ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nürburgring 2009 project .......

Golf TDI
im hoping to get my car onto a local weigh bridge then i will know exactly whats been lost .. :) im quite used to it being stripped now so i cant really remember what it WAS like but it feels alot more raw to drive as you can here everything working i.e the engine and the road beneath you . i love it , very reccomended .

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
im not trying to make the car look " mint " as such , its more about the performance . the sunstrip is there as i dont have a headliner / sun visors ;) otherwise i wont be able to see ( unless i carry sunglasses in deceber lol ) and the tax disc as there because ....well .... i like them there :approve: lol

Amen.

Function over form all day long.

Golf TDI
right as you see all over the forum peoples ph 1 172 and also ph 2 lose a bit of power after many miles and many years of use , as mine is now coming up to being 8 years old i want a fairly true reading on what its actually running , so i got on the phone today and im now booked in for tomorrow morning to get it on the rollers . tbh i will be happy with anything over 162 bhp as i have seen some shocking cases of how peoples cars have lost power compared to what they had out of the factory . graph up tomorrow :p

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Mine (ph1) had a pampered, one-owner full Renault dealer service history life until 92k (a yr ago when I acquired it) - now, at 96k it is a lot quicker (due to being driven hard, like it's stolen, for the last 4k!).

Don't worry about rollers / numbers - they're not accurate anyway - just keep it well maintained and thrash it! :cool:

Golf TDI
^^ ha ha its nice to know what power its running , as then i can work out how much bhp per ton etc and once all the work i have planned has been done i can then see what gains iv made from it . im going with a mate who has a astra nurburgring , i wonder whose will be pushing more LOL

Clio X-85 Cup Car
Can I ask a silly question?
How much the whole project will go for to be ready?
I am asking cause you guys are in motorsport land. And escecially the 172/182 clio cup cars from what I 've senn are cheap to be baught ready and with a lot of spares. i.e. when I was looking for mine 197 X-85 cup car could find the 172/182 cup car about 10k GBP some even with spare body shell..... ;)

172 , looking for a 4x4 !
Going round the Nurburgring is nothing like a UK trackday...

What are the plans for the car?

Youre right there mate,the atmosphere is electric even if its not the best circuit in the world.

The whole package is just amazing as the town is full of petrol heads from everywhere.

If you get lucky like i did they might open up the Grand Prix section of it:D.

Dont go at easter though its waaay to busy!!!

Unless you like standing around in car parks waiting :clown:

Golf TDI
Update number 8

Right as you know today i took the old girl to the rollers to find out what power its running at ...heres the story :) travveling down to bedwas with a mate in the nurburgring ( what a lovely noise lol ) and a few others

PC301453.jpg

there we waited for the guy to open up ready ....

PC301454.jpg

then even though the front is only lowered on 40mm apex springs it was bloody close geeting it over the small bump and into the workshop

PC301456.jpg

and there she was on the rollers being lined up

PC301460.jpg

PC301462.jpg

everything ready it then done its two runs ....

PC301467.jpg

the dyno didnt record torque on the graph so i dont have any record fo that which is a shame but here are the results i got ....

PC301474.jpg

PC301473.jpg

so at the flywheel its recorded as 173.51 which at the wheels makes 134.10 . imo these are decent results as i was well chuffed . expecting about high 150's / low 160's being a 8 year old car . but to find it was up on power compared to when it came out of the factory . although its only by 1.51 lol then it was the astra's turn ...

PC301469.jpg

PC301472.jpg

i wont post the figures of the astra as they found it hard to get a decent reading with it overfueling after a remap but it did get to 160 mph !!! lol

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
All RRs are different as has been said many times before, but does look like a healthy result.

And that fan is tiny!

Golf TDI
the guy who owns the place reckons he done a remap on another 172 and got an extra 15 bhp from it . :O its around the £300 mark at this place for a remap but if that figure is true im sure we will all be flocking there as that sounds a bloody brilliant gain just from a remap !! opinions ?

Golf TDI
Confused at your results mate.

My RR result was 158.8bhp at the fly, which according to my other print out is 138.0bhp at the wheels?

Wondering if mine is wrong? You have a 39.41bhp loss?

he said there was quite a bit of loss at the wheels :S im sure he mention checking the gearbox level ?? im not sure what difference this would make ? any idea ?

Golf TDI
Can I ask a silly question?
How much the whole project will go for to be ready?
I am asking cause you guys are in motorsport land. And escecially the 172/182 clio cup cars from what I 've senn are cheap to be baught ready and with a lot of spares. i.e. when I was looking for mine 197 X-85 cup car could find the 172/182 cup car about 10k GBP some even with spare body shell..... ;)

where would be the fun/hobbie/project in that ?? :eek: it would all be done for me ;)

he said there was quite a bit of loss at the wheels :S im sure he mention checking the gearbox level ?? im not sure what difference this would make ? any idea ?

Wouldnt of thought any? Not to sure really.

Never thought my figures were correct any really. But i would of thought 40bhp loss is alot. My mate has an evo and that ran 380bhp, which was 288bhp at the wheels.

Golf TDI
that makes my loss sound tiny . he explained it all really well to me , about how by the time it goes through the driveshafts etc then onto the wheels blah blah blah . but did mention my valves seemed a bit out of timing ? to do with vvt ? and that maybe i should get the gearbox oil level checked and that would help the loss . all in all i was very pleased as i was expecting in the 150's . but also you cant really look to much into these figures as torque is obviously a major factor in it .

Golf TDI
so what do we think of this qouted figure of 15 bhp gain from the remap he can do ? because if this is the case doesnt this give twice the gain of k tecs remap ?

M

mini-valver

3 points to make, lol

1) That second figure is bullshit, yo have the same wheel power figure for both, but a higher trans. loss to give you a higher fly reading. The guy is a chimp.

2) 15bhp from a remap isn't going to happen, promise. The guy is a chimp.

3) The evo trans loss is because its 4WD, which takes away a lot f power from the flywheel figure. You guys are chimps!

Clio X-85 Cup Car
where would be the fun/hobbie/project in that ?? :eek: it would all be done for me ;)

The fun would be in stripping it appart and change what ever must be changed. Dont forget the cup cars have the sadev sequential which is amazing and the body is build for renault sport by MATTER and re inforced where it should be.
I was doing the same with my second race car in Greece and at the end I ended up paying a lot more than buy it ready made from the factory brand new.... :eek:

Neverthe less I must say congrats for all the time put in till now and the time you will put in the future to finish your project. Keep up the good work. ;)

Focus RS mk1
yeh the calculation from wheel to fly is wrong, mine made 145bhp at the wheels which was worked out to 172bhp at the fly which is around 20% loss (give or take couple of percent) through transmission. when i had mine cammed it then made 154bhp at the wheels. fly figures shouldnt even be looked at as it depends how they work it out. the wheel figure is most important as thats whats really happening

Definatly worth checking the timing if the belt has been done.

Last edited: