ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 engine numbers

Clio V6 230 Phase 1
As the title really, I have a V6 Phase one at the moment undergoing some restoration and modifications.

I managed to aquire a very cheap V6 engine which is mint and only been run up on a bench.

Now my question is i know the engine that is currently in the car is a standard 230 one as supplied by TWR.(needs clutch and a few minor items)

But the new engine doesn't have any history,as it was never fitted in a car and this was, we think a TWR development engine.

The timing cover has two number plates on it, One is stuck on and is rectangular and has L7X 760 on,and underneath there is another plate star washered on and is an e-longated diamond shape with L7XG 720 engraved on it.

Does this mean that the stuck on plate is the standard Renault Engine type and Number.

And the e-longated one is the TWR revised plate, if so what engine am i likley to have?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Dave

Clio V6 230 Phase 1
Technical manual

Section 10 Identification.

Thanks JR,I found that one as well, and does indeed match the id in the tech manual,but it doesn't mention the other plate that is star washered on the cover. the no is L7XG 720 but can't find anything about this number.

I found out a snippet of info that TWR were developing a 280bhp version of this just before they went under. Apparently Nissan were involved also but i can't find out anymore.

Thanks for your help please continue as any help is appreciated.
Dave

lift number 1 @ btm
^ thats quite possible. i know that scott has opened some of the development engines and there were some that had been stroked, so maybe that is where that came from. also if you can, try to look down the inlets- twr had also started sleeving the inlets on the later development stuff.

Clio V6 230 Phase 1
^ thats quite possible. i know that scott has opened some of the development engines and there were some that had been stroked, so maybe that is where that came from. also if you can, try to look down the inlets- twr had also started sleeving the inlets on the later development stuff.

Thanks will try looking in the ports as the inlet manifold is off at the moment. Will try and get some Pictures up.

Clio V6 230 Phase 1
Right not very good photo's but here they are...

P4200900.jpg

P4200901.jpg

P4200898.jpg