ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First project a Clio MK3 TCE 1.2 SX (girl owner)

Clio Mk3 tce
That looks really cool haha nice one....... looks like your getting stuck in and doing a lot on it too :up:

Thank you. I try and do as much as I can by myself. Enjoy doing things on my car. Lucky for me I have a boyfriend who is a machanic.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Great work and what a transformation! Car looks good. Are GT Tuning still going or are they used parts? I spent far too much on his parts back in the R5 days.

Clio Mk3 tce
Great work and what a transformation! Car looks good. Are GT Tuning still going or are they used parts? I spent far too much on his parts back in the R5 days.

Thank you. And yep they are still going but my things are just used parts.

So....this happened today...
DSC_0251_zpsyfipuypc.jpg

DSC_0252_zpscquczjx3.jpg

_20161003_154130_zpsivqic3j2.jpg

_20161003_154232_zps0uflv7v6.jpg

DSC_0260_zps6bsssjm0.jpg

_20161003_153906_zpsndmowzyc.jpg

Started by taking the old bumper off...Few modifications needed to be done to the car and the new bumper. But fitted well. Very happy with the end result and colour match :smiley:

When you say a few modifications are needed what do you mean, I will get one as long as it's kinda easy haha

Does it just Clip on or does it need screws here's there and everywhere

Clio Mk3 tce
When you say a few modifications are needed what do you mean, I will get one as long as it's kinda easy haha

Does it just Clip on or does it need screws here's there and everywhere

I had to cut a plastic part from my car to allow it to fit underneath. Nothing that was useful. You have to drill your own holes for screws etc. And cut out the holes for number plate lights. Been driving around today like I normally do and it's on fine. No movement.

Also you will need to jack up the rear of your car. Makes it much easier getting into the wheel arches as there are a couple of screes to undo in there.

Recommend getting a Haynes manual. Info can be found in there. Or just searching around online.

I am very pleased with mine :)

I had to cut a plastic part from my car to allow it to fit underneath. Nothing that was useful. You have to drill your own holes for screws etc. And cut out the holes for number plate lights. Been driving around today like I normally do and it's on fine. No movement.

Also you will need to jack up the rear of your car. Makes it much easier getting into the wheel arches as there are a couple of screes to undo in there.

Recommend getting a Haynes manual. Info can be found in there. Or just searching around online.

I am very pleased with mine :smile:

That's good that it's not to much Agro, will buy once I've fitted my front mount and cup spoiler ✌️

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it

Clio Mk3 tce
Could anyone help me by getting me the door mouldings part numbers please :)
Both sides and front and rear for a 3 door.

Many thanks

Clio 197
Looks awesome.

Got a jasse splitter been faffing with for ages and makes me want to finish it seeing yours. Love the stuke splitter as well had them on eBay watch list for ages. They pretty easy to mount? Might be a sport rep rep going on soon lol.

And where are the carbon door handles from?

Clio Mk3 tce
Looks awesome.

Got a jasse splitter been faffing with for ages and makes me want to finish it seeing yours. Love the stuke splitter as well had them on eBay watch list for ages. They pretty easy to mount? Might be a sport rep rep going on soon lol.

And where are the carbon door handles from?

Thank you. Out of curiosity, I'm wandering if the Jasse splitter fits your car? Thought the 197 was wider at the front compared to my dynamique?
And the stuke winglets that I have were easy to fit. Just a couple of screws drilled into my car. Simple :)
I brought the door handles on online, they were silvers. I got them hydrodippped.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Great update.

Although if I'm honest when I saw eye candy I was dissapointed lol.

Keep up the good work :)

Clio 197
Thank you. Out of curiosity, I'm wandering if the Jasse splitter fits your car? Thought the 197 was wider at the front compared to my dynamique?
And the stuke winglets that I have were easy to fit. Just a couple of screws drilled into my car. Simple :smile:
I brought the door handles on online, they were silvers. I got them hydrodippped.
197 is wider but with a bit of handy work it can be made to fit. Have to trim the lip off of it and comes up a little short but enforceable with some filler

Got bumper off for head lights this weekend so planning to play with it.

Look smart was going to spray mine how much is dipping?

Clio 197
That's it mocked up in June (haven't dragged my feet fitting it at all)

Attachments

• received_10154609090215990.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 173
  Clio Mk3 tce
197 is wider but with a bit of handy work it can be made to fit. Have to trim the lip off of it and comes up a little short but enforceable with some filler

Got bumper off for head lights this weekend so planning to play with it.

Look smart was going to spray mine how much is dipping?

There's aways some cutting here and there haha. The headlights sound like a plain to change? Lucky I haven't had to do it yet. The mock up looks good. Would like to see pics when it's done!
Well I got a pretty good deal as I had a lot of things done all together. Not sure price individually.

Clio Mk3 tce
Added some stickers to the engine cover... :)
DSC_0268_zpsv3s3fbdu.jpg

Before I did anything else I put a seal across the bonnet to help stop anymore grime and dirt getting in...
DSC_0272_zpsrqlezbu3.jpg

Put my battery cover back on and began to install my oil catch can...
DSC_0271_zpsls3cevop.jpg

On my engine there is two pcv returns.
One goes to the intake hose. Second goes to the inlet manifold that only operates on vacuum because of a one way valve. But I have removed the valve and blanked off so the oil catch can is collecting from the main return. (intake hose circuit) and it doesn't cause any idling problems.
DSC_0270_zpsg8mr0eko.jpg

Bit of a struggle getting the hoses to fit on the hose tails.
DSC_0273_zpsxyhu59ej.jpg

Oil catch can is securely attached to my battery cover...
DSC_0274_zpsb3axelim.jpg

And the final outcome.
DSC_0276_zpsfcgioehr.jpg

DSC_0278_zpsmbvtoazk.jpg

Clio Mk3 tce
Next was my front mouldings and foglight surrounds. Swapped the old for the new. After a bit of cleaning...
DSC_0281_zps4nkr7jw7.jpg

DSC_0282_zpsadwdnqab.jpg

DSC_0283_zpsh1wwwhcz.jpg

DSC_0284_zpsaixq0qq1.jpg

Also fitted my door handle covers using body kit adhesive...they are still setting.
DSC_0288_zpseruedtgs.jpg

Will post more pics when weathers good. And my car is clean!
Next came the gear knob...which took the longest to fit.
DSC_0286_zpsrqlw3xmn.jpg

DSC_0287_zpsbjj65brg.jpg

Momo..as they match my seat belt covers and it's one of my nicknames. Haha :)

A very productive day!

Next was my front mouldings and foglight surrounds. Swapped the old for the new. After a bit of cleaning...
DSC_0281_zps4nkr7jw7.jpg

DSC_0282_zpsadwdnqab.jpg

DSC_0283_zpsh1wwwhcz.jpg

DSC_0284_zpsaixq0qq1.jpg

Also fitted my door handle covers using body kit adhesive...they are still setting.
DSC_0288_zpseruedtgs.jpg

Will post more pics when weathers good. And my car is clean!
Next came the gear knob...which took the longest to fit.
DSC_0286_zpsrqlw3xmn.jpg

DSC_0287_zpsbjj65brg.jpg

Momo..as they match my seat belt covers and it's one of my nicknames. Haha :smile:

A very productive day!

how did you find taking off the gear nob, any tools used or used brute force ?

Clio Mk3 tce
how did you find taking off the gear nob, any tools used or used brute force ?

I couldn't do it myself. For this one i got my boyfriend to help. Used brute force and tools. Started twisting with hands and then used tools to pull the little plastic bit from the middle. I've cut mine down as well.

I couldn't do it myself. For this one i got my boyfriend to help. Used brute force and tools. Started twisting with hands and then used tools to pull the little plastic bit from the middle. I've cut mine down as well.

That's the exact answer I didn't wanna hear, just revived me new gear knob haha thanks for your ever supporting help :)