ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
na not into the TT idea.

think il break 3 world records...........

the first person to fit a supercharger to a F4R in the uk
the first person to fit a supercharger and throttle bodies to a F4R in the uk
the first person to fit a supercharger and throttle bodies to a F4R in the world

nope to 1
possibly yes to 2 & 3

who has done 1?

no idea what the person is called, but it's running a rotrex charger, thats about as much as I know... it's not on bodies as well though, I dont even know what the spec is apart from it has a rotrex procharger... sorry Ben! :eek:
I'll try and get more details of it. iirc it's a Cup as well, so will certainly be faster ;) lol

Ben, what did you remove to get the weight down 200kg's, as I want a 150kg+ saving on mine if it's easy enough to do. I'm worried about parts that I remove that will end up getting ruined on removal mainly, just in case it ever went back to standard

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lots and lots,
most in the engine,

then all the interior down to the shell, tar stuff, carbon fibre seats, bulkhead lining, alloy/fibreglass bonnet, brakes, suspension etc

well, lets assume I have carbon/kevlar buckets and lightweight subframes, what am I looking at removing to get the car down to 850-900kg's without butchering parts? I'm going with the obvious, rear seats, spare, all carpet and sound deadening so far, but thinking of keeping door cards (mainly for neatness). How many KG's will that roughly shave?

no idea what the person is called, but it's running a rotrex charger, thats about as much as I know... it's not on bodies as well though, I dont even know what the spec is apart from it has a rotrex procharger...

Was it the company who came on here requesting a test car? It cant have gone that well as they didnt come back and tell us the results and price of the kit etc.

With an SC conversion cam profile should be different. Because you are forcing air in you dont want any valve overlap (inlet and exhaust) otherwise you will be forcing air out of the exhaust valve before you burn the mixture. I think you need bigger exhaust duration to get rid of the extra gases aswell. Whats BenR doing about that side of things?

Black-Gold 182
I don't think we shoud let Ben_p drive this thing when it's finished - it should be put on a big display stand so we all can admire it- it's going to be too good to drive!

no idea what the person is called, but it's running a rotrex charger, thats about as much as I know... it's not on bodies as well though, I dont even know what the spec is apart from it has a rotrex procharger...

Was it the company who came on here requesting a test car? It cant have gone that well as they didnt come back and tell us the results and price of the kit etc.

With an SC conversion cam profile should be different. Because you are forcing air in you dont want any valve overlap (inlet and exhaust) otherwise you will be forcing air out of the exhaust valve before you burn the mixture. I think you need bigger exhaust duration to get rid of the extra gases aswell. Whats BenR doing about that side of things?

not sure, dont remember seeing any threads about that... not really seen or heard much about chargers for the Clio's at all on here, but I know it's already been done at least once in this country.

it may have been an amazing conversion, who knows, but it's also worth considering the nature of Clio Sport is just to **** anyone that isn't one of the special tuners off. They probably read some threads and thought f**k this lol

not sure, dont remember seeing any threads about that... not really seen or heard much about chargers for the Clio's at all on here, but I know it's already been done at least once in this country.

IT WAS WRC-TECH BASED IN SILVERSTONE

LOLOL.

Fuckabout lol.

i know someones had pics up on here before of a clio thats been supercharged they had it working but werent going to sell it as it would only be limited to cups or clio's with ac removed and that would limit the numbers even further so it never went ahead

novidem did an SC conversion for 1*2 but it never got past the developement stage.

http://www.novidem.ch/

Cost of conversion (4k) vs cost of car meant they didnt think it was commercially viable ie. no-one would buy one.

Apparently they had technical difficulties with the inlet manifold cracking aswell.

Claimed power was 240bhp on a standard engine but around standard torque figures.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
delivery.

phone009.jpg

phone010.jpg

phone011.jpg

Ben this might sound stupid but why start with a 172 why not a 1.2 and buy the conversion kit after all nothing realy gonna stay in the car and it could have been cheaper.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
dash slow but im hoping to make the FG mould on sunday,

ITB's i have DHT ally
custom ally plenham

etc

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
so do i :) im sure all will come good

As long as your happy with what he tells you fella. Have you had any updates off him to show proof of any progress?

yea he rings quite a bit, the boddies, pistons and rods look good. its not biuld yet i know that and the head is half done. prob about 2 months off.

it has been a while but i did change the spec many times like now i finally got my high comp pistons but now need low comp LOL!

im going down next week for a chat so will grab some pics.

clio f7r with bodies
firstly this is going to be a beast! and congrats on going totally down a different route than the norm!
imagine the noise of the bodies and the whine of the charger!......................... yep i think ive just shot me load!
also i bet ben r will do a fab job as usual, i dont understand why "the jesus" is so quick to jump on him, gdi pay you to sing there praises night and day and **** of ben r? his work as we all know is second to none.

clio 200 F4Rt
firstly this is going to be a beast! and congrats on going totally down a different route than the norm!
imagine the noise of the bodies and the whine of the charger!......................... yep i think ive just shot me load!
also i bet ben r will do a fab job as usual, i dont understand why "the jesus" is so quick to jump on him, gdi pay you to sing there praises night and day and **** of ben r? his work as we all know is second to none.

u wont hear the bodies. Sealed air box and through the Rotex charger.

Have a mate with a 106 running bodies and charger and all u hear is charger!

still, will sound cool none the less!

delivery.

phone009.jpg

phone010.jpg

phone011.jpg

:approve:

AWT's Supercharged, DTH bodied, custom plenham'd, cammed, low comp blah blah blah

vs

GDIs generic Jenvey OMEX ITB builds

Appears on paper to be no contest. I am sure TheJesus will tell us why GDI do it better.;)

The charger is very compact :cool:

I assume boost is changed by different wheel sizes. Is the bracket going to allow adjustment for different size wheels so you can take the slack out of the belt?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yes it has a built in adjuster.

Sorry havent done much work in it, in the last few weeks i have;

1, fitted a new front end, radiator, coolent lines on my brothers A3 DSG
2, Changed the waterpump and belts on a opal manta
3, fixed Ads crap 172

But i will update ASAP

Last edited:

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
yeah, i mean, but i suppose it is good that it has the supercharger...

like that vid of chris n nics cup vs TheJesus TB'd... the cup had it for a mince meat.. very odd.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
delivery.

phone009.jpg

phone010.jpg

phone011.jpg

:approve:

AWT's Supercharged, DTH bodied, custom plenham'd, cammed, low comp blah blah blah

vs

GDIs generic Jenvey OMEX ITB builds

Appears on paper to be no contest. I am sure TheJesus will tell us why GDI do it better.;)

i'd wait till its running properly before any comparisons are made,that yellow 106 never run properly and even run out of fuel on track

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
until he took it to GMC. now its fixed. but the original map was s**t and caused mega bore wash (too much fuel)

then when it was fixed as the engine was damaged so much from the old map the crank snapped

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i would have to change the headlights etc.

i dont think it would add more weight. as it would have fibreglass doors, bonnet and boot

VRS
im50/50 on the super 1600 kits, some look really cheap and chavvy like v6 wannabes but then some look good from certain angles

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i know.. ahhh

i was about to spend £700 on a snap-on tool chest (which i dont really need LOL)... but if i dont... i can buy this

my cousin will paint it FOC

i know.. ahhh

i was about to spend £700 on a snap-on tool chest (which i dont really need LOL)... but if i dont... i can buy this

my cousin will paint it FOC

You will need bigger wheels with more offset and/or spacers which might screw the handling up.

Not sure what the suspension setup is on the Super 1600's. TheJesus will probably help us out though..........