ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Gaming Thread (General Gaming Jibba Jabba)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I only managed a couple of hours on Wild lands the other night. Wasn't overly impressed tbh.

Very much Division like. Open world story, Kill groups of enemies, tag found items for the resistance, choose which types of perks you want (3 things like in the Division) kill more enemies.

Wont be a release day buy for me. I'll probably pick it up when it's been patched and reduced to £20 for the ultimate edition.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The Division 😧
Had a dabble at that Survival mode. It's better, but it's still a flawed game. I think that's why I'm so mad with it. It's SO close to being a fantastic game and then just faceplants itself.

If Ubi weren't so focused on DLCs and released the SDK for free mods - someone out there could easily make The Division superb, with not much effort. Conversely, I had a dabble of Company of Heroes 2 with some online randomer against the AI, at the weekend. It was against Easy AI - a simple 2 vs 2 round - but it was proper fun and engaging. Not long - I think in 40 minutes the round was done with us winning. But the structure and flow of the game was really enjoyable - along with the limited resources making you really think about which unit to build next.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
My previous employer has just provided me with a free copy of their new game, Sniper Elite 4 :) Bonus!

I've played the first level and I really enjoyed it (which is surprising having spent so many years around the franchise and the developers working on it!) It's an evolution on the previous games but with more polish and much larger environments. If you haven't played a Sniper Elite game before and you're tempted then this could be the one to try. Failing that, wait a while until the price drops and then buy it... :p Exploding nutshots from 300 metres is as satisfying as ever.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Logged into my Steam account for the first time in years to start getting ready for impending arrival of new machine, shame can't change the account name as it's set to an email address I don't use anymore (back in the day when your account name was your email address).
Also tempted to sign up to the EA Origin Access thing as well, £20 a year for access to a decent enough library of games.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
My dads email address is still freeserve - think they've been taken over/name changed about 5 times since.

Changing email addresses is probably the biggest digital ball ache out there, in the modern age your main becomes so entwined with your life.

Soon it'll be like Minority Report and you'll need to change your eyes.

DCi
My previous employer has just provided me with a free copy of their new game, Sniper Elite 4 :smile: Bonus!

I've played the first level and I really enjoyed it (which is surprising having spent so many years around the franchise and the developers working on it!) It's an evolution on the previous games but with more polish and much larger environments. If you haven't played a Sniper Elite game before and you're tempted then this could be the one to try. Failing that, wait a while until the price drops and then buy it... :tongueout: Exploding nutshots from 300 metres is as satisfying as ever.
Missus bought it for my birthday and I gave it a go last night. I'm really good at hitting people in the eye :D

I quite like the way adjusting the sights works really well, but I think I'll turn off the marker that appears when you hold your breath. It makes it quite easy, although maybe I'll wait until I'm shooting people further than 100m away!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Missus bought it for my birthday and I gave it a go last night. I'm really good at hitting people in the eye :smiley:

I quite like the way adjusting the sights works really well, but I think I'll turn off the marker that appears when you hold your breath. It makes it quite easy, although maybe I'll wait until I'm shooting people further than 100m away!
It is very satisfying watching the kill cams and resulting exploding skeleton and organs :p Yes, the aiming marker does make it quite easy so I'll probably attempt the hardest difficulty at some point. For now I'm just happy to roam around and pop enemy testicles.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My previous employer has just provided me with a free copy of their new game, Sniper Elite 4 :smile: Bonus!

I've played the first level and I really enjoyed it (which is surprising having spent so many years around the franchise and the developers working on it!) It's an evolution on the previous games but with more polish and much larger environments. If you haven't played a Sniper Elite game before and you're tempted then this could be the one to try. Failing that, wait a while until the price drops and then buy it... :tongueout: Exploding nutshots from 300 metres is as satisfying as ever.
Love the previous three games - completed all of them too. Will definitely be getting SE4 - perhaps as you say, when the price drops a little.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Wildlands.

At the mo I am undecided about this game.
I like the customisation part of it with lots of weapons and clothing and things like that.
However the pros are being overwhelmed by the cons at the moment.

I don't like the fact that if you leave the area without the squad they just teleport into the car or by your side.

Control of the vehicles is dismal. What's the point of giving you guns on the helicopter if you can't aim the bloody things.

Missions are all the same really.

You can't control individual AI squad members and they tend to get you spotted or engaged.

So much potential in this game but it's falling flat at the moment.

Clio
Anyone remember the game, possibly on the Amiga that was aircraft based in WW2 i think and it had a couple of different game modes.
1) Typical in cockpit dog fighting
2) From an angle outside the plane and it scrolled whilst you attacked land based enemy
and I'm sure there was there was another game play mode as well.

Just sort of come in to my head as I was thinking I'd love a decent but simple WW2 aerial dog fighting game for the Xbox.

Any about?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Micro Machines is out today, my copy is arriving from Amazon tomorrow. Should be a good laugh, if it's even half as good as it used to be!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Started Last of us again this week.
Picked up the remastered version with the left behind dlc for £15.
Forgot how good the game was. Taking longer this time trying to get everything on my way through.
The trophy system for this must be one of the hardest out there, something like 0.5% got platinum.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Found out this morning the crash bandicoot remastered is out, so that's now on order!

Anybody else a big fan, I loved it during my childhood

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Finally finished chapter 1 of MGS5, can't be arsed playing chapter 2 as apparently 75% of it are just reruns of the same missions! Really don't rate the game, it started off so good but then basically continued to get worse and worse!

Ordered Uncharted 4 now :) yes I know I'm a bit behind. Also picked up Titanfall 2 the other week and that seems really good.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Long shot, where can I download championship manager 99/00 for mac? Tried google but keep finding dead files.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Ordered Uncharted 4 now :smile: yes I know I'm a bit behind. Also picked up Titanfall 2 the other week and that seems really good.
Uncharted really is awesome. I'm working my way through on Crushing difficulty (it's solid but satisfying) and trying to find all the collectibles.

Once done I'll be back into Titanfall 2 for another run at the SP.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It is DLC for Uncharted 4 but completely different story ie. not Drake.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
f**k me Uncharted 4 is just in a different league to everything else I've played this generation. Only 90 minutes in but damn...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Finally downed tools for a few hours and decided to attempt a couple of levels on Sniper Elite 4 (Hardcore difficulty rather than Authentic, though). Loving it :) Sorry for the crap quality of the video; YouTube has compressed the crap out of it :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've just finished playing through Prey and have to admit that it exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed it despite finding it a bit of a slog at times (due to the travelling from one place to another and the fact that combat can be quite tricky / hard playing on the harder difficulty and early on in the game. It probably didn't help that I stayed to fight most encounters when I could have actually run away...)

I really thought the ending was pretty cool, too - I didn't see it coming and I thought it was an interesting twist.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Anyone getting the Evil within 2?.Loved the first and the trailer looks awesome

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Game developer tricks... an interesting Twitter feed that briefly touches on some of the 'tricks' used by game dev's in getting game mechanics to 'feel' right. Or not. :smile: