ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Gaming Thread (General Gaming Jibba Jabba)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Im looking forward to the division and UFC2. Apparently BF5 is going to be set in WW1? WW2 would have been ideal, but ill take that.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Not good news for those of us that aren't fans of DLC and microtransactions:

"This is especially true for EA, which is making an absolute killing from additional content and in-game purchases. Speaking at a recent investor conference, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen was quite open about the publisher's success in the digital market. "We've been a leader in driving digital extra content for games, which really drives the profitability of this business," he states.

Jorgensen then goes into detail, talking about the cold hard numbers - and they're mighty impressive, to say the least. "The extra content business is a billion-three [$1.3 billion] a year," he claims - but that colossal figure isn't necessarily the big deal here. Jorgensen continues: "Half of that is roughly our Ultimate Team business."

In other words, the Ultimate Team modes in games like FIFA and Madden generate around $650 million in annual revenue. With numbers like that, you begin to realise why so many companies are keen to squeeze microtransactions into their titles."

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/03/ea_is_making_an_absolute_killing_from_microtransactions

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered Street Fighter 5. Managed to get it for £37 delivered after seeing the cheapest in game for £49.99 for a Pre owned version! How are Game still in business!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm wondering when game made a boob of having the division at £2 (I ordered and recieved an email which I've not lost) wether I will get it

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'll probably get Hitman, but it's quite a strange release method, so I'll probably wait until they release it all at once in a Definitive Edition, hopefully be a bit cheaper by then.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The AI in hitman is still a bit turd. Getting chased by security, hide in the bog. The only thing really in the room was a toilet and a locker in the corner. After running into the toilet I wait for a while, open the door again only to see the guards waiting for me. I close the door, hide in the locker and wait. The guards follow me in, look around for a few seconds then leave.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Bought Street fighter 5. What a pile of shite!
4gb update for it so I will have a crack online tomorrow (read getting my arse handed to me by 12yo jap kids.)

The story mode is laughable. Thought I'd give it a run through with Ryu. 4 fights. Four f**king fights and one round per fight! Tried with Ken. 3 fights. Three! I turned it off after that otherwise I'd have completed it tonight. The characters look s**t too.

I have been looking forward to this for a while now. Might trade it in for the Division if the update doesn't improve it.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Bought Street fighter 5. What a pile of shite!
4gb update for it so I will have a crack online tomorrow (read getting my arse handed to me by 12yo jap kids.)

The story mode is laughable. Thought I'd give it a run through with Ryu. 4 fights. Four f**king fights and one round per fight! Tried with Ken. 3 fights. Three! I turned it off after that otherwise I'd have completed it tonight. The characters look s**t too.

I have been looking forward to this for a while now. Might trade it in for the Division if the update doesn't improve it.
You should've read the reviews man - it was a game that was rushed to get it out in time for eSports competition season, but as a game for the individual or casual player it's really lacking.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The AI in hitman is still a bit turd. Getting chased by security, hide in the bog. The only thing really in the room was a toilet and a locker in the corner. After running into the toilet I wait for a while, open the door again only to see the guards waiting for me. I close the door, hide in the locker and wait. The guards follow me in, look around for a few seconds then leave.

Lol. I can appreciate making the AI behave 'more realistic' is probably one hell of a programming challenge - but to the game player, it does nothing other than dispel belief in what you're doing.

I remember playing Deus Ex : Human Revolution and trying to sneak into the Police Station. I got rumbled a few times and literally just legged it into the nearest ventilator shaft. I could crouch and watch legs and feet stroll by in front of me with their owners muttering the likes of "where's he gone?" etc. It definitely knocked my liking of the game as I never got around to finishing it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like to know if anybody else even comes close to my hours racked up on Dota on any other game?
I played WoW for several years, and was what the community called a "Hardcore Raider," I imagine if I looked up my playtime, it would surpass yours, or at least come close!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My playtime in EVE would likely eclipse even your playtime in DOTA @Wilkeh
On and off (more on than off!) for 11 years before I finally (I think) kicked the habit

Cayman S Edition 1
So to have a break from Fallout 4, I bought Rainbow 6 Siege and Star Wars Battlefront yesterday for £25 each (not too bad).

RB6 is just dreadful and now going on eBay.

Hoping Star Wars is a little better.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I played WoW for several years, and was what the community called a "Hardcore Raider," I imagine if I looked up my playtime, it would surpass yours, or at least come close!

Yeah WoW was a scary time sink. I played since the beginning of TBC which was like 2007 or something and finally quit for good a month or so into WoD. Played nearly every day for 8-9 years so I don't even want to see how much time i've put into that game. I've seen people over 500 days played... I once did a 27 hour stint with only bathroom breaks and to grab food from the cupboard, that was doing runs in the original deadmines lol no regrets :D

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got myself a PS4.

Currently playing gta5 and the last of us but got fallout 4 and MGS5 to sink into when I get tired/beaten by these.
Absolutely loving it though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone playing far cry primal? I bought it the weekend and loving it. Proper love fc games.

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't think the unemployed/people in relationships should play games like Eve, Destiny, WOW etc - it's basically a full time job!

Previews for Total War: Warhammer look good though. With that an X:Com, I'm more tempted to get a PC again

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think the unemployed/people in relationships should play games like Eve, Destiny, WOW etc - it's basically a full time job!

Previews for Total War: Warhammer look good though. With that an X:Com, I'm more tempted to get a PC again

It's like trying to denounce the Dark Side. Once you've played on and owned a PC setup - you never really leave. I appreciate the occasional dabble with a console. But for me, even my 6 year old PC ticks far more boxes in terms of enjoyment.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I changed the other way... used to be obsessed with C&C and Quake online years ago but I'm definitely more of a casual gamer these days so it's a PS4 for me. I have become one of these people that play more on their phone than a big screen though :( my younger self would be so disappointed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I changed the other way... used to be obsessed with C&C and Quake online years ago but I'm definitely more of a casual gamer these days so it's a PS4 for me. I have become one of these people that play more on their phone than a big screen though 😧 my younger self would be so disappointed.
Haha! I really have to be bored to consider going on the phone. Touchscreen really doesn't work for a lot of games. It's good to kill time with titles like 7 Words, Plague Inc and of course, Angry Birds, though.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Still haven't really found anything to beat NSS & PvZ 2. Although Worms 4 is quite good... I'm not saying I prefer handhold gaming, it's just I tend to find time to do more of it!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Gears of War 4 Season Pass will be £39.99.

Things are starting to get a bit out of hand.
I don't mind paying the rising costs of DLC and season passes, etc. provided they represent good value and genuinely add worth and longevity to a given game...

...but I'm not really seeing much evidence of that at the moment.

Don't get excited about games that much these days, but doom has tickled my fancy, big time!
Pre ordered with Amazon so will be delivered this Friday.
Hugely exited for the single player action. It looks incredibly brutal, balls out action!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't mind GAME dying tbh. Just a granny - trap at Christmas. Overpriced games with no value add whatsoever.

Can't think of a single nice thing about the place.

I remember back in the days of the PS1 - I wandered into GAME one morning and noticed they were stocking the shelves with the reissued Final Fantasy 7 on the Classic label or something.

I picked a copy up and started to walk to the counter when a member of staff stopped me. He told me that I couldn't buy that until 9am the morning after. I asked why I couldn't have it now and he said the publishers were specific about the launch date.

Yeah - like I'm going to drive back the following day to pick it up again. I didn't.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I remember back in the days of the PS1 - I wandered into GAME one morning and noticed they were stocking the shelves with the reissued Final Fantasy 7 on the Classic label or something.

I picked a copy up and started to walk to the counter when a member of staff stopped me. He told me that I couldn't buy that until 9am the morning after. I asked why I couldn't have it now and he said the publishers were specific about the launch date.

Yeah - like I'm going to drive back the following day to pick it up again. I didn't.
They can burn to the ground. No need for them with the likes of Amazon.

They've had a great opportunity for years now to offer some form of 'value add' as pretty much the only serious contender in this space with retail footprint. I, personally, wouldn't mind spending an extra quid or two on the games if a visit to the store was in some way interesting - good displays, games media, better layouts than simply racks upon racks of games, maybe a cool gaming area or similar, run some f**king competitions etc etc. but, really, its just overpriced and smells of BO. Why make the effort when you can, literally, order with one click for a lower price? They need to look around at what other retailers are having to do to beat online price wars - John Lewis, Currys etc. if they want to stick around.

There's even an independent near me that's better. Just made it a cool place to go - will often pop in to look what they've got and often leave with something. Have lots of screens on the go, nightly competitions for different games (rocket league, super smash, COD etc) also sells drinks! Just a more compelling offering.

Back OT - The Division. Haven't played in donkeys, dont really want to but bought the season pass like a bellend in my initial excitement.

Mostly playing silly quick games now like Rocket League (just got to pro), Powerstar golf etc.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Where would you buy a PS3 console from these days?

The cost for a new one is almost the same as a PS4. I own a PS4, I want a PS3 to go play some oldies that I missed - they're pretty cheap used, but I don't like the idea of buying a console via eBay...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Where would you buy a PS3 console from these days?

The cost for a new one is almost the same as a PS4. I own a PS4, I want a PS3 to go play some oldies that I missed - they're pretty cheap used, but I don't like the idea of buying a console via eBay...
I'll sell you mine if you like, I never use it! f**k knows when I'd be able to post it though, unless you ever drive up the A34 towards Newbury