ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Perfected and finished - Inlet manifolds

Nikon D700
Might be able to afford a remap now... birthday money should be coming my way. How much (ish) should i be expecting to pay?

Do you have rollers to do it on?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i was at bens yday getting my inlets done and spoke to him about remapping. all ill say is that he will be able to sort out remapping but ill leave it to him to confirm prices and still. and riz the inlets didnt make any difference to mpg on the drive back to reading

the inlets are the best bang for buck mod ive done on my clio, gives a noticable difference straight away with drivability and i havent even had a remap yet, but im sure ill wait until ben sorts something out regarding remaps before i go ahead n splash out.

were waiting for the hardware to arrive, so its not far off.

Pricing still to be finalised, but wont be expensive at all.

Wont affect MPG at all, if so it'll be better as less energy is lost through turbulence.

Black 172 MK2
well iv got a week off in may so i will def be down then but touch wood alot sooner.

Sorry but we dont polish them, it takes an extraordinary amount of time to polish them unless you have staff who sit at massive buffing wheels or a superfinisher.

Fair enough. If i wanted a matched pair, are you able to send them and once recieved by me, ill then send you mine? this way my car is'nt off the road for very long!

How much would that work out to be?

Yes, exchange basis is what we offer for mail orders.

A £100 refundable deposit is required and returned when we recieve a usable replacement core.

FTO GPX Mivec
cheers for you update ben and ludapix....

im also hoping to come down in may for cambelt, inlet and remap, so that will be happy days :)... an another note.. been looking at the BMC induction kit, however not sure whether im clever enough to fit it myself or not :( how easy is it on a 172cup?

Geoff.

fantastic.......the front lower arms are starting to move a horrendous amount during hard cornering and the wheel shakes like buggery lol.

Tim, sadly i do not know any polishers, its not something i really indulge in :(. superfinishing is a special vibratory surface treatment where you pop your item into a big tub with the correct media and it vibrates it till its shiny.

cheers for you update ben and ludapix....

im also hoping to come down in may for cambelt, inlet and remap, so that will be happy days :)... an another note.. been looking at the BMC induction kit, however not sure whether im clever enough to fit it myself or not :( how easy is it on a 172cup?

Geoff.

If you've already got it, we'll throw it in FOC as its only 3 minutes more.

F&B

16v>Cup>25Anni>Cup>320cdM
Is this still worth doing with an RS inlet? Has anybody with an RS had it done and have before/after maps?

Cheers

I've seen one with an RS inlet and compared with the inlet matching and theres still quite a difference between the two , ok guarantee that you wont gain alot , but every bit helps

M2 Competition
Is this still worth doing with an RS inlet? Has anybody with an RS had it done and have before/after maps?

Cheers

Matt wills/ ralph wiggum both went from rs inlet's to ben r jobbies, and both noticed a difference. Ralph's car was noticeably more responsive.

Depends how unmatched your inlets are currently fella, and wont really know until they come off.

Cheers

My car was making below factory figures and after fitting Ben's inlet manifold it seems much freer to rev and definatley torquier.

I'm hoping to put it on the rollers again soon to get a before and after figure.

TBH though for the money I think this is the best mod out there plus Ben's a top bloke and rattles the cups like a star.

:)

MKIII 138
this is simply the best mod for the price and will bring your car upto speed.

great work !

now get some made for the meganesport

Hi Ben,

How long does it take to fit matched inlet manifolds?

I live in Henlow (near Bedford) so your about 45 mins away for me :cool: I would just have to sort out getting out of work.

Cheers

John

Clio Sport 172
Hi guys,

I'm reactivating this thread, as I have some questions (I'm not native english speaking and sometime it gets a bit difficult to understand, especially technical details).

I draw a picture for a better understanding. The numbers should stand for the transition diameters.

manifoldbg5.jpg

An here are the data as I understood when I read the first article written by benR.

Clio 172 MK1 and MK2 (stock)
1. ??
2. 46.18
3. 45.94
4. 49.99 (Cylinder Head entry)

RS Parts:
1. ??
2. 48.03
3. 48.14

AWT:
1. ??
2. 48.41
3. 51.00

Are these numbers correct (Did I understand it correctly)? What is the size of number 1?

So my question is. has someone done a dyno test before and after the modifications? I would like to see such a Diagram, before I invest the money (As I'm from switzerland, sending the part to UK is quite expensive).

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
going out on a limb id say that there will a company more local to you that can do this for you, its a fairly straightforward procedure

clio sport 182
yeah thats the one iv tryed mailing you on is just get an email back from postmaster sayn "computer sez no" lol

Clio Sport 172
going out on a limb id say that there will a company more local to you that can do this for you, its a fairly straightforward procedure

Probalby you're right. But are the numbers correct? And ist there a magnificatn gain in torque?