ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Natural Progression...

RB 182 Cup
Good day to you all.

On saturday I sold my beloved valver (some of you may remember it... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169268&highlight=freshly+cleaned+16v ) and im looking for something to replace her. I've been thinking of perhaps a Ph2 172, or a 172 cup (~03 reg). What I really want to know is, how do the three cars compare (valver/172/cup)? Im attracted to the turini's on the cup, and the little less weight, but the seats put me off slightly. Also do any cup's come with xenons as this is swaying me towards the FF. Who's made this move, and what would you suggest? Looking to spend around £5k.

Thanks in advance.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Well, I suppose you know the details, the lower weight etc. The Cup would be more like than the valver than the FF, being more basic and raw with the less sound deadening etc. But it comes down to, do you fancy having a few more luxuries, or having not had them before, do you need them? It's not like you'll miss Xenons/Climate etc as the valver didn't have them.

Dan

Clio 172 mk2
Discussed at length almost on a daily basis

A search should bring up plenty of Cup Vs FF threads:D

+1 Neil, it's well worth doing a search.

I had a mint valver ages ago, I looked into getting a 172 or a 172 cup, decided that the 'step up' wasn't great enough, so bought a fiat coupe 20vt, good times !

RB 182 Cup
Matt, thanks for that mate, but not looking to buy just yet, in a couple of months.

Everyone else, thanks for your input.

RB 182 Cup
not really mate, like I said, ~£5k to spend, find me one for that money and i'll consider it!