ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Looks fecking stunning but I would have though the last thing a fat f@cker like you needs is sponsorship from a restaurant.

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Looks good - interesting to see some of the old sponsors/advertising gone - for the best I think ;) I'm sure you know what I mean lol

Looking good James! See you got that exhaust sorted now! ;)
Thanks mate :) Yes they are really good thanks for them!
Looks fecking stunning but I would have though the last thing a fat f@cker like you needs is sponsorship from a restaurant.
Hahaaa PMSL I was thinking the same thing as I was applying the stickers lol ;)
Looks good - interesting to see some of the old sponsors/advertising gone - for the best I think ;) I'm sure you know what I mean lol
Yes Phil ;) Time for me to move on (and up :p)

Didn't see them as i was on the previous page when i posted.

220 Trophy

Hi James, the car’s looking good! (The wheels are different since the last time I saw it though?)

The cars looking great, surely your due a trouble free run after all this, good luck with it all.

Regards Russ.......

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Looks great, no TDF stickers?

LOL considering the comments directly above yours - do you have to ask that? ;)

Seems a shame if TDF arent involved anymore like that implies, from an outsider point of view I always felt Matt brought a lot of useful experience to this project.
But I keep out of politics, so I just hope that James gets on well with the car whoever is helping with work on it.

From my own experience I feel exactly the opposite to you on that Chip. But I also try to keep out of the politics as well. Especially on internet forums.

I just hope this now means James can have a reliable car because an entire year of problems and no racing must be frustrating as hell!

Evo 5 RS

Seems a shame if TDF arent involved anymore like that implies, from an outsider point of view I always felt Matt brought a lot of useful experience to this project.
But I keep out of politics, so I just hope that James gets on well with the car whoever is helping with work on it.

Matt is a legend, did a great job on mine. I think it's miscommunication from a few parties and the fact he's busy with other things / out of the country. He's one of the most helpful people you'll ever meet, he can't do everything himself though

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Matt is a legend, did a great job on mine. I think it's miscommunication from a few parties and the fact he's busy with other things / out of the country. He's one of the most helpful people you'll ever meet, he can't do everything himself though

I have no experience of his service levels etc, was just commenting on the obvious level of knowledge he has.

Evo 5 RS

Yus, was just adding my experience with them over the past couple of years has lived up to the knowledge

Lol this convo tbh. Think people should leave it at what they've said.

Anyways, hopefully you should have no further problems James. And now you've got the 'Elite' race support to assist you! ;) I'll email you costings for me and mike and also the contracts. ;)

Evo 5 RS

Failsupport now too? lol Has the same ring to it so why not ;)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Lol this convo tbh. Think people should leave it at what they've said.

Anyways, hopefully you should have no further problems James. And now you've got the 'Elite' race support to assist you! ;) I'll email you costings for me and mike and also the contracts. ;)

+1 lol

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

So whens the thread getting its heading changed?!?!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Think we need a union nick?! (Me and you)

Thanks for all the kind words about the car :) I'm happy now its finally cleaned up and can see whats what!

Sorry for the slow response I haven't been on the forum since Monday morning. Yes unfortunately I have parted ways with TDF, I say unfortunately as it really is a shame I never wanted it to end up like this nor did I ever see it ending like this.

I'm afraid I don't want to go into the details of why on here but now just want to forget about it all and move on in the best way for me and the car.

I will do a quick write up from Donington when I finish looking through the data/video :) Got some good and bad to take from it so was worthwhile!

Looking fantastic there fella. One question, where are your window screen wipers?
Hadn't refitted it when I took the photo's as i'd been working in the scuttle as there is a massive hole from when the cage was fitted which allows the car to fill up like a pond lol!
Top mount bearings on their way or in your sweaty mitt's yet?
Yes all sorted thanks Pete :) Look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Haha yes Nick ;) Love the name too! Anytime mate :p

Have a nice holiday and see you at Donny!

Haha I have watched 5 mins of the seven recorded and that consisted of me nearly binning it, then red flag coming out for someone, me going into the pits and swearing a lot about the red flags to Fred lol!

I'll post up a few pics this weekend mate when I get chance to take them off the camera :)

Thanks for that Phil :) Looking forward to seeing them! Shame we got such little time on track to limit the photos :(

Ahhh perfect I hope there is one of it airborne lol ;) Yes it certainly was and sounds like you had fun driving to and from donny :)!!