ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RACELAND COILOVER DISCUSSION THREAD

Ph1 172
jst fit mine and im not sure on the camber! where abouts did people set the camber adjusting bolt too?

I set mine up initially with close to 0 degrees camber as possible - spirit level up against the brake disc (car was on ramp). Will try adding +1 degree of camber once I've replaced the front tyres this weekend.

172 Cup
I did same. pumped tyres up to be pretty solid and sat car on my garage floor and with a large set square and a little pythagoras managed to approximate 1 degree. Going to get set up properly once bedded in; few weeks time.

Ph1 172
cheers for the replys!
what i did was jst twist the bolts so its as close to normal as possible. cuz with the bolts it seen as it can only give u normal or more neg camber?

...and best of all my insurance only added on £15 for the non standard suspension! :D

Who's this with ?

5k on mine now and still no problems. Keep messing around with the ride height as well as I go between 15" and 16" wheels and new an old tyres. Back down to 53 at the front with only slight scrubbing round the works multi storey.

The back is an arse to adjust, but jack the car up and loosen the small allen key bolt. You can adjust using the C spanner and a rubber mallet.

Still the £160 bargain of the decade. LOL @ the £249 price.

Any pics mate ?
And whats the did it work out at measuring from ground to wheel arch edge in the centre ?

IIRC it was 57cm but the bit of paper was destroyed in the following rain!

Ah right.

You got any pics mate ?

b/g 182, meg tourer
my oem front dampers might need replacing soon. would people with the raceland coilovers fitted recommend them? how are you finding them? i dont want to go stupidly low (40mm all round from standard height) and i want to keep a fairly comfortable ride quality (like sportlines).

Ph 1 172
Done 1000miles on mine now and well impressed thy are a little firmer than standard but it's obviously going to happen whne you lower a car! But they are a good build quality and handle better than oem as well on b roads would definatly get a set

182 FF
If anyones interested did a trackday at Mallory Park on the Raceland Coilovers over the weekend, and they performed excellently. I did mallory on standard dampers/eibachs late last year and they do make a difference:

1. Less roll on the corners so you can push harder (Gerrards)
2. Less dive on braking and less squat on acceleration
3. I think this is the most important bit, that the car is a lot more predictable and after you've had a enough driving the best lines you can, its great fun to fling the little thing round the track and its 100% more balanced imo.

The car is standard apart fom drivers bucket and harnesses, 15" wheels on yoko paradas, and ferodo ds2500's. Highly recomended:cool:

172, Tiguan
Can anyone confirm the hex key (allen key) needed to loosen off the nut on the rear platforms is 3.5mm?

Mine are an arse to adjust at the back, and this sodding locking nut is problem number 1!

172, Tiguan
They're fine for me. I don't need proper coilovers to be faster than you Dave. Plus I saved hundreds, but thanks for the useful input.

e91 330d/type r mini
has anybody gone from sportlines to these and would you think it would be a worthy upgrade? i would like mine to sit lower as well as handle as it sits like a 4x4 on sportlines now that it stripped and looks a t**t. i do like how mine handles at the moment just wondered weather it would be worth parting with my money to change.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just a quick one for people who fitted them.

Do you swap over the rear bushes for raceland specific ones? I swapped over yesterday and the raceland ones fitted the standard ones ok but the top washer is very close to the lip on the strut tower.

Also are the camber bolts at the front part of the kit or were they already on my car and transferred over? It was raining far to hard to take everything apart to find it wouldnt work and I'd be left without a car to use.

Cheers
John

e91 330d/type r mini
Just a quick one for people who fitted them.

Do you swap over the rear bushes for raceland specific ones? I swapped over yesterday and the raceland ones fitted the standard ones ok but the top washer is very close to the lip on the strut tower.

Also are the camber bolts at the front part of the kit or were they already on my car and transferred over? It was raining far to hard to take everything apart to find it wouldnt work and I'd be left without a car to use.

Cheers
John
the camber bolts come as a part of the kit you will only need to use the bottom bolt off of your existing shocker.
i used the bushes provided and mine also sat very close to the tower aswell but seems ok on the road :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So when refitting teh standard shocks I really need the standard bushes as well then? Having not bought the kit originally I didn't know what came with it.

Megane RS 250
I'm thinking of getting a set next week...i've got stock wheels on the 172, do you think a set of 15 mm spacers would be a good idea to fill the arches and give it a bit more stability?
Do I risk to scrub the wheels with them and the raceland?

If I have a vat number does k-tec sell them vat not included? Some german sellers on ebay do that.

Last edited:
  1.2 16valve sport
ok fitted mine today will get pics soon.

Had eibach sportlines on before and i think these are so much better, handles much better and hasent even been set up yet and the stance is just sexy. Ill get pics asap

Arctic Blue FF 182
Does anyone know if these are still available for non-sports. Maybe a link, as i can't find them :-(

03 RS clio 172 flameR
Had mine for 3-4 months now from the original K-tec groupbuy (£200).

all i can stay is they are still bargain of the year.

they have had a full trackday on outlon park, preformed very well, drive the car every day, done about 3000-4000 miles on them and no problems what so ever.

buy buy buy.

172 with k-tec sound
havent seen them anywhere, although im sure k-tec will get some more in.
mine have been perfect since i fitted them, (once i had them setup lol),
find the handling gives me 100% confidence in the twisties, and the ride is not bad at all not too crashy and not too firm, im totaly happy and can report no problems at all

172 Cup
Thats me done not far off 10k with these 'cheap' coilovers on my 172 Cup, only had to adjust them after few weeks after they settled but am more than happy with them, probably best bang pre buck mod I have done on a car, overjoyed with them!! :D

182 FF
I paid £200 for mine of ebay. They are good compared to the standard set up on track, but to be honest they are a pain for day to day driving on our potholed speedbumped roads, especially if you run bucket seats with less padding, or wheels bigger than 15". Dont know if the likes of kw are better day to day but tbh I would think hard before changing them for an everyday driver as they might just ruin the car for you imo. They do remind you how good the std set up is for day to day but if you want you car to get that "stance" you will buy them anyway or something similar

Nissan 370Z
Fitted mine and the front wheel on the front of it, is only sitting like 5mm from the plastic arch and is rubbing, can I just rip it off?

Clio 182
Guys, has anyone got a picture of what you use from your old shock?
I have the raceland coilovers, with the black cap ontop of the spring, i then used the big rubber mount from the old spring and put it on top of the raceland one..then screwed them in?