ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Sunroof is booked in for sometime next week to have the plate welded in, and I've also bought a set of Morette's, not everyone's cup of tea but I think they really set the front end off nicely.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Morettes arrived today, to the wrong address...Luckily I live in a small friendly village! The sunroof has also been plated up, so I'll get some better pictures tomorrow! The car as of 5 minutes ago is sorned for work to take place over the Winter in prep for next years track season. Plenty of things to keep me busy/occupied/pissed off over the next few months!

Completely strip the interior (dash exempt)
Seal up any holes on the floor ie; axle grommets missing, previous seat belt bolts, probably some lovely rust
Degrease and clean interior then primer and respray Poseidon Blue
Remove excess wiring/weight (including myself)
Source OMP Corsica Suede wheel and boss
Source a new backbox (Supersprint/Kam racing/Piper)
Fit Morettes
Source a new induction setup and cold air feed running into the Morette
Source 205 Speedlines
Source 266mm Brake setup
Source a pair of buckets+frames/side mounts
Restore the bump strips etc using KKD Tyresol
Dewiper the rear

Quick picture of the Morettes as they are. In need of a refurb, but I quite fancy the challenge of prepping and spraying them myself...dear lord.

879bc02e56.jpg

Picture does no justice at all, they look much better on the car. Also came with the grill, just couldn't be bothered to Photograph.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Is that what the little calculator thing is in the middle ??

It looks far to clean and tidy to be turned into a track car.
It is indeed, sadly it does me no favours regarding Pythagoras theorem!

I'm just good at taking photo's is all (not really, but you get what I'm saying). Don't get me wrong, it's clean for a Mk1 VTS considering most Mk2's are ragged and rotten, but it doesn't come without issues. Few scratches, couple of hidden bits of damage underneath the VT kit. I want to maintain it's looks while upgrading the car itself. My other thought, how many times have you run into a fully caged ITB'd Mk1 VTS? I haven't seen many at all, so I want to make it the best I possibly can.
It'll take time, don't get me wrong...

Skoda Fabia VRS
Right then, some pictures of the Sunroof blank.

22412448873_ffd3440a4a_c.jpg

22641409729_e469567ec8_c.jpg

Very pleased with the outcome, considering this was picked up earlier in the week this was really the first time seeing it in the light for myself! Looks a very tidy job, alls needed now is to cut away the excess sealant but nothing much. A fair bit of weight saving has taken place also, it's really surprising just how much the sunroof (frame, glass, plastics altogether) weighs!

This is where she will be hiding over the next few months.
23044794051_38bb75dd70_c.jpg

Might have a bash at fitting the Morettes later on, but as of now I'm very very hungover and in need of some Cheese, Ham and Onion Tosties and to binge out on Pawn Stars.

Skoda Fabia VRS
So I thought I'd remove the front grill/headlights as I had a super early finish today. I noticed my engine bay is in a sorry state. Started de-greasing some of the front end, and remembered my KKD Tyresol arrived Monday. Not focused on the engine bay as such, but the grill/behind headlights etc. I'll let the pics do the talking.

22725064367_502781be14_c.jpg

22520854334_28cd544aed_c.jpg

22751308899_597f84c71b_c.jpg

23155186911_31a9b7fec7_c.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've always wondered etc, why is the top of the engine like that? Where has the plastic bit gone, and is that water??

Skoda Fabia VRS
I've always wondered etc, why is the top of the engine like that? Where has the plastic bit gone, and is that water??
I took the coilpack cover off it, although a lot of people do run it bare like that. It's some sort of sealant, not entirely sure. Basically the coilpack comes like that.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Morettes fitted today! Looking much more aggressive I think. Just need to sort out mesh for the grill, then a trumpet for the cold air feed and she should be done! Also cracked on with removing the driver and passengers seat, carpet (no pictures without carpet, but I think you can imagine what it looks like lol), and working out how to delete some wiring.

22845291729_842931dcd1_c.jpg

22819066807_a6caf4f911_c.jpg

22917448400_f7bdf525c8_c.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
I do appreciate the lights get mixed views, but I love them. They make the front end look more aggressive, I like how the black contrasts with the posi blue. I haven't binned the oem lights, as I do quite like them!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
After seeing them today, the lights don't actually look THAT bad ;)
I would love a VTS as a piss around/track car.

Skoda Fabia VRS
After seeing them today, the lights don't actually look THAT bad :wink:
I would love a VTS as a piss around/track car.
I'll take that! ;)

It is a fun car to drive, I just have a 'no s***s given' attitude as parts are dead cheap. Hoping by Spring this will be a lot different and a bit more special!

Skoda Fabia VRS
I'd love a go in one of these.
You literally feel like you're sat on the tarmac, surrounded by a sheet of 5mm aluminium (which isn't far off accurate!).

They're cracking fun for the money they go for, parts are at an all time low, make good gains from basic mods and weigh naff all!

Just bought the following which should arrive next week:
GAZ Gold rear dampers
Cobra bucket seats x 2
Adjustable subframes x 2
Sabelt 3 point Harness x 2
After market boss kit and momo wheel (they were thrown in with the above, why not!)

Nothing like running Billies up front and GAZ at the rear #mixedrace

Skoda Fabia VRS
Sat on my arse all weekend due to my parts getting delayed! Mums going to be pissed off having two bucket seats sat in the conservatory until the weekend 😂

Skoda Fabia VRS
Goodies!!

Excuse the s**t pics, not worth proper photo's really.

f2a87d4ff6.jpg

cc098716fc.jpg

I left the best until last.

9bd3a68c68.jpg

I got these GAZ Gold rear shocks for an absolute steal, perfect condition just look a little used! No leaks, perfect rubbers no perishes at all, over the moon.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Started her up earlier just so the battery doesn't die, and because I love the noise (mainly the noise!).

Excuse the squeaky Alternator belt, the weather seems to have taken it's toll..

Skoda Fabia VRS
Drivers side mount bolted down, subframe fitted to the bucket seat, and bolted down also. Harness has also been fixed in place (although not correctly as per the proportionate angle, no cage means no harness bars).

Progress will be slow with this now, as I've not too much left little thing wise I want to upgrade (bigger brakes, omp wheel, aero catches) and I also left my job last Thursday. I won't go into detail, but it just wasn't for me and I don't feel as though the company were what they first described, or made out they were. No bother, just I'll be jumping back with an agency in the New Year and doing whatever until I source an Apprenticeship that have the means to actually put me through College to get my Electrical qualifications.

Hopefully this will be taxed and insured in January so I can test out the GAZ Gold shocks and Faulkner 155lb springs!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Love the commitment, Joe!

Proper petrol head stuff this.
It's all slowly coming together, things just take time with the weather taking it's toll.

Not sure if I had said previously, but it's also a learning project for me. I've not done much mechanical work myself previously, so I'm trying to do as much as I can. Some things will be a piece of piss to most of you lot, such as the shocks for example. But we all have to start somewhere!
The plan was to remove the standard shocks and fit the GAZ's this afternoon, but the weather is on and off so I'll leave it for now.

Skoda Fabia VRS
The car has moved for the first time in over 6 weeks (roughly)!

The rear O/S brake was seized, and simply hitting it with a piece of wood (I'm in a class of my own as you can tell), she free'd up! Fitted the second bucket seat and harness properly (mocked up before, now all tightened up with washers+nuts where needed), tidied up some wiring and I'm feeling good. The car is absolutely shocking to drive. In the 45 seconds, it knocked, rattled, squeaked, vibrated and possibly tried to poison me from exhaust gasses...but I love it. It's completely 'asbo' to drive, cannot wait until the new year.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. :smiley:

Skoda Fabia VRS
Not much has changed, actually I'm not sure if anything has changed since I last posted.
Gave her the first clean of my ownership since the beginning of October this week! Came up pretty well (needs a DA to attack it, plenty of imperfections) snow foamed, Bilberry wheel cleaner (incredible stuff!), shampoo'd, rinsed and dried.

The weather in Wales today, believe it or not, was Sunny! So I headed off to my local Common (on top of a mountain for you city dwellers) which is literally in front of me, for some pictures.

23690836263_1110f19857_c.jpg

23690895633_3f711432e0_c.jpg

23949901829_e0d67ba105_c.jpg

23949890169_819560dd18_c.jpg

23689464694_b4fcf18b25_c.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It looked cool and old skool until you fitted the gashy Morettes. Other than that it's mint. I'd have not bought red seats either.