ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s 1996 Mazda RX7 FD3S Efini (JDM & Rotary Content)

The week started out fairly well for the car and I, with a weekend of throwing it around thanks to the alignment, I was fairly content. I even had a tiny bit of internet fame...
497a6a14.jpg

Then, once again it all had to go to s**t. First off, it's started idling so badly that you'd be surprised it manages to stay running, shaking the hell out of the car. Haven't looked at that yet. Then it feels a bit gutless again and the PFC has occasionally started to flash the exhaust temp light at high revs, which is annoying. The small 10mm or so crack then grew to about 40mm, so a new windscreen is probably needed now.

I'd also grown mightily sick of my arch liners rubbing. I've chopped a load of plastic out of them today but left some in to protect key areas. Whilst at this, a small monsoon stopped action for a while...
15d1201f.jpg

Noticed one of my so called "Mint" new sidelights was full of condensation, so took my old one and polished it whilst the rain bounced down. I also thought I'd fit my new condensation free headlights. That was until I found out they had no fixings with them, so I swapped mine over. All was going well until I came to refit them and found my fixings to be shagged. Then whilst trying to remove them from the new headlight, I managed smash the casing on the first one I touched, the passenger side...
16c7bc82.jpg

So now I've got a fucked light, and one that lets in water held on by cable ties. Quality.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Think positive dude. Cable ties are lighter than bolts.

Adds bhp across the rev range.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Erm... The idle... U got a recording of it? U got a boost gauge? All over the place on idle? Does it smooth out at about 3k?

No, No, Sort of all over (makes the car shake, sits right down jumping about 450-600 revs), it smooths out above about 2000. It'll be related to the air pump being bypassed, but frankly I'm bored of caring ATM.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Erm.... Removing air pump never ever made mine like that... Is it hard to start?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Have you removed the pump and removed all the pipes and blocked off where you need to block off?

Tourings are cool in photos, and when incredibly clean, the rest of the time they do look like you own a labrador. Why not an e46?

I want to spend no more than £3k so I have some savings in case of anything going wrong with house/car etc. Besides, all my cars have been 90's designs, I'm just strange that way. I do actually have a Labrador though lol, albeit he'll be staying at home not coming with me.

I also did this today, merely to sell them on. Never even got to drive on these puppies :(

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Holy f**k that's epic.

Probably not what you want to hear when you're selling it though. Lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Has Jit sorted out registration etc yet?

The Meisters look mint dude! That's gotta hurt knowing you have had some mint wheels and never got to use them :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ahh I see. Wasn't sure if i'd missed out on a new trend or something.