ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.4 rt exhaust system

ive got a clio 1.4 rt & im goin to change the whole exhaust soon.has anyone heard of obx racing sport?... http://www.obxracingsports.comhttp://www.obxracingsports.com

Im thinking of getting the B1 bomber backbox... http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance.cfm?catID=3&subcatID=3http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance.cfm?catID=3&subcatID=3

its a tuneable backbox, does that make it sound how u like it?

im also thinkin of gettin rid of my cat & the middle silencer and putting a straight through pipe from the manifold to the backbox in my car because the middle silencer is scraping really badly wen i go over bumps & + my car is lowered 55mm front & the torsion bar is gonna be lowered to match soon.

how will it affect the sound & performance if i get a straight through pipe & that bakbox fitted? i want it to be quite loud & want some power increase & better accelaration.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by g_u_l_a on 11 April 2003

my car is lowered 55mm front & the torsion bar is gonna be lowered to match soon.
Does that mean it looks like a drag car at the moment????

ye it does look like a drag car a bit, but i got a heavy ice install so without it it would look really bad i think.

the reason why im goin for the obx racing sport backbox is because im gettin one at a good price.they are imported from the states & there ment to be quality stuff.

has anyone used obx racing backboxes on their clio?

so is it a good idea to get a custom straight through pipe made which will be from the manifold straight down to the backbox?

im have at least 2 silencers on your car, or it will be FAPPIN loud.

and never head of them,, and i dunno anybody who has used one on any car.

im thinking of keeping the cat on my car. But ill need to get rid of the center silencer cos it hits on bumps.

how much will a straight through pipe cost fitted? and including the fitting of my backbox & is powerflow a good company to take it to?

Skoda Fabia vRS

my exhaust system is totally straight through apart from the back box silencer, and it has no cat

my car is VERY loud..........ask admits.....hes heard it

did the straight through pipe come with your k-tec exhaust or did u get that made separatly? and how much did the straight through pipe cost u?

you can get simple boxles centre section (i hate the term straight through as its NOT) for about 60 quid.

Fitting of you walready have your back box on will be about 30 quid i would assume, but its not hard, just make sure you get the car up high though.....getting the rear box over the axle can be a pain.

BRUN, the RTs seem to be fappin loud for some reason! mine was, louder than my 16V and race fezzy, which almost get banned from coomb!

It still had a cat on...lol

Skoda Fabia vRS

mine is a straight through system from K-Tec......so bought from them/came with it

ive heard loud RTs before Ben, but trust me, nothin comes close to this exhaust system

im gonna record a vid of me soon, just you wait !

ok im not sure whether to keep the cat or to get rid of it.

what are the advantages & disadvantages of getting rid of the cat in my situation?

Skoda Fabia vRS

de-cat it......that way you can free up top end power, which you WILL notice

but keep hold of the cat in case you need it for MOT

im currently driving a 1.4RT courtesy car while mine is in the bodyshop, and this car doesnt have anywhere near the top end pull mine has, i struggled to get to 70 the other day !

if i decat it, will that mean ill have to use 4-star petrol? someone told me that but im not sure if its correct or not.

oh good i asked, just sumone i know was saying that...lol. what about the low end power? will i get a better pulling power if i take the cat off or wont i notice it?

Skoda Fabia vRS

u will probably get better low end power if you leave the cat on, but trust me, once you get to any kind of revs/speed, you will be glad the cat has gone......as it really is very restrictive.........especially it seems on my courtesy car !

then i mite keep the cat on for now.i can always decat it after init.plus my car is allready weighed down with my heavy ice install so ill need the low end power more.

Skoda Fabia vRS

its nothin major mate, its only a slight difference, tobe honest you probably wont even notice it, get the cat off !