ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet (RS2 style) for 182

clio rs 2000
Also horrified at the sellers response! Not sure if poor translation or generally agressive. Mistakes happen, it's the way they get dealt with that makes it though!

i am a little bit aggresive mate thats true but this doesnt explain why ads writes here different and me different on pms
he bought this kit after messaging me 20 times, i sold 15 kits total in europe and only 1 left, everyone is happy for the results except 1 or 2 person
it is easily seen that he is manipulating the tread, dont know what he wants to do also think that he dont know what he wants

everyone is free to buy what theywant, we are not selling anything by forcing people
i dont know the meaning of prick i think its a good thing
maybe you are the king of the pricks mate :D

As said they've been datalogged, not dyno'd so its seeing what the AFR's are.

I'll quickly explain what ive done while im waiting for the graph to upload.

Datalogs taken with an RSTuner pro, wideband data provided by an Innovate LM2. These were taken back to back, SM inlet, then the stock inlet (albeit matched with KTR IK) and then the RS2. Datalogs taken of AFR, Duty cycle, IGN Adv, Air temp etc. for the graph Ive narrowed it down to JUST AFR/Engine speed. Figure we'd like to see is between 12.5 - 13.2AFR. Leaner is better (Means more air is being flowed, thus making it leaner, which means the x inlet is better at that point)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Dan just off topic slightly, quick question.

Have you or anyone you know have experience with the Rs tuner on a Megane

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Not looking forward to this but i suppose it could save me some money in not getting it mapped if its not worth it......

Clio 200
These flat out runs then with the ECU in open loop? out of interest when does the Clio drop closed loop, certain throttle % and/or rpm's?

AFR/duty cycle/Engine speed.
BE5247AA-50D9-4F9D-8EF9-362C7BDC2E9D.jpg

Ignore low down RPM as this is the airflow being too low on the tailpipe sniffer. what we're looking for is a low duty cycle line and high afr line. This means its flowing less fuel and running lean, take the STD inlet one as the bench for this, if its higher than the stock duty cycle and is higher than the stock afr then this means x inlet is flowing better than standard. if its below the afr of the stock inlet and lower on duty cycle this means its worse.

Perfect point to pick this out on is at 3600rpm where it looks like the SM is flowing better, but its actually the duty cycle being brought down by lambda control.

These flat out runs then with the ECU in open loop? out of interest when does the Clio drop closed loop, certain throttle % and/or rpm's?
Closed loop until 4500 rpm, completely bone stock map for reference purposes. if I was given dyno time I would've taken my spare Gen90 and done them back to back like that.

So for basic people with basic understating of stuff?

That looks like a drawing that I would do of a countryside.
AFR high and duty cycle high, means its flowing well. if its low and low, then its flowing badly. high AFR and high duty cycle means the car wants more fuel to coincide with the more air its now seeing.

As we see, the RS2 duty cycle is pretty much higher than the rest, yet the AFR is near enough always on top, this means its flowing a lot better.

Last edited:

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
It looks to me like they are all so close it doesnt make either the rs2 or the sm2 inlet worth bothering with.....

172 Turbo
The RS2, it has the highest Duty cycle and AFR after 5500rpm. followed by the stock inlet, followed by the SM.
Hopefully, you'll get to work your magic on AD52 again soon! Do you recommend any cams with the RS2 or are the improvements not worth it? I believe the belts/timing was fiddled with after you changed it.

Hopefully, you'll get to work your magic on AD52 again soon! Do you recommend any cams with the RS2 or are the improvements not worth it? I believe the belts/timing was fiddled with after you changed it.

I'm adjusting ads's timing tomorrow and will do another datalog to show the benefits, it is also being xtra'd but i'll have to do this at the same time but it wouldnbt be a massive change on that alone tbh, this was done at the weekend as I had a spare moment and was curious.

Clio 200
Closed loop until 4500 rpm, completely bone stock map for reference purposes. if I was given dyno time I would've taken my spare Gen90 and done them back to back like that.
Cool, nah it's a top effort with all you can use at your disposal.

So the line like / is the duty cycle? the line like \_ is the AFR yep? and the flat -- line is the ign?