love it to be on itb's, but I'm miles away from that stage yet so there's no point writing it down atm.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
So I decided to stray away from boosting the 182, a lot of thought went into it and various comments/advice from other members, I looked at it from other points of view. My main thought was that it's my daily (other than a works van) so if it turned into a problem/money pit, I'm stuck. After thinking about it long and hard 😂 ... I decided I could have just as much fun with a track car, so I went out to look for one.

21888879936_3b204c6c26_c.jpg

That's when I stumbled across this little gem.
1997 Mk1 VTS.
84k genuine miles
Very good condition for the age (bar the odd scratch, it's 18 years old!)
£1100 worth of receipts in the last few months for the following;
head gasket, bolts, cambelt, aux belt, waterpump, coolant pump, thermostat+housing and gasket, starter motor, coolant itself, brand new axle -40mm, new discs/pads all around, spark plugs, pollen filter, oil filter and oil, top mounts, Bilstein B8's, tie rods, 50mm springs (s**t, s**t springs), drop links etc etc.
Overall plans for this are fast road/track use. The standard exhaust is killing me, I'm 100% asbo and need noise, which is good because I've just bought a Saxsport 10 minutes ago so next week shall be some progress already!

I'm sure I know that registration... Sure it's from round here.

Megane 250
So Payday is this Friday. I'm nervous.
Plenty of things are wanted, and plenty of income shall be had. I'll write a little update list of the parts I want below. (No timeframe for these as a fair bit will be garage jobbos)

Catcam 743's
GAZ GHA Coilovers
266mm 206GTi brake setup
Front end polybushed
Solid top mounts/engine mounts/polybushed gearbox mount
205 Speedlines
OMP Corsica Suede deep dished wheel
Interior completely gutted including wiring

Long term plan I'd love it to be on itb's, but I'm miles away from that stage yet so there's no point writing it down atm.

Mine will be on itbs next year, if you still have this I know you'll follow suit.

Young and living at home ftw.

Work hard, play harder.

#yolo #swag

An orange one
I do have a massive soft spot for these, they've almost gone past their chavvy image and become cool again.

My first car was a VTR in White, not been in a saxo since 2005, would love a trip down memory lane!

Skoda Fabia VRS
I do have a massive soft spot for these, they've almost gone past their chavvy image and become cool again.

My first car was a VTR in White, not been in a saxo since 2005, would love a trip down memory lane!
No, you would not! Standard they are utter w**k imho. The engine sound is pathetic (has no grunt/note), acceleration is flat below 4-5k, handling is shocking, the interior is cheap at best, and the brakes are utterly abysmal! But, as said above a few times... Exhaust, cams, stripped, coilovers/Bilie setup, bigger brakes and decent rubber, it completely transforms the car!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Currently had the car just over two weeks, and I've already spent about £350 on her!
I've stranded away from GAZ coilovers atm, as I'm currently sat on Bilstein B8's at the front, which go very well with a set of Faulkner 155lb springs. Currently because it's on 50mm shitty springs, I think the shocks/springs are bottoming out over bumps, as the shocks are firm, but springs have plenty of freedom. Hopefully the Faulkners should stiffen up the front more.

Skoda Fabia VRS
So my SuperSprint 4-2-1 manifold arrived yesterday, and I noticed it appeared to have a dent in it. So today I whipped of the appalling heatwrap that the seller claimed to have cost £60 for...and looky here, what do I see!

22445914681_42b9b47af1_c.jpg

22434985755_8b8c79869d_c.jpg

22445895361_f9619cdab4_c.jpg

The seller said nothing about this, I questioned him about any dents/blows/welding done to it etc and failed to mention this. It shouldn't effect the car in anyway, but it would've been nice to know before hand.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Cracked on with more stripping/weight saving to pass the time, a fair bit has been removed now and I'm getting to the tricky bits.

21813932924_63c0eae828_c.jpg

22436680895_9619997e04_c.jpg

22248973148_e2b9f61059_c.jpg

22436666435_bf8cb52bc7_c.jpg

22423397722_7b5d535714_c.jpg

22248959138_9bf4ab82b7_c.jpg

22423389202_4a7870257b_c.jpg

22248918728_abbcf3b5d0_c.jpg

She's still here! Works van has taken it's place as a daily currently, but if the weather holds off later she'll be given a few heavy feeted moments.
21814113864_daae904dc2_c.jpg

Next is to tackle the exhaust issue again and chase up some wiring. Parcel shelf light, door tweeters, interior light all to be chased back and removed at some point, for the time being they're just taped up together.

Skoda Fabia VRS
I bet two burley lads could lift it up. Must be light as a feather now! They aren't exactly heavy to start with!
You're probably right! Kerb weight they're 930kg iirc with the spare wheel. With that taken into account, mines got to be around 890kg with all things removed and lighter items (exhaust, manifold is considerably lighter!).

Got the SuperSprint manifold fitted last night with the help of a good mate, no problems what so ever! I couldn't believe it! All that's left now is to sort out the backbox issue, which according to a mate who works in longlife can be sorted by flaring the exhaust? I presume that's like flaring the arches as such, just opening connection a bit more? Correct me if I'm wrong haha. Once the exhaust is all working spot on I'll get some exhaust videos, for now it just blows a lot, like most girls in Bridgend.

22435821476_06a93b324e_c.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Need to get yourself some polished or better looking rocker covers!
Tell me about it... She's off the road as of this Saturday for major work to take place over Winter, I'm also hoping to pick myself up a little DA and bit of kit, so it'll have a polished shiney surface hopefully!

Peugeot 308
Considered boost instead of NA? :cool:

I ran a chunkier cold air feed from the bottom of the Airbox to the fog light (fog light obviously removed)

Seemed to work well.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Considered boost instead of NA? :cool:

I ran a chunkier cold air feed from the bottom of the Airbox to the fog light (fog light obviously removed)

Seemed to work well.
I have, but I want to make this my project, doing a lot of the work myself or with friends. Boost would be paying someone to do the work...

I'm tempted by a set of morettes to take out the fog and use as a cold air feed, but I kind of like the standard headlights.

330i. E30 Touring.
Why not have that dent removed from the mani..?

Would be simple enough to get taken out there tbh.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Why not have that dent removed from the mani..?

Would be simple enough to get taken out there tbh.
I don't trust myself with cable ties, let alone other tools! I just wanted to get it fitted for a trial run tbh, it'll more than likely be coming back off in a few months to be wrapped properly/use a DA to bring it back to originalISH condition.

Skoda Fabia VRS
So after looking into it, I may have found out why my exhaust doesn't quite fit together. The id of the Centre section is 50mm, the id of the backbox is 40mm. Every single Supersprint (that model) has an id of 50mm, so this one can't be a SuperSprint, or is one made for the vtr/furio oem exhaust. Bit of a ballache, but a friend is selling a Kam racing backbox, that WILL connect to my SuperSprint centre section. It's a 2+1/4" rolled tip, and actually looks quite nice in the recess of the bumper.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Exhaust sorted (bodged...ahem, for now. Wrapped the backbox with heatwrap to build the diameter up enough for the clamp to grasp it, seems alright for now. Sunroof has also been sealed up (presuming it's the correct place) courtesy of the Father. Will be taking this to a 'cruise' in Cwmbran tonight, because it's loud, obnoxious, and so am I.