ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It was the plan about this time last year but it was then pretty much discounted as the car would of needed loads of little things to be road legal never mind undrivable on the road lol! I wouldn't want to be without indicators anyway :)

Yes Cup spoiler will be going when I fit the rear polycarb :)

James - if you need a standard spoiler, you can have my old one for free. PM me. I know I owe you an email chap on the CV, sorry!

James do I remember right that you're getting plexi windows made up for your car?

If so do you have a supplier local? I wanna ditch the glass in the Clio over winter for something lighter, preferably with some vents in the rear windows

James do I remember right that you're getting plexi windows made up for your car?

If so do you have a supplier local? I wanna ditch the glass in the Clio over winter for something lighter, preferably with some vents in the rear windows
Already got polycarbs Phil on the side ones but yes I am getting the rear one this winter :) I will be using P4P whose quality of their windows is great!

P4P will do exactly what you want but they are not cheap :(

Lionel Richie
no no no no no, P4P are stupid money, what you want is the bloke who setup P4P who now runs his own company, same stuff, 40% cheaper

Had a day on the car today and Russ (Sprintcup) also came over to help me which was a great help! We were working just on the shell with taking the last few bits off so that it is back to the bare shell. The rear beam was one thing to remove so this came off and then stripped down ready for the pure motorsport bearing kit to be fitted and then the beam will be sent off along with a lot of other bits for powder coating. We then made a start trimming out a lot of brackets in the shell that aren't needed but after a while I managed to break the spot weld drill bit so that was then on hold as none of the 3 local shops I checked had them in stock :(

This week I had a really good price for dipping the shell and also painting it back up so I think the shell will be going for dipping once I get the welding done, I have got a few options for that now so will get that sorted once I have finished my work on the shell :)

The bits will be going for powder coating now they are all off the car and then once the shell is ready I can start putting it all back together!

As I said the other day I have bought a low mileage FSH 182 engine which Fred is going to strip down and check over and we have been working on the specs which I think we have nearly finalised so will hopefully be ordering the engine parts before Christmas. I have been having a clear out of parts and the diff has now sold so the box will be sent off to Agency on Monday/Tuesday who will remove the Quaife and then fit a gripper diff with the CW+P.

I have marked up for the new seat rails to be fitted along with FIA slider's and the gear linkage is also going to be moved forwards so next year it will be really simple to adjust the seat position. The new brake lines have arrived which will be run through the car and also the new fuel line has arrived which will is fully braided as the one on before was just the plastic pipe and was quite exposed. The EPAS system along with the wiring kit has arrived and is now ready to go back in once the shell is finished.

Massive thanks to Russ for coming over and helping it was a great help and gave me some really good ways to do things that I hadn't thought of :)

I think that is about it for now and i'm afraid I don't have too many pictures to show other than the brake lines

IMG-20121108-00928.jpg

Earls hoses made them up and for the 6 hoses it was £170ish that is with stainless fittings which nearly doubled the cost so with normal fittings would of been around £100 for the full car! They have done a great job and their service has been spot on :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Earls hoses made them up and for the 6 hoses it was £170ish that is with stainless fittings which nearly doubled the cost so with normal fittings would of been around £100 for the full car! They have done a great job and their service has been spot on :)
Top work.

So you're running full braided straight from the calipers to the master cylinder? Do you have any dimensions?

When you've fitted yours, swing over to Garforth and you can fit mine! ;)

Yes braided throughout but I have changed the routing of the hoses to simplify the car so they now run in the car so they don't pass under the fuel tank. Before I would of had to remove the tank if my fuel pump goes and to this I would need to remove the brakes pipes so just thought to run them in the car out of the way. Mine is running through the scuttle and then through a proportioning valve until the back of the car where there is a T piece and then back to each calliper, If want the pipes to run the same way I have then Liam at Earls has got all the details :)

Lol! Much easier with the car as a bare shell ;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Thanks Ash. I'm removing the ABS over Christmas so thought I may as well run new lines.

Ill drop them an email. I'd love to get it to a bare shell bu it's in my mums garage and I live 5 miles away sometime and space are a premium!

Yes you will need to if you remove the ABS, you might also want to fit the 172 cup engine loom as that doesn't have all the crap for the ABS and is an easy fit :)

His direct email is liam.fraser@earls.co.uk

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ooooo getting your shell dipped!! Very posh!

So what braking system are you going to be using? Just a standard 172 Cup none ABS setup?

I originally wanted to but the costs involved were a no go, Managed to get a really good quote to do it and now the shell is fully bare it would be wise to do it now if i'm ever going to do it and unfortunately I have OCD so I think it will get done lol!

172 cup master and then the two M12's to the front's, blank one m10 port, single line to the back through proportioning valve and then tee off to each rear wheel :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yes braided throughout but I have changed the routing of the hoses to simplify the car so they now run in the car so they don't pass under the fuel tank. Before I would of had to remove the tank if my fuel pump goes and to this I would need to remove the brakes pipes so just thought to run them in the car out of the way. Mine is running through the scuttle and then through a proportioning valve until the back of the car where there is a T piece and then back to each calliper, If want the pipes to run the same way I have then Liam at Earls has got all the details :)

Lol! Much easier with the car as a bare shell ;)

I predict heavy rear wheel locking up. Aftermarket bias valves don't restrict enough for a clio

Yes that is the problem as most don't but the Tillet one I have got works on pressure reduction so the more pressure that goes through it the more it reduces it, most of them are just a restriction in the line. It's the same type renault used to use on the Group N cars I just copied it from the renaultsport parts diagrams in the catalogue :) I'm not 100% sure it will work but I have designed the pipes so that I can easily refit the cup load valve if needed. I have been assured the valve I have gone with will work perfectly with the brake setup as on the min setting 200psi will go to each rear while the fronts will get 1200 psi couple that with the difference in pad size, piston bore and pad friction should hopefully be okay and give some flexibility for adjustment too which was the aim of the game as I still struggled with the cup valve :(

TrackCar & F30 330d
Risky, but clearly you've put a lot of thought into it so fingers crossed it works. I suppose if it doesnt then reverting back to the simple Cup set up wont be too difficult.

I look forward to seeing the Dipped shell lol (sounds so geeky)

Yes I was a bit worried too so just got to hope Tillet and demon tweeks are right with what they say! Tillet said they will take it back if it doesn't work which gives me some confidence.

Haha this is where I find its had a massive repair on a panel and its been filled! I said to them about the wrap and they said send it as is and the stuff they dip the car in will just dissolve it :eek:

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Cant you just used 2 bias valves if your idea doesn't work? Fully close one, then use the other for adjustment?