ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Perfected and finished - Inlet manifolds

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ Did a route planner before mate, said around 2hrs 18 mins, so i guess you drove quicker to achieve 1hr 30 mins! ;)

If you could send it, you're route maybe quicker than RAC's....

Thanks, Tys.

yeah I'll dig it out, but it's basically M56, M6 to the very end of it, A14 for a bit and you come off for Kimbolton iirc and it's about 5 mins of country lane driving.

... and yeah, I wasn't sticking too religiously to the speed limits...

Lol, i had a bet with someone that the first question would be 'how much power'.

Gains will still be in the region of 8-13bhp depending on which cylinder head/ex manifold combination your car happens to be stuck with (heads are CNC finished as stock but renault do use a few diff programs and core head castings), along with the quality of ring seal your particular engine has from its running history.

But to put it in simple english, if your going to get a gain from any manifold mod, this is the one that will give you the most.

I just happy that i no longer have to spend hours doing them by hand! lol

Just had this done to my Trophy which had an RS manifold on it.

The difference in the mid range is amazing for such a simple/cheap mod and the torque has changed my car so it feels like a Williams......

For the money I think this is the best mod I've ever had done to any Clio I've owned plus the B660 is a great road to drive.

If anyone wants a ride in my car to see what its like PM me.

:)

M2 Competition
^^ Did a route planner before mate, said around 2hrs 18 mins, so i guess you drove quicker to achieve 1hr 30 mins! ;)

If you could send it, you're route maybe quicker than RAC's....

Thanks, Tys.

Lol! It took me 3 hours to get to kimbolton... :S

M

mini-valver

Took me 2 hours to get there and an hour n half to get back, lol.
Ben, found a head but its £250 + VAT so will keep searching......

M

mini-valver

WHAT!

even a 172 head isnt that much.

Tell them to take a running jump, offer them £100.

Thats what i thought, might asell bend over ready for that much. Thats from MATT BLACK off here and £200 from Cliospares, lunacy. Will ring a couple more places tommorrow....

Cheers Ben thats great ill be in touch very soon :)

Is the 8-13bhp with just the manifold matched or this with a remap aswell?

Early 172's gain better than 182's, but those are figures seen as an average spead.

A remap just helps things even more.

So will your method offer a better gain over say, Nick Hills at Hillpower?

Which is more cost effective?

Not my place to comment, i've never seen one of nicks manifolds.

But CNC'ing allows micron perfect machining and replication every time. The manifolds are machined on a jig, so no matter what the casting is looking like comapred to the bolt and dowl hole locations, the holes (manifold runners) will always be in the same place relative to the head.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
great work ben..
I would like to know if these would still give any advantage to a 172 that is already pushing 180 bhp with light mods.
Im guessing my engine is already a goodun so would this help?
Ta iain

cup 182 mit stripes
This internets a double edged sword. Talk about familiarity breeding contempt. Bet you're queasy this close to your marks, sorry customers, Ben.

Cant 100% promise, totally depends what your current manifold is like.

And out of the batch of 30 plus countless hand modified ones, i've never come across one which doesnt need any work.

All i can say is that i'll offer a money back gaurantee if you dont like it.

This internets a double edged sword. Talk about familiarity breeding contempt. Bet you're queasy this close to your marks, sorry customers, Ben.

Not sure what your trying to say here mate......

Unless you have actually tried a car with this fitted to your not really in any position to pass judgement.

IMHO.

:)

FTO GPX Mivec
BenR, do you do custom remaps? ......

As MCG said, im also looking to come down and have the inlet job done, cambelt change and if possible the above remap?

Ben can you do the Remap also? other wise its road trip to swansea i think! on top.

cheers Ben

Octavia vRS tfsi
Emailed angel-works yesterday evening.

Would delivery to the ROI be much if anything extra? Are delivery costs to NI same as standard UK?

Tim, got the courior coming either friday or sat to pickup a large batch, i havent been at work during 'business hours' this week.

Nikon D700
Ben, ignore my email about the cost of the remap, the piggy bank only has enough for the inlets to get done.

Can you fit me on on Friday 16th?

no worries - thanks Ben - remember mine is the polished plenham (should say badly polished!) and that Ive paid for the CNC inlet now - sorry to nag