ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360bhp supercharged clio R27 inc vid!!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
No offence mate seems a nice car but looks about as quick as my lightly modified cup http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBGCZ7GuoVM (not even stripped at the time)

My nova has 340bhp and that is a absolute animal! Spins 1st to 4th it's a genuine challenge to get it hooked up. Obviously its a hell of a lot lighter than a 197 but you would still expect a bit of drama from 360 brake.

Astra gsi turbo
Basically mate, chip says it aint that quick so that's that. All of his followers will back him up even if proven wrong. I think it looks awesome

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Basically mate, chip says it aint that quick so that's that. All of his followers will back him up even if proven wrong. I think it looks awesome

4 of his followers are obviously capable of time travel then, since they all posted before him.

Looks pretty quick tbh
smiley4.gif

That was before I put the induction kit on, makes 560bhp now.

Get over it TBH. 60-100 is around 7 seconds being generous. Quick but not 360hp/1300kg quick. It should be two seconds quicker at least.

GTD, Lupo
They are all having a little b**ch over on 197.net.

I done a little test on the way home tonight at it is 1 second quicker than a standard 200 from 30-90.

Money well spent! Better of wasting it on copper grease and new brakes!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
lol at judging it by a video.

Well assuming the speedo isnt massively under reading, what is actually wrong with judging the performance of a car from a video of the speedo?

A 360bhp 1200KG car should be in the 5-6 seconds ballpark from 60-100 unless there is something going on in the video we arent yet aware of, such as having 4 people weighing 150Kg each in the car or he is going up a massive hill etc.

This video of mine with under 260bhp on low boost at the time it was filmed for example, I am at 60mph 6 seconds into the video, and im still in second gear at the time meaning I have to waste time on a gear change straight away, and as you can hear it was only a fairly pedestrian change, and again I changed up just before 100, with another fairly steady change, and despite those 2 pretty slow gear changes and the fact I was on low boost, it still hits 100mph at 13 seconds in, 7 seconds after it was at 60:

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/chip-3door/media/clio/clio-turbo-0-100.mp4.html

Even with probably 20% more weight on board his 197, it should be way quicker than mine with 40% more power than I had?
But if anything it looks slower.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf even if the rollers were optimistic is it really likely they're 100bhp optimistic? I doubt it so get of the lads back, who gives a f**k anyway it's still an awesome car and is his money at end of the day.

RB Clio 182
This 182 does 60-100 in around 7 secs...

I havnt seen the video of the op's 197 so i cant comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has said it's a s**t car, they've shown doubt about the claimed power figures. If I'd spent his money on getting a claimed 360bhp car which turned out to be 290bhp I'd want to know about it, not stick my head in the sand. There's a lot of help and knowledge from people on here if your willing to accept it.

It seems so, read somewhere the OP didn't want to go anywhere out of respect for the people who did the conversion, but if it were me I'd want it independently verified by someone with no vested interest

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Nobody is particularly on his back, almost everyone has said it's a nice car but it just hasn't got the quoted 360 stallions. If he doesn't want opinions don't post on forums, simple as that really.

Anyone know what rollers jamsport use?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Dan@519 has some rollers set up now could be worth getting him to give you a power run, doesn't even cost much iirc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyone know what rollers jamsport use?

Cant remember the make but I used them for an article for Total Vauxhall magazine I wrote about cam timing and the numbers were all in line with what I would have expected to see on a dyno dynamics etc, same for a club rolling road day we did there, so I dont believe that there is some massive issue with the dyno itself.

Turbo LY R27
Cant remember the make but I used them for an article for Total Vauxhall magazine I wrote about cam timing and the numbers were all in line with what I would have expected to see on a dyno dynamics etc, same for a club rolling road day we did there, so I dont believe that there is some massive issue with the dyno itself.

So what would you expect is an issue with the car if there is one? I don't have a printout I only saw it on the screen, wasn't fussed about a hard copy as I saw it with my own eyes. Don't get me wrong I respect the knowledge of people that actually no what there on about. But most people are just jumping on a bandwagon. So I have deleted the vid as I'm not putting myself out there because its something I enjoy, so why should I?!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So what would you expect is an issue with the car if there is one?

Could be something as simple as it didnt go full throttle properly for some reason, could be the speedo under reads, could be you were going up a hill or had a car full of mates, impossible to tell from the video, it just doesnt look as quick as I would expect with that power.

Still a lovely car either way mate :)