ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frazjam's Ph1 172

On the black 1.2s

2uga2ydu.jpg

Well trackday number 10 for this year yesterday, another trouble free day with 150 track miles!

Tried out some PF97s and new Brembo HCs, think I prefer the feel of the carbon Lorraine RC6s and performance wise I think they are very similar!

Some pics

My favourite pic - using all the track as your should!!

ry3ygynu.jpg

neherana.jpg

u6aju8aj.jpg

vatu4ena.jpg

Booked up for a reverse night on Thursday!

Cup In bits
Still never got a run yesterday :(

ps the 1st photo would be followed by a black/white flag two laps In a row ;)

Ye he's got some great pics, different areas from the usual!

Really love my rear end pic!

I shall take note of that Morgan, need to adjust my set up and try get a little more lose on the back end to help turn in

Gaz - Morgan loves any run off!! He loves the entire track, sideways.

Cup In bits
That's 2/10ths a lap that Gaz haha.

Yeah if you can get on with it loose then that's what your wanting, get the turning done before the corner. TBH your car runs circles round mine as it is unless its thrown about. Can't wait to have a race car that doesn't need man handled round.

Cup In bits
When's your other car going to be ready, Morgan?

If I had a pound for every time I was asked that haha, even this week......

For definite the start of next track season, maybe even out late this year if the weathers good.

Packed up and ready for trackday number 12 of the year!! Forecast looks good but cold, standard for knockhill!

Removed the runner from my driver seat as I wasn't using it and the seat was just to high!

Have had an issue with my NSF studs coming loose, all 4!

3e5u8una.jpg

Have cleaned them up, cleaned the hub and put them back in as per PMS instruction. So will be keeping a keen eye on them tomorrow!

Peugeot 308
Only just noticed the last 5 pages of updates on this!

Glad to see shes still going strong! Love this car!! :eek:

Couple of snap from Marc

unara8a2.jpg

Had to bail into the gravel or I was going to end up in the back of someone slower *cough* .GAZ. *cough*

Managed to get back out and do a couple laps before I decided it felt a little to uneasy, this maybe why...

7uzuju8a.jpg

u8ynu5u5.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
You off again???

Did it rip the bumper off or was that to get access to clean?

Need to watch out for these slow ass drivers!

Haha,

I made the decision to hit the gravel rather than Gaz!

It's ripped off, so it will be going aero catches same as Stus! Been meaning to do it for a while anyway, don't have a choice now!

Ye I've been meaning to do it but just never got the chance! Only held on by 4 bolts anyway!

Cheers mate! Must say I so love all the holes, did go a fade holesaw crazy but I like it.

Cup spoiler is a must, and ph2 bulb holder! Finishes the rear off IMO

Well after another successful trackday, and my fastest lap yet at knockhill, 62:07, the car was parked up for a week, went to put it on the trailer tonight and was miss firing like mad! Got it up to the unit, checked coilpacke etc, no change!

Ended up being injector number 3! So swapped for a new one, whilst doing so got a nice wee pinhole in the fuel line, no idea how that managed to happen, so head to change that too!! All back up and running though :)

Well no pics yet! Will get some tonight but she is now up to the unit and started strip her down for new goodies!

Put my deposit down on the safety devices 6point group buy. Hopefully have that around Feb.

List of new part to be fitted in the next few months

Full cage
Door cards
Polycarbs to the front.
Nylon rack bushes
Tie rods
Track rod ends
Aero catches to the bumper

Think I'm going to send the KWs away to get checked over, apart from that just strip some more interior out, radio etc, maybe crack the holesaw out on the interior.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Good shout on the roll cage. When's the next track day now?

You going for a record this year of trackdays? :p

Good shout on the roll cage. When's the next track day now?

You going for a record this year of trackdays? :p

Im aiming for the 8th of March, Its the first open pit, and also my birthday haha!

I managed 12 last year, so we will see if i can better than, think i may struggle as i've moved out now so cash is a little tighter!

Well got a start on her last night,

Up on stands, wheels off, seats out and the half cage removed.

ItBegins_zpsdae7e137.jpg

Interior_zpsc52c9319.jpg

Pretty happy with how the KWs look after a year of use, i did clean them regularly and they did not see a lot of road use

KWs_zpsd19c018d.jpg

The paint is looking a little worse for wear after a few trips through the gravel

Paintwork_zps3beb3ee8.jpg

And tucked up for the night

Tuckedup_zpsfe28bf8a.jpg

List of jobs to do

Fit Safety Devices full cage. (deposit paid awaiting delivery)
PMS Shifter (Receieved - Ready to fit)
Door cards/cut out inner door. (received ready to fit after cage)
Polycarbs to the front. (still to buy)
Nylon rack bushes. (Received, ready to fit)
Tie rods (Genuine Renault - Still to buy)
Track rod ends (still to buy - Lemfoder)
New Cup wishbones (Renault - still to buy)
Aero catches to the bumper (still to buy)

More to come tomorrow, should hopefully get all the suspension off tonight