ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BenR or HK Clioman

ahah yeh good long lunch

Ben I think they are H7 55watt 12volt ... after lookin at the web i think they are H7 coz they r the only bulbs with two legs parallel to each other

Tony when is ur car arriving?

I dropped into ur Showroom yesterday Ben the retail price is 149000 v.attractive perhaps i should buy one in hk too! :p

yue, if you consider $149k is attractive, then you sure would very happy to learn that the "true" price is only $137k (Fred2001, if u are reading this, you should now know why HK is being called the shoppers paradise). Do remember to let ben sign the contract for you. he can then buy us drinks with the commission he earns. The opel ppl said they could deliever the car before xmas, but as I wont be there, so told them to have the car ready for collection on the 30th.

Agreed with u, Ben. the way I see it, you are just unlucky. For example, the deal I made for ivan could have gone to your accout. But you were not there, and there were just a handful left. Oh yes, I am a hard shopper, especially when the car is to be paid by me but driven by someone else. BTW, do remember I am one of your potential RSR customers. Any sweetener, my friend?

all seems easy to fit, blah blah...but again, in HK, you will have no space to use it......and it really is an all show no go item.....with no real use.

you cant compare mods, as conditions will never be the same at different times etc.....so, its just for a a laugh really.

as for the lights, you will have to check yourself

haev not been posting much as all hell was let loose this weekend! i broke a driveshaft on the fezzy on a hill!!!!

anyway, took till wednesday to source the right part as its not longer made or supplied by ford, aftermarket manufacturers dont make it......so finding one was hard. also, i had ot drive my GF to teh airport for a flight......part arrived at 10AM, she had to be there at 5....oh dear!

mad rush, part flying, oil everywhere...oh, adn teh dirve shaft snapped where it joisnt the stub axle, and getting otu proved hard and tookl abotu an hr or thumping and crowbarring!....hard core....ergh, oh and the temp of freezing with -6dec C wind whill and oily hands arent good......i was frozen!

got it done and made it to the airport....i feel like a god!

oh, and the RSR conversion.....well, ill be getting back onto that as well as sorting out the clio challenge (copyright conflictions with Renault sport). But a quieter system form K-tec will be available, as will a new tail desigh. added to the oval and twin round is athe new Jap style slash cut pipe....should look good.

in my opinion, i would go for the K-tek rather than the Cup as its better overall......the cup is not so good as you cant keep teh OE system intact and use it later to sell on with the car etc.

righty ho yeh i thought the meter was quite "cool" u know can check out the output power n sprint times (use in nz)

Wuts with the Clio Challenge?

I believe they r H7s halogens.. "newish" cars use H7 more

When u expect the more-civilised K-tec exhaust be available? Will u bring home one with u for demo? Will leave for Singapore on the 24th. Lets have a drink before xmas.

Cheers

well, no ,we cant keep buying demos with nobody particualrly interested.....but iw wont be more noisy than the cup i think.

But i would go with the noisy K-tek affair anyway...build quality is miles ahead despite what some people in Chai Wan say.......

but if you want, you could always keep the OE system.......

Fair point. I can accept the noise level of the cup exhaust. If the new K-tec is not noisier than the Cup exhaust and offers a better performance, why not?

Do let us konw once your itinerary is fixed.

hello......

i can now get hold of the brand new titainium system for the 172, its is gorgeous, has a lovely design, 4" slah cut tail pipe. and is about £470.......

But again, i doubt anybody has the balls on HK to get it......

it has a removable rear silencer to suit people needs.

hmmmm, is that an all inclusive price or we need to add this and that? Apart from the weight advantage, what other benefits does it bring?

BTW, I will visit London next April/May, flying upper class with unlimited luggage allowance. Trust you know whats in my mind, partner.

Cheers

nice get to fly upper class :p me goin to beijin on 21-26 see when u guys are free me off to look for some H7 bulbs today see wut i can find

yo wut happened to u guys!>?

the hottest question lately seems to be the throttle body. Ben u reckon a V6 Laguna TB will fit?

hello, just got back to HK!!!

anyhow.

gains over the other exhausts is mainly weight.....material will not affect power until tunned lengths come into play. and full costs are not settled yet as its BRAND new.

But we will have to wait and see.

Ching...im waiting for that GTA drive...hahaha

yes lets go down to Alfa sometime

i thought u r back on 20th. I saw one Black GTA in central last nite ... i still want one i think i will rob him next time hell i went to Mong Kok... ppl just mod there cars for no apparent reasons.. i saw this S2000 (ok he mod it to be more of a chick magnet) but its a waste of money ... big as wings changed all the seats u know all the utter useless stuff. but i guess i m just poor n cant afford it so i b**ch ahha

should be ok, but i will probably have to bugger off early-ish to meet the guys as its friday night.

Anyway, im back early yup......

i thought leo could sort a test in the GTA........doesnt he sell them?

anyway.......what u doin in BJ?

u said got on yahoo messenger.

will leave for Singapore tomorrow, and cyue is now in Beijing. You will be home alone for xmas. Dont cry, will bring u souvenir.

BTW, if you guys are going to test drive the GTA, do it in Jan. PLEASE.

Tony

ahah surprise surprise ben dig up this one up

tony he is around i think he is gettin over chinese new year now feck my mom is flying in today n i cant find the bloody mercedes keys anywhere oh man gotta ask a mate to do me a favour n go out to the airport with me

wut have u been up to ben?hey wuts the deal with all this rumour about Renault sport puttin out some products??

not heard any rumours, apart fomr the same old same old........i will be surprised if they ever do get them out.

Unless they are biding time waiting for the 180 206gti to come out.

ive been up to............nothing much cept work and play...same old.

ahha hit on any chicks lately? i think i would definately go n have a look at the 180 Gti see how it compares to 172.

oh yeh ben ur RSR kit full kit how much r u lookin for

LOL.....no.....im in the UK!!!!!

I have just emailed the suppliers today so prices will be worked out depending on what we get them at.

a 172 TB?

the MK2 item there is no much to remove and i dont really see any point in doin it.

If you want, convert a MK1 XR2 TB to work....its larger.

yeh probably do the MK1 n ditch my Mk2

hey tony r u still around?

Ben i m thinkin about bringin car accessories in to NZ with a few friends u know any suppliers in HK? (u know just little fancy gadgets)

hhm u know those neo lights things, exhaust tips , gear knobs , pivot gear shift light , key rings / chains?, xenon bulbs, just the boy racer types kind of stuff that will attract buyers not expensive but get some cool stuff

u catch my flow?