ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Racing Blue Clio 182 Turbo

That looks superb mate, the photos are excellent. I also have the problem of mine appearing swirled to death in certain lights, will need to get round to sorting it after seeing this :up:

BG 182
Serious love this photo! I'd photoshop the text on the shutter out just to make it even better.

image5.jpg

FF Racing Blue 182
Lovely looking car. I had an inferno before i had the rb and after weeks of having it i now like the colour. It seems to show swirls really easily though.

Golf Gti edition 30
The battery light came on at the weekend past there and was charging up at 12.5v instead of about 14.5v so stripped the front end down on tuesday night and removed the alternator.Got a genuine one from renault today and bought a new exide 4 year warranty battery aswell so fitted them tonight and the fault is gone and charging back at 14.5v

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

Also am pulling out the PMS shifter next weekend as its too raw for a normal car.

Last edited:
  Golf Gti edition 30
Not done anything else to the car recently.Just been enjoying driving it when its good weather at the weekends or the odd evening.Still drives brilliant and is a really good sporty road car the way it is but still have the urge to tinker away with it.Just not sure what...

Its onto 35k on the clock now.Heres a few recent pics...

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

Last edited:
  Golf Gti edition 30
Bought and fitted a powerflex dogbone and vibra tecnics engine and gearbox mount.

All fitted easy enough apart from the bolts for the gearbox side were a bit fiddly.

What a difference and glad ive fitted them.

engine_mounts_1.jpg

engine_mounts_2.jpg

engine_mounts_3.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive had a couple of cars with these fitted- doesnt it add a lot of vibration through the column into the cabin -

Cars looking nice!

Golf Gti edition 30
There is a very slight bit more but is totally livable in a road car unlike the pms shifter which after a while ruined the car for me and couldnt get it removed fast enough.Is far too raw and clunky.
The car drives alot better with the front end stiffened up just a slight bit more.
The extra vibration came when i fitted the dogbone then a few weeks later when i fitted the vibratecnics mounts the vibration seemed the same but its more responsive when lifting the clutch up from pulling away and inbetween gear changes while accelerating.
Did a 400 mile round trip on tuesday to clioturbo to talk to Andy and see what a turbo'd clio goes like.Now just deciding what to do next.

Golf Gti edition 30
So the clio got dropped off with Andy at clioturbo last friday 25th sept after originally thinking of a stage 2 which turned into a stage 3 which turned into a stage 3 with supertech valves with inconel exhausts.

Getting various engine bits and pipes done in a anthracite finish with black boost hoses.

Also fitted a boost gauge for Andy to finish off while its in.Great guy and am filled full of confindence the cars at the right place to get all this work done.

Just really looking forward to getting it back a totally different car for the better.

Spent a bit of time the weekend before cleaning and waxing the car as it will be away for a wee bit.

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

Golf Gti edition 30
Hopefully be around the 330 bhp mark when its done.Was never intending to do all this when i got it but now the spending has got a bit out of control.The car drives great but they lack power as standard.

Lovely car as is IMO. Love it for what it is, if you want straight line speed you would be better putting your money into something actually fast out of the box.

From many years experience on here, nearly all FI conversions to 182s end in disaster. It's a lot of money to spunk up the wall.

Golf Gti edition 30
Well after 13 weeks away its been delayed again and its been stressfull to say the least.If this is what its like having a clioturbo 'without even driving it' it had better be good or with the amount its affecting things in my life.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I was quoted 6-8 week, it was over double and the that when I finally got the car back. Wasnt even worth the wait in the end as I have had no end of problems. Others have waited even longer - @Lal B3N , have you had yours back yet?

Golf Gti edition 30
Yeah 8-10 weeks for me.

Its now booked in for mapping next tuesday.Still waiting on a reply to when i can get it back.Hopefully theres not a delay again.Keep organising lifts and time off work to go down then at the last minute it gets cancelled.

Clio 197
You'd think after having converted so many Clios, they'd know how long it would take. Seems quite unprofessional to me tbh. But i'm loving the car mate, one of the best colours and you can tell it's been looked after well. 330 bhp should be fun!

I bet it will be awesome. i think it's gotta be better doing the conversion to a nice car rather than a shitter like some I've seen.
Mines low boost but can't really complain of things going wrong either .

Golf Gti edition 30
The car was ment to be in at efi parts for mapping today.Have asked for a pic on tuesday (today) of the results but no reply yet.

Dont need to look back to realise its the worst mistake ive ever made.Already know that.

Getting close to the point im ready to go down to take the car back in whatever state its in.

172 Turbo
The car was ment to be in at efi parts for mapping today.Have asked for a pic on tuesday (today) of the results but no reply yet.

Dont need to look back to realise its the worst mistake ive ever made.Already know that.

Getting close to the point im ready to go down to take the car back in whatever state its in.
Isn't Chris on holiday? His website has the closed signs up

Golf Gti edition 30
Yeah but aparently he was doing it today as a favour to Andy as my previous booking session got cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

turbo 182
I know how you feel about the wait but it will be worth it! Just let him get on with it and he will be in touch when it's sorted

Nothing worse than people breathing down your neck when your already under pressure.

172 Turbo
I know how you feel about the wait but it will be worth it! Just let him get on with it and he will be in touch when it's sorted

Nothing worse than people breathing down your neck when your already under pressure.
Really? I know Andy is busy, but just leaving it open ended doesn't help anyone. Customers get giving an ETA and if it's missed an update should follow with another, rather than leaving the customer to chase

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Its not a one off it taking this long. Infact I dont know anyone that has got their turbo conversion back on time (obv I only know of the ones in the last 6 months). It wouldnt be so bad if you actually got an update now and again but you dont get anything. When you drop your car off and have a chat about what you want doing Andy gives you the reassuring spiel about how you will get pics and updates every week. Well I didnt get a single picture and updates were only provided after hounding the hell out of him. Its piss poor to set your expectations and then fall foul of every one of them. Its such a quick and easy thing to do and means the world to a customer to know their pride and joy is in good hand and being worked on. I have had to rely on friends visiting CT to take pics to send me when they visit.

Im still waiting on pictures on a disc now months after the car was returned, Andy said he was sending them along with other parts that should have been on my car but werent when it was returned. Its got to the point now where I have emailed so many times to try and get them back that its frankly embarrassing. I just want my stuff back if you read this.

Last edited:
  320d
I don't understand how the conversion can take so long. Once they have all the parts in then surely it's only a day or twos labour then off for mapping - is there more to it than this?