ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport Clios - great on the right road, rubbish the rest of the time. Discuss

PS 200
Re: RenaultSport Clios - great on the right road, rubbish the rest of the time. Discu

The point i'm trying to make is you struggle to find a car that does everything well. Its either unrefind around town, poorly built but brilliant fun when the time is right or you get one that is brilliant around town, well built, luxurious but just not quite as raw and fun.
The FF200 comes pretty close to ticking most of those boxes :cool:

So long as you don't want to look at the nose ;)

clio 172
Re: RenaultSport Clios - great on the right road, rubbish the rest of the time. Discu

When i got my Ph1 172 the other day i absolutely loved it, refined, relatively quick and tbh i'm pretty sure it handled better than my old Evo VIII MR, unfortunately the engine only lasted 2 hours tho!

To the OP

Welcome to the nail club, i know exactly what your talking about, I've thought of getting rid of mine too.

but everytime i look at her shes beautiful and when its not wet its a joy to drive, so i forgive it for its s**tness, but it does get frustrating when you fix something and all is well moments later something else breaks :mad:

I have a 182 and I totally agree with this sentiment. I've had it since April and spent a fortune on several bits that have broken off/stopped working and need to be replaced! However I look at it on the drive and thing damn that looks nice. I get out on a B-road and think damn this is the most fun B-road car I've driven.

I'm still considering selling it due to the constant breakdowns costing me loads of money, but what else could you get for the money that is as much fun and still practical for everyday use? Not much I'd say! Plus as we know, it's a Renault so it's bound to rattle and fall apart after a while :)