ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Racer – Project Thread!

ITB'd 182...
sorry. thort they were because of the renault sport logo on them.

how much extra was that on top of the suzukas?

182 trackday racer
Hello Dave!

Those brake ducts look great! Im in urgent need for a similar solution for my Clio 182. So i wonder about those alu plates did you buy them or did you manuafacure them??

Also wonder how you attaced the hoses to the foglight holes??

Cheers / M

Yes the steering wheel is from R Sport.

The brake duct plates were made by Mark Fish, I gave him the dimensions for the ones that R Sport supply

Hose was just pushed into the foglight holes, its a very tight fit its not going anywhere ... i hope!

I cleaned up the rear tar patch ... not sure what to dp with the mess over the welded part, guess im going to have to paint the interior sooner than planned.

RearTar.gif

182 trackday racer
Dave would you mind to give me the dimensions of those plates? Im thinking about making my own set.

Have you been on the track with this cooling solution yet? If so any feedback on the function of the cooling?

no i only picked the plates up on thursday and fitted them over the weekend. Wont be on track untill middle of June, there not going to be as effective as the race car ducts becasue they are flush with the bumper, but at speed air should travel through and hit the calipers. I wont be able to tell how good the cooling is as i havnt been on track with the 4 pot set up before.

I dont have the dimensions to hand, next time i jack the car up ill try and rememeber to measure them.

172 Cup
Really good progress on this mate, I've been lurking on the forum for a while now and I've got to say this is my favourite project

cheers guys

no idea on the floor pan, i think thats how 182s are as they welded a flat floor in, maybe the later shells are different

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i obviously know they differ from 172's due to the zaust etc.... not sure between early and late ones....etc etc....thats too in depth lol.

i just found it interesting that it looks like its been welded in yet the pattern on the boot floor matches everywhere....

can you still get the tow eyes dave?

its been a while!

Car is now fully stripped and taken all the tar out ... except for the bit on the roof, will tackle that one day.

random picture of rear bump stops from today,

BumpstopLarge.gif

Fitted my rear race car tow eye, didnt have a chance to cut the black plastic strip before it rained. will do that tomorrow.

(thanks to ben_P for the M16 nuts and washers!)

RearTowEyeLarge.gif

RearTowEye1Large.gif

RearTowEye2Large.gif

I was getting annoyed with the BTB exhaust as it looked a mess and i needed new mounts so i took it all off when my decat arrived yesterday and cleaned it up.

New parts, 2 rear mounts, decat, manifold to cat fit kit and cat to centre section clamp + hot paint!

Im going to refer to this as doing a "paul", im not proud that i have painted an exhaust but it looks much better and tidyer. I also did NOT clean every little part under the car!

Anyway ...

ExhaustLarge.gif

Exhaust1Large.gif

Exhaust2Large.gif

Exhaust3Large.gif

Exhaust4Large.gif

Exhaust5Large.gif

Exhaust6Large.gif

Exhaust7Large.gif

Exhaust8Large.gif

Exhaust9Large.gif

Exhaust10Large.gif

Exhaust11Large.gif

Exhaust12Large.gif

Exhaust13Large.gif

Exhaust14Large.gif

Exhaust15Large.gif

Exhaust16Large.gif

Exhaust17Large.gif

Exhaust18Large.gif

Exhaust19Large.gif

Exhaust20Large.gif

Exhaust21Large.gif
Exhaust22Large.gif

Exhaust23Large.gif

Exhaust24Large.gif

Exhaust25Large.gif

Exhaust26Large.gif

Exhaust27Large.gif

Exhaust28Large.gif

Turbo Beige
Erm, why have you painted a stainless exhaust system????

It will get stone chipped and flake off without being etch primed and will look 100 times worse than it 'may' have looked before!!

pauls in a league of his own because he actually cleans the underneith of his car!

not sure when ill get seats, gunna spend the money on some trackdays first

tell me about it, i finshed uni last month and have done nothing for the last 2 weeks except work on the car between the excessive rain!

182 trackday racer
Dave would you mind to give me the dimensions of those plates? Im thinking about making my own set.

Have you been on the track with this cooling solution yet? If so any feedback on the function of the cooling?

Have you had a chance to check the dimentions yet?

Have you had a chance to check the dimentions yet?

Nope, lost my locking wheel nut key so cant get the wheels off! Replacement will be here in a few days so ill measure them for u.

Black Gold Trophy
Am I missing something when it comes to 2118s? Why do people go for them? Do they offer some sort of handling advantage because I would have thought the standard 16s with 45 profile tyre would give less tyre roll and better handling?

cup races didnt use the magnesium wheels because they cost too much, i got the 2118's because i prefer them to the turinis and std wheels.

the car is now finish, will put a final update on one day