ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH-our days of... masking, papering and painting!

340i
Finally put the car back together last night.... Well the very few bits that go inside it, seats and belts? (which will shortly be replaced by some Cobra items)

Took the car to my friends garage, took the best part of 5hrs to prep the car... I can still smell the faint scent of thinners in my nostrils :dead:

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

I used 700ml of thinners the clean the surface (that was fun!)

three layers of synthetic egg shell black, which was exactly 1L + roughly 100ml'ish of thinners.

The car looks 100times better than its previous state and its absolutely perfect for night time driving, actually looks like the rear windows are tinted in the dark LOL!

The longest process was letting the paint dry to crawl back in the car :rolleyes:

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Yes I know they are terrible pictures... I blame my iPhone :eek:

Will get some proper ones up once the car has its new seats and a DAMN GOOD CLEAN (will accept any offers of free PC'ing)

Comments welcome

BG182®
Mmm the smell of paint thinner... Nom nom nom.

Makes a huge difference to the appearance. Odd to say but looks a lot more neat and tidy.

340i
good work son

filled / plated the spare wheel spike?

I went through the process of

1. hack saw

2. Grinder

3. Grinder

4. Sand paper

5. Grinder

And that got its pretty much as flat and none perturbing as I could... Still has a slight ridge though

340i
Mmm the smell of paint thinner... Nom nom nom.

Makes a huge difference to the appearance. Odd to say but looks a lot more neat and tidy.

Yes it really does make the car look a more tidy inside, almost minimalistic?!.. I shall be draping a few pieces of CF over the rear quarter holes, Should look spot on then (Hopefully!)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Does this mean that you wont be able to store our spare wheels any more incase they scratch it ??? :D

Looks good though, much prefered ours once it was painted as well.

340i

ROFFLE.... :rasp:

Does this mean that you wont be able to store our spare wheels any more incase they scratch it ??? :D

Looks good though, much preferred ours once it was painted as well.

I am going to weld to boot shut... nobody can scratch the immaculate paint work hahahaa...

The paint makes so much difference to the look of the car!

340i
Looks good mate!! In two minds whether to do mine black or keep it white??

I was debating for awhile weather to do the inside same as the outer colour....

But I think it would be a struggle to get a "perfect" match, also black covers everything AND is awesome for night time driving :D

340i
aii almost there now..

Seats next week + harnesses

dash should be flocked this week some time

then some fancy door cards (need to save some pennies for those meeeeh)

340i
LOL at Dave... ;) your right in the middle of the Derbyshire people, surely that makes you the King of CS Derbyshire?

BMW E46 330i Touring
It'll be like a blue version of Neil's... ;)

Looks good, the matt black gives a cool plastic-like finish to the rear.

PMSL.........first time ive seen this mate!! awesum work:).....loveing the ghetto masking up, brings back memorys does that...can do them seats when your over if you like?? thats if youve not done them in the meantime!!!:D

xx

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yes I know they are terrible pictures... I blame my iPhone :eek:

Will get some proper ones up once the car has its new seats and a DAMN GOOD CLEAN (will accept any offers of free PC'ing)

Comments welcome
Bout time Gray iv been waiting for these pictures for ages!

When is the cobra stuff going in? looks a million times better. You just need to get rid of the deep fart exhaust :rasp:

And i take it the above was aimed at moi ;) If you come to FCS we will prep our cars together. im going to view the RB 182 tomorrow :cool:
and also this for good measure:
[YOUTUBE]LfXKkNo7YZ8[/YOUTUBE]