ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Streamline Carbon Project Clio 172 Cup

bic

Land Rover Discovery
bonnet and spoiler at the bodyshop awaiting some paint, then back to me to finish off. Steering wheel thumb grips off and being moulded next week, we are going to try and go for moulded edges to retain exact oem fit and look, nothing but the best :)

cliothumbs2.gif

cliothumbs1.jpg

Door mouldings going for lacquer on Monday too :)
cliosides1.gif

bic

Land Rover Discovery
I think so too, going to drop the originals off today, is it door card off time ?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Some progress today in the garage

First job, Merv had kindly laminated the moulds off of some clio dash inserts last week, left in them was the sheet waxed used to create the thickness of material that will become the actual cover to go over the oe part. The sheet was needed scraping off, then acetone the residue, then flat, polish and apply the usual release agent

cliodashtrimmoulds1.gif

cliodashtrimmoulds2.gif

Original parts sat in the moulds, showing good clearance for the covers when made, which will be out of 4x4 twill 280g backed up with 203g plain weave
cliodashtrimmoulds3.jpg

The first of 7 release agent applications
cliodashtrimmoulds5.gif

Driverside door moulding removed
cliosidestripremoved.gif

Passenger side
cliobumpsremoved2.gif

cliobumps2.gif

Door badge removed from moulding
cliobumporiginal.jpg

I now realise I used too much adhesive last time ...
cliobadgerear.jpg

The badges were still mint but wasnt happy with some imperfections i missed last time, so scotched up and ready for more lacquer tomorrow
cliobadgescotched.gif

The funny bit, I thought about taking this out but then didnt first time round, so instead removed complete driverside doorcard to realise how easily the door mouldings come off, lol

cliodoorstripped2.jpg

cliodoorstripped.gif

Idiot lol

I wish the rears would come as easily, I have tried a little but i think I am just going to whip out the rear seats and doorcards to get better access from inside and not risk any damage to outside panel

Isn't this how the last car started, lol
cliostripped.gif

How i left her tonight
cliobonnetremoved.gif

This week she will go back together with new side mouldings in carbon, bonnet nad spoiler back on all colour coded, and hopefully get the wheel off tomorrow niight ready to mould the thumb grips as this will make the job quicker and easier

lift number 1 @ btm
here are a few for you bic, just remembered i was supposed to send you these a while ago.....:eek:

481.jpg

479.jpg

437.jpg

i still need to fit the spoiler though....

Never above 25mpg
You have quite alot of competition with the covers for the dashstrips.

Alot of people cover them with real CF twill at pretty good prices.

Cups looking ok. I'd order some numberplates if they had standard UK font.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
VeinAST - The dashstrips arent primarily for retail, but more of a stepping stone while other things are finished before starting the actual dash (then the blue dash trims will be fitted to the carbon dash) but we are more than likely going to add them to our product range as with everything else we develop and if they sell, thats great, and they could be part of our interior package we have nearly finished, consisting of:

steering wheel badge
thumb grips
gearknob trim
clock/dial surround

If you are after some plates, they can be easily produced with the font you want, just send us a pic of your plates to be sure they are spot on, we can then match the font with the system used by our vinyl peeps :)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Bonnet prior to paint, now done and collecting tomorrow then will flat and polish and refit bonnet and spoiler tomorrow night

Some pictures arent showing anymore as i have created sub albums on the photobucket account for the new section on our website for projects, customer cars, products etc, sorry

cliobonnet1.jpg

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Pictures above will get updated, it is because I have reorganised albums etc, our website will also be taking a stream direct from the photobucket albums so our projects section being added soon and will be mega up to date

Anyway straight out of the booth today and ready for a nights worth of fettling tonight

Cliobonnet5.jpg

Cliobonnet4.jpg

Cliobonnet3.jpg

Cliobonnet2.jpg

Cliocupspoiler1.jpg

ibiza cupra
love it from what ive seen. shame about the other pics like you say. might have to have a look on the ol` website

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Well finally finshed half hour ago, was certainly a mission to do but all done and on the car. Will perfect the alignment of the bonnet in the daylight and when its not so windy, lol

Flatted with 1500 and then followed by 2000 grade paper
cliobonnetflat2.jpg

cliobonnetflat3.jpg

Machine polished with G6 rapid grade, followed by Meguiars 105 on blue waffle pad, then Meguiar's 205 on grey 5" pad, finally with Meguiar's no. 7 Show Car Glaze applied by hand

cliobonnetpolished.jpg

cliobonnetwithmegsno7on.jpg

cliobonnetpolished3.jpg

cliobonnetfitted.jpg

Next up, the rear spoiler which is nearly fully flatted to 1500, then follwed up by 2000, then same process, also got to do a lot of work on the side mouldings as the moulds were s**t and we have salvaged what we could with the parts, but going to take lots of tlc to get them nice and flat, along with lots of lacquer no doubt.

Cheers

Bic

bic

Land Rover Discovery
The usual little bit of progress form last week:

Spoiler:

cliospoiler.jpg

cliospoiler2.jpg

cliospoiler3.jpg

cliorearend.jpg

cliorearbumpertrim.jpg

Destickered and 'Cup'd ready for revised livery
cliooverall.jpg

cliodoor2.jpg

I have started to block flat the door rubbing strips and as I knew they would, need more lacquer to take out the ripples from s**t moulds and s**t trims we used to bond the covers too