ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Perfected and finished - Inlet manifolds

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I got one of these babies fitted to my car yesterday after going down to Angelworks. The modified areas are very smooth to touch and you can see the quality in Ben’s work and the tolerances he works to. Both parts of the inlet were steam cleaned and looked brand new once on the car. Once fitted and on the road I could feel the difference and it wasn’t just placebo. Thanx again Ben for your help.

VaVa
My 53 plate 172 had an RS manifold, but was exchanged when I had a reworked one fitted by Hillpower. Can't say I noticed a massive amount of difference tbh.

The RS manifolds when modified only touch up about 50% as much as a normal port since they are considerably larger than the non RS manifolds.

I got one of these babies fitted to my car yesterday after going down to Angelworks. The modified areas are very smooth to touch and you can see the quality in Ben’s work and the tolerances he works to. Both parts of the inlet were steam cleaned and looked brand new once on the car. Once fitted and on the road I could feel the difference and it wasn’t just placebo. Thanx again Ben for your help.

No problem, hope everything works out for you.

Hot wash, not steam cleaner lol ;P

Just so people dont think i hover outside with a steam cleaner haha.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
RSMANIFOLD2Small.jpg

R

rich[182]

If you have the RS one, is it still worth having this work done ? Even if less so ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
From what Ben says , yeah , just the RS manifold has less material to remove .

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ So in essence, less gains to be had than a normal "non RS" manifold??

Ben i want to have this done, you're bloody miles away though! Manchester to Bedford...ouch! Can you service while i'm down? Lol.

Tys.

^^ So in essence, less gains to be had than a normal "non RS" manifold??

Ben i want to have this done, you're bloody miles away though! Manchester to Bedford...ouch! Can you service while i'm down? Lol.

Tys.

Yea, service can be carried out at the same time and it cuts down on labour costs as a bonus since it makes it easier to get to the oil filter.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
BenR, do you do custom remaps? If so and I traveled down there, how much would you charge for a 24,000 mile service, a re-worked inlet manifold and a custom map?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I'm about 3k miles off 36,000, so i'll arrange to get this done in a month or two. Ben how much notice do you need?

Also, costings for 36k service and inlet work doing?

Tys.

tiTTy & SV650
good bit of engineering, CAD, computational fluid dynamics eh I'm impressed!

looks good and seems very good value.

Tys.

It's a piece of pish to get to Ben's, takes me about 2 hours to get there... done it in an hour and a half before. End of the M6 then onto the A14 for a bit and your there. I have a route if you want it PM me.