ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Lionel Richie
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

the list has doubled, see e-mail :(

BMW Z4
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Such a Quality build... NOT :banghead:

I feel for you Ash as we discussed when we met..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

This is sounding like a clear winner for the "most ironic thread title" section in this years CS awards, with the "it doesnt get much better than this" lol

BMW Z4

This is sounding like a clear winner for the "most ironic thread title" section in this years CS awards, with the "it doesnt get much better than this" lol

Yeh I was just thinking that :( If I had spent the money Ash has on mine with these results and issues I would be spitting feathers by now!!!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Still think the heading should be changed/edited!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Damn bloody iPhone ^

Lionel Richie

car now has no cooling system, no wiring loom, no braking system, soon to launch the exhaust at the bin outside also, and 12days to finish it! I might just pull the engine and box as i keep getting annoyed at stuff!

I've been wanting to post that for quite a while LOL. "Doesn't get much better than this" from what I've seen so far it gets a LOT better than that.

car now has no cooling system, no wiring loom, no braking system, soon to launch the exhaust at the bin outside also, and 12days to finish it! I might just pull the engine and box as i keep getting annoyed at stuff!

DO IT!! This is going to be epic!

I met James for the first time at 3 Sisters when he came to spectate and he's a top bloke, I hope this gets sorted for him as in my mind he deserved a lot better than he's got from speaking to him, but he's kept his cool and composure and that's a big credit to him tbh, it sounds like Fred could turn it all round.

Regards Russ...........

Lionel Richie

just not done the way i would do it, too fussy IMO

PS if you end up fitting a bias valve it has to be out of reach of the driver for bluebook ;) Just incase you are getting any ideas :p

James, I'm not sure where you have got that info from. I have just been asked a similar question on the Rallye Register. This was my response, hope it helps and offers clarity:

Blue Book, page 266, Section Q 19.5 (c) states:

It must be possible under all conditions, running or stationary, for 25% minimum braking effort to be applied by the driver through the braking system to each axle.

(d) goes on to state:

Brake balance adjuster must not be available for adjustment during running if they contravene (c)

In English(!) = if you can adjust the bias so that less than 25% goes to the front or the rear then it must be out of reach.
This is unlikely, but I was questioned about how much adjustability I had on it by a scrutineer.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

well that's inconsistent, because I asked the Tintops organiser/scrutineer if the rears could be disconnected as a temporary fix for James, and he said yes

Remember also that a clio has less than 25% to the rear as standard. I expect the handbrake is taken into account.

Clio 172

James I doubt I'll get to Donny on the Saturday (I shall ask and see). I'm glad to see Fred making fast progress as others have said however the weight saving does seem a bit extreme but I guess if the holes in the floor are for james's legs thats the braking and accelerating covered and lets face it with a beard and a leopard skin throw on James he would resemble a slightly more shaved Fred Flintstone.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

well that's inconsistent, because I asked the Tintops organiser/scrutineer if the rears could be disconnected as a temporary fix for James, and he said yes

Remember also that a clio has less than 25% to the rear as standard. I expect the handbrake is taken into account.

I can second that stood right next to him when we asked.

How can they tell anyway?
They don't test brakes are that the handbrake works!

Fun day of holiday today! Got a call to say that my AST's have arrived back although that was from my neighbour who had signed for them rather than Fred which is where they were supposed to be sent with very clear instructions! My neighbour and I don't really get on and he has said before that he doesn't like signing for stuff so his call was come and collect them now so 100 miles later I have been home collected them, organised and paid for a courier to collect them tomorrow and take them to Fred. The misses is livid with me as it's been one of our 5 days of holiday in the car faffing around when it was supposed to be a clio free week :( lol! I am now in the bad books so am grovelling on cooking duty for the evening!

Massive thanks to Fred though who has been hard at the car and don't think he is joking about everything that he has removed lol ;) I've been having fun trying to locate parts while in the yorkshire dales with no internet connection to speak of! The pub offers Wifi though so is rude not to go for a quick drink and pretend I'm googling for places to visit ;) I look forward to seeing how different the car is when I return and can't wait for Donington

I met James for the first time at 3 Sisters when he came to spectate and he's a top bloke, I hope this gets sorted for him as in my mind he deserved a lot better than he's got from speaking to him, but he's kept his cool and composure and that's a big credit to him tbh, it sounds like Fred could turn it all round.

Regards Russ...........
Thanks Russ very kind of you to say :) Hope the sprinting is going well and see you soon!
So's the owner ;)
Haha that is so true :)
James, I'm not sure where you have got that info from. I have just been asked a similar question on the Rallye Register. This was my response, hope it helps and offers clarity:
It's because the clio ideally wants to run circa 90% to the front wheels Mike so it has to be out of reach :(
James I doubt I'll get to Donny on the Saturday (I shall ask and see). I'm glad to see Fred making fast progress as others have said however the weight saving does seem a bit extreme but I guess if the holes in the floor are for james's legs thats the braking and accelerating covered and lets face it with a beard and a leopard skin throw on James he would resemble a slightly more shaved Fred Flintstone.
Thats a shame Andy! Haha lol PMSL! I'm not sure I have the fitness or stamina to run for 40 minutes it's bad enough in the car for that long ;)

Feeling your pain mate. I was not allowed in the garage for a week after my first race.

I'm relatively lucky with the neighbours though they are normally intrigued to see what I've had delivered. Although they do think my 86dB exhaust is a bit loud!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Fun day of holiday today! Got a call to say that my AST's have arrived back although that was from my neighbour who had signed for them rather than Fred which is where they were supposed to be sent with very clear instructions!

I'm surprised they didn't send them to me like the last time!! Lol! It would've been significantly easier for me to get them to Fred though!

Feeling your pain mate. I was not allowed in the garage for a week after my first race.

I'm relatively lucky with the neighbours though they are normally intrigued to see what I've had delivered. Although they do think my 86dB exhaust is a bit loud!
Haha what are they like! Its just when we are away that I'm not allowed to even mention the clio. I'm still on cooking duty!

I wish I hadn't given the neighbour my number while I'm away and then I wouldn't of heard from him lol! 86db you want to try best part of 100 while testing the launch control... I think I can see why he doesn't like me now lol!

182cup & 172 racecar

What did we cook tonight then James?

Back off Holiday :)

Sounds like UPS couldn't find BTM with my suspension and now aren't sure where the box is! Lets hope they turn up time for the race and can then have another go at finding BTM!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Nice holiday James ? looks like you needed it if your suspensions gone awol :cry: are you sure Fred's not stashed it so he can fit the Bilsteins ?!!

Back off Holiday :)

Sounds like UPS couldn't find BTM with my suspension and now aren't sure where the box is! Lets hope they turn up time for the race and can then have another go at finding BTM!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

F*ck me if it wasnt for sh1t luck you would have no f*cking luck at all.

Evo 5 RS

I reckon you slaughtered babies in a past life mate lol. Your luck is rotten lately! It'll turn up! They'll be insured anyway

Lionel Richie

update

throttle cable shortened and rerouted
fire system sorted
cooling system sorted

electronics (loom) removed to be moddified for quick removal
brakes - don't ask
oil cooler - don't ask
suspension - UPS are retards

8 days to go (if one more person PM's me getting arsey that i don't reply to PM's you might get an idea as to why, DO NOT f**kING PM ME I'M BUSY 25/8!)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Someone needs a hug

Nice holiday James ? looks like you needed it if your suspensions gone awol :cry: are you sure Fred's not stashed it so he can fit the Bilsteins ?!!
Yes was good thanks just too short and not hot enough ;) Haha I wouldn't put it past him but UPS have said they still have it (somewhere)
F*ck me if it wasnt for sh1t luck you would have no f*cking luck at all.
Haha tell me about it mate :(
I reckon you slaughtered babies in a past life mate lol. Your luck is rotten lately! It'll turn up! They'll be insured anyway
Haha I must of done ;) I was already begrudging having to pay for the courier as it was and decided not to pay the £26 extra they wanted to insure it so my own fault lol!
can of petrol....match.....walk away
Not a bad idea :) I suppose it is insured for the full cost of works.......mmm lol
James :argue: UPS
Already have done Pete they just can't work out why it wasn't still on the van if they couldn't find BTM.
suspension - UPS + AST are retards

8 days to go (if one more person PM's me getting arsey that i don't reply to PM's you might get an idea as to why, DO NOT f**kING PM ME I'M BUSY 25/8!)
Edited for accuracy mate ;)

Also PM'd

Only kidding ;)

If the suspension doesn't arrive Monday then I will drive down and locate it and hand deliver should of just done that in the first place!

25/8 really confused me :eek:

WRX

I'm available tomorrow if you need anything. Perhaps if UPS find them I could collect and take to Fred.