ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet (RS2 style) for 182

306 gti6, Clio 182
image.jpg
image.jpg
Right don't know what to say really! Good and bad news!
Made 188.7 bhp and only 136.5 in ft
BUT the torque curve is very flat, as I said before feels very reponesive it makes 130 ib ft between 3800rpm all the way to 7300rpm
Still I think the car had very good numbers before With just beathing mods (and it was a very damp day)
Oh well surpose I have to wait and see what the 438 cams do!

306 gti6, Clio 182
@Hatto So £850 down and you've got more torque across the rev range but less torque at peak and less power at peak?
A little bit more power, but like I said not mapped to suit I'm sure if it was would be a bit better, but still id say it was a waste of money!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
A little bit more power, but like I said not mapped to suit I'm sure if it was would be a bit better, but still id say it was a waste of money!

Problem is that bit more power is right at the top of the rev range so in reality your peak power was probably better/more usable before.
Hope a decent map changes that and the torque for you...

306 gti6, Clio 182
If I'd never got it on the dyno and never known the power I'd say it feels quicker! After fitting the kit it felt very responsive low down!
What can I say think I was expecting mid 190 really!

Iam not surper disappointed, because I've got 438 to go in and will be mapped to suit, I'll just have to wait if results are crap then I'll be very upset

So basically its made no difference! you need it mapped, when i had cams fitted the the RR before mapping and after mapping was 15bhp difference, i think you'll see a nice difference with a proper map!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
needs mapping i have been told to get any good power increase from these inlets matey

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
1.7 bhp not a great result but if its not mapped its to be expected. If you put itbs on and didnt map it you would probably get the same power. There is no doubt the engine is getting a lot more air in a lot quicker than before just simply down to the more direct route if the fueling hasnt been compensated for the added air the mixture wont be right therefore not producing anymore power. I dont think its a waste of money the sound alone is probably worth some of the cost. In hindsight its probably too expensive for what it is and should have been £500 but i guess the 2 guys on here and me have took one for the team as is always the case with a new product. I am still hoping for some decent results as mine is getting mapped, to be fair the tourqe is what i wanted not a headline bhp figure so iam quite pleased that it has given a smoother tourqe curve. Hopefully wont be too long before i can get mine mapped .

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
spot on drakec,what is the sound like mine in stuck with dansjm for 2 weeks as ecu needs wiping etc.

Not mapped, runs slightly rich
I don't have an afr printout
If it's running rich its lost flow against the previous setup.

I've had a quick look at ads, namely checking it before fitting and glad I have. Bolted it up to a spare cylinder head and found its got a few leaks (used a snap on smoke tester that I use for finding such issues!) and found both the carbon canister and the brake servo take off are both leaking. So they'll need addressing before I fit it properly.

In honesty at the moment I'm not holding much hope of many (if any!) gains. The plenum chamber is much smaller against the RS2, and the trumpets are machined, which hasn't given as much of 'free air' for it to gulp from.

306 gti6, Clio 182
Sound is good, yeah mapping would be better but there's little point just for a month to wait, at least I know the fuelling is safe till then
Really can't wait to get the cams in now

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon

I've had a quick look at ads, namely checking it before fitting and glad I have. Bolted it up to a spare cylinder head and found its got a few leaks (used a snap on smoke tester that I use for finding such issues!) and found both the carbon canister and the brake servo take off are both leaking. So they'll need addressing before I fit it properly.

In honesty at the moment I'm not holding much hope of many (if any!) gains. The plenum chamber is much smaller against the RS2, and the trumpets are machined, which hasn't given as much of 'free air' for it to gulp from.
Dan hi if you think the inlet is shite is it worth fitting,or not

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.

Where are they leaking from? Is it where they are connected to the plenum? Also i assume the connection on the left hand side as you look at it is the carbon canister connection and the other is the brake booster as thats how i was going to plumb it in.

306 gti6, Clio 182

It was running slightly rich before rstuner overrun map I don't have any figures for the afr but I remember mike saying it was slightly rich

Also I sorted the s**t fitting fittings at the bottom of the manifold before fitting

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
It was running slightly rich before rstuner overrun map I don't have any figures for the afr but I remember mike saying it was slightly rich

Also I sorted the s**t fitting fittings at the bottom of the manifold before fitting
How did you sort them just so i can make sure its right before i bolt it on?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
just messaged him i think paypal dispute i will open tbh poor quality etc,just what i dont need

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Personaly i would like my money back but lets be honest thats not going to happen we all bought this because it looked well made and a decent bit of kit. Turns out it isnt what we all hoped for. But he never promised anything or any massive gains so to be fair to him we havent got a reason to ask for our money back other than we think its a bit s**t now we have it. Personaly iam just going to fit it and hope for the best its a waste if £850 potentialy but it might turn out ok still.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
just messaged him i think paypal dispute i will open tbh poor quality etc,just what i dont need
Let me know what happens i cant see me getting my money back now i have drilled the f**king thing