ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine (plus car build thread)

Saw one of these the other day. Same as yours(ish) by that it was the limited edition one.

Pics do not do it justice. Look mean/sexy as hell is the flesh.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
to be honest, each model was a special edition lol...

mines the type r, there is a rb, rz, type x, etc lol the uk model is possibly the rarest but also pig ugly with the rear bumper...

when i go back on tuesday, if i can fit 2 of my bald as hell stock wheels in the car im gonna bring back 2 of the enkei's and strip them then next day bring back 2 more, all 4 tyres on it atm are dead so i need some new ones, its just getting my stock wheels there that is the problem lol... im not sure what colour to do the centres though? was thinking midnight purple?? or like a liquid yellow... im not doing black or amfrasite ;) lol needs to be different and not red either or takata green... lips will be polished wheels look s**t in those pics but when clean look sexy as frig so ideas people.

Yeah i guessed something the like.

First time i've ever seen one out here NZ. Loads of s**t hot cars here though. Awesome roads.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
There are some mental cars in nz pretty much all the worlds fastest jap cars are there now!! There are some insane rx7's out there, import laws are low and japan is like a stones throw away lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its in!

here are some engine in pics!

_DSC0060-1.jpg

_DSC0064-1.jpg

_DSC0065-2.jpg

:D tomorrow doing the downpipe and mounting the radiator and mocking up the intercooler :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the part that is primered basically had to cut the car as the turbo was touching, had to cut it and strengthen it then weld it :) but really happy so far :)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Cool, coming along then..

Right possibly stupid question time then.. what about the heat from the turbo on the air filter?

I was always under the impression that the cooler the air the better?

Or is rotary different? :eek:

Evo 6, E92 320d
Cool, coming along then..

Right possibly stupid question time then.. what about the heat from the turbo on the air filter?

I was always under the impression that the cooler the air the better?

Or is rotary different? :eek:

The air will be going through a good sized intercooler, so the temp will drop anyway.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
plus the front of the turbo shouldnt be getting too hot... as its so big it wont create too much heat, plus there is going to be a water injection nozzle in the centre of the filter so the air or charge will cool instantly and the intercooler will drop a s**t load more heat off!

as for videos dont worry there will be a load lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Not doing direct port W.I.?

eh? its not like nitrous lol! you have 1 jet... some people run 2 smaller ones but its not used to increase power... the further away from the throttle body the better, it atomises in to the air and mixes and makes it more dense so the longer it has the better it works, its used as a detonation prevention to begin with i will be running just water, when i take it up the strip i might run a 50:50 water methanol settup...

today did a few jobs and test fitted the intercooler...

9d25a4e1.jpg

its a v mount settup so the rad will be below it and im just ordering an alloy rad to replace my stock one :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
like i said mate its called a vmount, basically the rad is going under that if you were looking at the side of the car the bottom of the rad is at the front lowest to the ground then the top is near the engine and the rad is on a 45degree angle... so its like this \ then the intercooler sits on top flat so it looks like a number 7 from a side profile with the sides between the rad and the intercooler boxed in, with a flat tray under the front of the car...

that way as you drive along air is rammed through the rad and up through the intercooler... as its all boxed in there is no were else for it to go so its the best way for cooling when moving, slot of drifters etc use it this way...

5423.gif

can sort of see in this pic what it will be like, rad on angle and intercooler on top :)

Qashcow
as im from the gtr background, will you be butchering the bonnet too above the vmount to let airflow pass through? i dont remember what bonnet you own

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
nope running stock bonnet, rx7 undertray etc is designed for air to be rammed under the bonnet then it be shot down the trans tunnel... angle of the intercooler etc there is a big open space above it also the arches in the front from the bay have ducting going to brake coolers and then out the wings :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
small update downpipe was made today... getting it welded on wednesday... my alloy rad turned up friday... will have pics tomorrow... however found a guy in america running pretty much the same settup as me... scarily similar tbh... anyway... this is what he said about his car (he is running more boost now)
The car is F'in nuts. I thought the car was fast at 11 psi with the single, then at 15 psi which made my street tires melt at 65+ mph, this was solved with some BFG drag radials. Now at 20 psi even the drag radials break loose. And it's not from driveline shock from a shift. I can full throttle it in 3rd from 3k and have full traction until say 5500 or 6k then they just start slipping from all the power. It's exciting and a bit unnerving, not just because the tires are being pushed to their limits, but the sheer acceleration even at triple digit speeds is unreal.

im actually scared lol! what the f**k am i getting myself in to!

oh yeh 23psi he is running now with 570+bhp at the rear wheels!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no real update shots... however had to go buy these today... goodrich fittings, just these 2 parts and the price actually made me want to cry... i have all the others for my fuel settup these are just for the turbo oil feed... and got some braided -6 line too... it was like 80 quid for the line and the fittings!

1002963e.jpg

felt so annoyed they cost that much lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my fuel settup:

Fuel Rail
1680cc injectors x2
braided line to run from the hard lines to the fuel pressure reg then to the fuel rails
fuel lab fpr
fpr gauge
fittings to plumb the rails in parallel

that lot is costing 400 quid ish!

the fittings i got today were just to make up an oil feed line for the turbo and cost 80 lol :(

also today ripped out the oil lines for the 2 oil coolers (there are 2 oil coolers on my car) stock lines are mostly solid with some rubber... they are completely in the way for the rad and intercooler, so i removed them got some new fittings and some super high temp oil hose gonna tuck the lines out the way so they cant be seen...

450bhp daily figure is what we are going for... once i get that at 1bar... anything over will be happy with :)

Charged Superleggera
jeeez malice those injectors big enough lol? are those 1680cc injectors for you primaries or secondaries?

this is gonna be a serious machine when its finished. cant wait for th vid.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
1680's for the secondarys, im running the stock 550's on the primarys, i was gonna run 850s for primarys but getting a smooth idle and town driving can be a pain so im told... and the 550's and 1680's will run 680bhp...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
guy i know is running 2000cc's and upping the pressure to give 2500cc lol!!

was going well today until i used an angle grinder on my hand :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
did a LOT today well it wont seem like much but it was alot of work, fabricated and made mounts for the intercooler and rad, its now in its vmount

d11720c4.jpg

didnt get pics of the rad as im a doughnut :(

anyway downpipe is made and is being final welded, will be back at the car on tuesday to final fit the turbo, turbo oil feed, turbo oil drain and downpipe as well as make up the new oil cooler lines finish a couple things with the rad and start the fuel lines!

my engine loom will be finished over the weekend or by monday the latest... so soon as thats done and the fuel lines and i plumb in the rad... it will be started :D

also tonight i picked up a roof spoiler similar to this

resizedjdmparts1s039.jpg

wheels are gonna be refurbed and spaced before its back on the road so yay!

i will get start up videos :D i cant wait! really cant!! im gonna have to look at getting a quieter exhaust though as the nur spec is going to be retardedly loud with a 4" downpipe and screamer pipe :( plus the engine porting also makes the exhaust louder :( but i will run it for a few months :D very nearly got some work viennas tonight but had to resist!