ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Gaming Thread (General Gaming Jibba Jabba)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up The Division 2 today on the PS Store. £13 for the Ultimate edition. Down from £90+ anyway.

I enjoyed the first for a while and a few reviews say this is better. Worth the £13 punt though hopefully.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Picked up The Division 2 today on the PS Store. £13 for the Ultimate edition. Down from £90+ anyway.

I enjoyed the first for a while and a few reviews say this is better. Worth the £13 punt though hopefully.
Nowhere near as good as the first one, IMO.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ah really. I'd read that they fixed issues from the first and made this better. Oh well.
The set piece bonus’ were pretty rubbish compared to striker/sentry etc that was in the first. Also, the dark zone is split up into smaller, separate areas. So it’s not 1 big dark zone, which I didn’t really like.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I didn’t like the second as much as the first.

I bought the Witcher 3 this week. £29 for ultimate game edition and all the expansion packs.

Never played it before. Love it. Like a medieval Red Dead Redemption.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Mustn't want me to play this. It's still bloody downloading (20+ hours so far probably).
I had to reset my PlayStation last week because I was getting a split screen (turned out I needed a new hdmi lead/ the socket in my TV is fucked)
This reset all of my standby preferences, I when I thought I'd put my PS4 to standby, it was actually off. Went on this morning and my download speeds are a heady 2-5 Mbps instead of 70+.
Waiting for Sky to get back to me about that one.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nowhere near as good as the first one, IMO.
Hated the pointless number chasing of weapons in the first game. Number chasing existed in the second title, but not as obvious as in the first game, I found. As with the first game, by far and away the most enjoyable part of it was the first 15-20 minutes.

Still seems a silly background/story/lore to me that doesn't quite work. Completed the main quest line of Div2 and got to the 'reboot' stage or whatever its called where the game shifts up a gear. Quit it then - got as much as I'll want out of it by that stage.

Qualified for the Dark Zone in both games and never stepped into it once.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
@Cub. :- How are you finding the Witcher? i have heard it's really complicated, like you have to put certain things on your weapons to fight certain things?

Bought Wreckfest last week, it;s decent enough but really frustrating.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@Cub. :- How are you finding the Witcher? i have heard it's really complicated, like you have to put certain things on your weapons to fight certain things?

Bought Wreckfest last week, it;s decent enough but really frustrating.

I’m really enjoying it. Yes, it does have a deeper level of complication than RDR2. But, if anything ever gets too frustrating you can always just google where the stuff is you need and go and get it.

I imagine it was super annoying when it first came out and you had to try and find some bush with a specific leaf on it, to then craft an oil to kill a specific monster, in one of the worlds largest open world formats 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I’m really enjoying it. Yes, it does have a deeper level of complication than RDR2. But, if anything ever gets too frustrating you can always just google where the stuff is you need and go and get it.

I imagine it was super annoying when it first came out and you had to try and find some bush with a specific leaf on it, to then craft an oil to kill a specific monster, in one of the worlds largest open world formats 😂
Hhmmm might give it a whirl i think, our kid sunk hours and hours into it, and really like it.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Mustn't want me to play this. It's still bloody downloading (20+ hours so far probably).
I had to reset my PlayStation last week because I was getting a split screen (turned out I needed a new hdmi lead/ the socket in my TV is fucked)
This reset all of my standby preferences, I when I thought I'd put my PS4 to standby, it was actually off. Went on this morning and my download speeds are a heady 2-5 Mbps instead of 70+.
Waiting for Sky to get back to me about that one.
PS downloads are heavily throttled, you won't get better speeds no matter what internet you have.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My mates looking to buy a PS4 as he’s bored during this lockdown. He doesn’t need a pro as his tv isn’t 4K so probably just a 500gb console will do. Where is best to purchase from these days? Amazon had a good deal with horizon, uncharted 4 and the last of us for £280 but the deal is unavailable currently.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Anyone into AC?
The new trailer for Valhalla dropped yesterday, think it looks tasty. Biased however as I'm a huge AC fan, thought Origins and Odyssey were both ace. They may as well drop the AC title nowadays though as the newer games are a huge stretch away from the original style.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've not played AC since the London one. Got very bored of that quickly. They just seemed to be exactly the same, just different settings. Hopefully they will have something new now.

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I like my AC games and I can't wait to get stuck into Valhalla! I hope it meets expectations...
Is the Origins one set in Egypt any good? I got it and the season pass cheap and having not really played any AC game before - was mainly interested in the background setting.

Does look good and is a hardware punisher apparently - even for the later cards with the bells & whistles switched on.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Is the Origins one set in Egypt any good? I got it and the season pass cheap and having not really played any AC game before - was mainly interested in the background setting.

Does look good and is a hardware punisher apparently - even for the later cards with the bells & whistles switched on.
I enjoyed it, D. I did have a few technical hitches here and there but nothing too bad - and yes, it can lean on the hardware quite heavily at times! Gameplay-wise there were a few pacing issues but, again, nothing that really detracted from my enjoyment of the game. It uses the same engine as the newer Odyssey game and the two titles aren't too dissimilar. If you were considering investing a bit of time into your first real foray into AC then I think Origins would be the one to choose. I feel Origins has the better story and flows better.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yeah I agree - I would probably rate the combat in Odyssey as slightly superior but overall Origins is a better game, especially due to the setting, just a huge vast open ancient world that's a lot of fun to explore.
I managed to talk a friend into getting an AC game after seeing the trailer (he hadn't played since AC3) and he was really unsure as he just sinks 8hrs into COD every day, he ended up buying Odyssey and has been addicted, keeps sending me videos all the time.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Can’t wait for cyberpunk to be released! Oh and valorant looks like it could be good.

Clio
@Cookie knowing you are a baller man I downloaded NBA 2K20 on Game Pass last night after watching The Last Dance and I have a question....

I've never played an EA NBA game before (for a long time), started a career and it threw me straight into a game. Don't know any of the controls or anything. Do I just need to get that game out the way and then I can practice or something and learn?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
@Cookie knowing you are a baller man I downloaded NBA 2K20 on Game Pass last night after watching The Last Dance and I have a question....

I've never played an EA NBA game before (for a long time), started a career and it threw me straight into a game. Don't know any of the controls or anything. Do I just need to get that game out the way and then I can practice or something and learn?
It's not an EA game

Just quit out of it iirc

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Tell him to put it on eBay they’re making about £250 on there, they were £200 with the shifter not long back, now they’re £280 without the shifter, when they’re in stock.
Yeah will do, I bought mine from Argos for £190 with the shifter just as lockdown started.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Nothing on the PS5 stream that would tempt me away from the new Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Didn't realise it was out, I've been ignoring any trailers/vids to try not to spoil anything.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Absolutely unholy amount of Last of Us 2 content on twitter/reddit/IG etc. one of those days I wish i had a playstation

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Apparently the "user reviews" have slated the game but press have aced it (Though the gaming press does suck Sony c0ck massively).

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I'll stick with COD for now lol. I think it took me years to get round to playing the first one.